Only in America

The Fish

• 1 month later...

I know it's a slightly daft comparison but imagine if about 50,000 people a year were being killed in a war. The public outcry would be huge.

I know it's a slightly daft comparison but imagine if about 50,000 people a year were being killed in a war. The public outcry would be huge.

uwRIWum.gif

Another 35 will be shot dead today alone going on current trends. It's not even news most of the time unless it involves the police or a black man

really? i will assume that what you meant, wasn't what you wrote.

I mean whenever the killer is a black man it's big news in America, that's the narrative the media are playing out atm off the back of the Ferguson stuff

Think race was irrelevant in this case, in terms of how newsworthy it was. A bloke shooting people live on air then posting his own video of the shooting on social media was going to be a massive story regardless. I think you're probably right though in more general terms.