Newcastle United vs Sunderland Match Thread

Kid Dynamite

I don't care how many players we have missing, our starting XI is head and shoulders above theirs if we turn up

Krul

Santon

Taylor

Willo

Debuchy

Anita

Sissoko

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Gouffran/Sammy

De Jong/Shola/Cisse

They are up for it now with their cup run and the belief that we are in tatters as we will be missing Cabaye and Remy. A signing before Saturday to gee everyone up would be nice too

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn it, I was thinking about starting this thread :ermm: Fish will have your head if we lose.

I said this for yesterday's game too, but we should start Mbiwa instead of Taylor. If we see him as our long term CB there's no point keeping him on the bench right now. Also its about time Taylor did something massively stupid, and with passions running high on Saturday that could be the day.

Any word on Gouffran and Cisse being fit for this? Not that Cisse is likely to feature anyway. Could do with Gouffran though, Sammy did very well yesterday but he was running on empty for the last half an hour.

We've had a better team on paper than the unwashed for the past 20 years, doesn't guarantee anything. Just look at last night as an example, you can completely dominate a game but if your missing that clinical edge in the final third then it can be detrimental. We've also been missing a bit of luck since the turn of the year, but no doubt on our day we should beat them.

Grasping the midfield early on will be the main focus, Tiote should dominate Clattermole the way he's being playing. One of our players of the season so far.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

The unwashed really are getting carried away at the minute though, I was speaking to one at the weekend and he reckoned "it's your cup final". Are they fucking kidding? It's an early kick off on a saturday against relegation threatened nobodies that just happen to dwell a few miles down the road. That is it.

Their form is quite surprising now I look at it. Only lost 1 in 7.

Wheras Palace have been able to put a couple of wins in a row together to get out of the mire, the mackems have just been drawing too many.

Hope they get a good result against Stoke to climb above Fulham and West Ham, come into the game feeling safer and coasting :D

I've said it elsewhere but this is rarely a flowing game of football. As a result the quality of footballers in the side can mean very little, it's more about the attitudes and desire to win. It usually takes a very long time for the game to settle into any form of rhythm, the earlier we can achieve this the better. Players not used to it can easily get caught up in the electric atmosphere and as a result can be positionally poor and flat footed.

There's no doubt that there will be a full field press from them in the early stages so the likes of Tiote and Anita will need to be at their best with making the right passes to maintain possession. That will draw fouls from them which will hopefully allow us to get the referee on side.

Sounds like this will come to soon for De Jong (played only 85 mins all season).

Can't see why we are isolating Marveaux. His calm presence around the box would have been ideal yesterday, particularly as the match wore on.

Because he's a heartless coward!

His calm presence isn't a great ability to filter distractions and perform to a high standard when everyone else is frantic...its a sign he does not give one single shit.

Clearly that is reflected in his training too, hence a 16 year old child getting on the bench ahead of him last night.

Can't belive I fed the WUM. If you need this explaining again, don't post, bookmark this and read it back.

Because he's a heartless coward!

His calm presence isn't a great ability to filter distractions and perform to a high standard when everyone else is frantic...its a sign he does not give one single shit.

Clearly that is reflected in his training too, hence a 16 year old child getting on the bench ahead of him last night.

Can't belive I fed the WUM.  If you need this explaining again, don't post, bookmark this and read it back.

Nice last paragraph ;)

That moment when he managed to calmly unlock the door (I think in Europe), when he took a moment on the ball, waited and then delivered a slide rule pass for the goal, was exactly the type of play we could have benefitted from last night. (While everyone else was being frantic).

Marveaux's done that once in 2 years.

Ben Arfa did it twice last night....and yet you criticise Ben Arfa's workrate and don't question it of Marveaux?

:CT:

Last night was about unlocking a defence, not work rate. As one of the few who has the ability to do it he should be on the bench.