Newcastle United vs Sunderland Match Thread

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the second goal Santon looked to see where Johnson was then moved into the middle, then after the defelection and Krul save,found he had to put in a 50/50 tackle on Johnson.He shit his pants and shyed out.

Did a kind of ballet move with his right leg instead putting his left foot through it.

8th in the premiership. Bad day at the office. You really want to argue it was a fluke and now it's all over? That defeats to Man City and Arsenal are evidence of Pardew's decline?

No, defeats at home from Cardiff, Sunderland and Hull. Or at Swansea, Sunderland & West Brom are.

Not that I see it as much of a decline. I was saying he was shite when we came 5th, that it was built on the confidence gained from generous fixtures to start the season. Everything was shite last year, and despite me giving him credit where it's due, he's still shite.

Beating Chelea & Spurs on their off days have been the only flukes. Everyone wins at Old Trafford nowadays ;)

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

I'm not sure if you and the others are misunderstanding me - I don't doubt for a second that Pardew is shite and could do better, what I'm saying is he's just a symptom of the overall disease. You could get in a top coach (as unlikely as that would be) but you'd still have Ashley pulling the strings in the background and fucking up the runnings. Concentrating on Pardew is like repeatedly replacing a blown fuse without solving the problem causing the short.

I'm not sure if you and the others are misunderstanding me - I don't doubt for a second that Pardew is shite and could do better, what I'm saying is he's just a symptom of the overall disease. You could get in a top coach (as unlikely as that would be) but you'd still have Ashley pulling the strings in the background and fucking up the runnings. Concentrating on Pardew is like repeatedly replacing a blown fuse without solving the problem causing the short.

Think a modern coach would make a world of difference personally. I'm not in the Pardew is total shite camp, more the he's a bit set in his ways and is resistant to embracing the passing game fully. He's had spells of making it work but jettisons it at the first sign of trouble. Weak.

On this note Ole will be an interesting experiment at Cardiff cause although he's young and fresh has shown a liking for a 442 with wingers ala core ManU stylee. Putting Zaha on in the 38th min bodes well for them and shows he has balls.

Edited by Park Life

we are still clueless when it comes to breaking into the opponents box and rely almost exclusively on long range efforts or balls lofted in.

Been thinking this - seem to shoot from range more than we used and it's infuriating. 1, it's hard to score from range. 2, most of our lot aren't good at shooting from range. 3, it just gives possession back to the opponent. 4, it wastes an opportunity to get into a more fruitful attacking position.

edit; I'd like to think the clever fans shouting "shoot!" don't actually convince our players to do so, unless it actually makes sense to (nothing else on, good position etc - Sissoko's goal versus WBA for example).

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Been thinking this - seem to shoot from range more than we used and it's infuriating. 1, it's hard to score from range. 2, most of our lot aren't good at shooting from range. 3, it just gives possession back to the opponent. 4, it wastes an opportunity to get into a more fruitful attacking position.

unbelievably we had 28 shots yesterday.

6 in the box that weren't blocked.

2 of those on target.

First team squad is too thin. As soon as key men are out we look clueless. Collo organising at the back and bringing the ball up to the half way line, Cabaye holding it till people are in position and Remy making ghost runs...Take those moments out of a side and it is toothless. I contend however that if Hatem had been playing regularly it would have mitigated some of those deficiencies.

We can keep the ball. We've shown it recently. No idea why Cabaye leaving means we abandon it totally.

We weren't horrible to look at versus Norwich, and yeah, the likes of Anita like to keep the ball on the deck.

I'd like to think we'll get Remy back and avoid hoofing the ball, but I've got a horrible feeling Pardew still stick Remy to the left of De Jong and ask the players to just hoof it towards the two of them (Remy is tall too, after all, but he's not the sort of forward who'll get much out of air balls).

First team squad is too thin. As soon as key men are out we look clueless. Collo organising at the back and bringing the ball up to the half way line, Cabaye holding it till people are in position and Remy making ghost runs...Take those moments out of a side and it is toothless. I contend however that if Hatem had been playing regularly it would have mitigated some of those deficiencies.

What's worse/terrifying is that I'd wager we'll be Colo and Remy-less come 2014-2015, amongst others.

Squad will need a major overhaul (no guarantee we'll decide to buy De Jong either), and I really have no faith in the club to deliver. We can scout and identify well, don't get me wrong. But Kinnear getting them over the line? Nah.

No, defeats at home from Cardiff, Sunderland and Hull. Or at Swansea, Sunderland & West Brom are.

Not that I see it as much of a decline. I was saying he was shite when we came 5th, that it was built on the confidence gained from generous fixtures to start the season. Everything was shite last year, and despite me giving him credit where it's due, he's still shite.

Beating Chelea & Spurs on their off days have been the only flukes. Everyone wins at Old Trafford nowadays ;)

What have the defeats to Hull at home, Sunderland or Swansea away got to do with the post I was replying to?

You quoted the form in the last 7 games which includes 2 defeats to Arsenal and Man City. Not sure why you chose to disagree with the idea that we played below our potential and our manager has had many better days tactically. You did for whatever reason and chose to use our form in the last 7 games to make some point (which am not really clear on).

Sunderland beating us on our off day is therefore also a fluke in that case. For anyone not following the point, counter-point of my logic, that's not what I'm saying.

Our bench had 2 young full backs, a 16 year old striker, the forgotten man Marveaux, a spare keeper and a bloke who has played ten minutes of football this season. Remy and Colo are off in May so you can discount them. The club are still working on getting Cisse a move for some bizarre reason too???

Basically, if HBA, Anita, Tiote or Sissoko get injured then we have Gosling playing for the rest of the season

We know Taylor will never be dependable. I say before every game Mbiwa should be starting ahead of him.

But the thing with Santon is a lot of us had high hopes for him. I just dont see him going on to become a good full back. He's soft and weak in the tackle, gets beaten way too easily and going forward lacks the final product. I'd love it if he can prove me wrong. At the moment I'd start both Haidara and Dummet ahead of him.

We know Taylor will never be dependable. I say before every game Mbiwa should be starting ahead of him.

But the thing with Santon is a lot of us had high hopes for him. I just dont see him going on to become a good full back. He's soft and weak in the tackle, gets beaten way too easily and going forward lacks the final product. I'd love it if he can prove me wrong. At the moment I'd start both Haidara and Dummet ahead of him.

Santon was knackered round a bout the 50/55 minute mark.

Our bench had 2 young full backs, a 16 year old striker, the forgotten man Marveaux, a spare keeper and a bloke who has played ten minutes of football this season. Remy and Colo are off in May so you can discount them. The club are still working on getting Cisse a move for some bizarre reason too???

Basically, if HBA, Anita, Tiote or Sissoko get injured then we have Gosling playing for the rest of the season

Gouffran back for next game I think but aye, that bench was cringeworthy. Depth in midfield my arse.