The Squad Availability 06 - 02 - 2014

trooper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinnear was binned due to his lack of performance, I do think we'll see a reaction fom Ashley in summer whether its a genuine attempt to sell or considerable strengthening, he can't afford for us to be relegated and he will surely realise the good chance of that happening with that batch of players out of the team.

Kinnear was binned due to his lack of performance, I do think we'll see a reaction fom Ashley in summer whether its a genuine attempt to sell or considerable strengthening, he can't afford for us to be relegated and he will surely realise the good chance of that happening with that batch of players out of the team.

I would think that if there is a genuine interest in selling, he's probably already having conversations with a perspective buyer. He making any odd business trips lately? I'm more inclined to think that he will make some moves to shore up the talent over the summer in fear of relegation. Who knows, maybe Kinnear actually surprised Ashley with his incompetence. Long shot I know, but who knows.

I don't think he was. I honestly believe he was brought in as a lightning rod and the plan was to not buy in summer and only buy in January if in danger. Mike has got exactly what he wanted just about guaranteed premier football with no outlay. He can now pocket all of this years TV money.

I don't think he was. I honestly believe he was brought in as a lightning rod and the plan was to not buy in summer and only buy in January if in danger. Mike has got exactly what he wanted just about guaranteed premier football with no outlay. He can now pocket all of this years TV money.

I don't think Mike Ashley cares enough about what we think of him to employ a patsy.

People keep saying Ashley wants to spend as little as possible but over the last 5 seasons, due to sourcing value and negotiating well, we've made £45 million profit on transfers, £9 million a season.

You can only do that if you actually buy players in the first place. How much profit can we make on the players we've signed this season? I'd imagine Ashley would be disappointed we failed to find any potential future profitable assets and has asked him to resign, that's more likely than hiring a very expensive patsy with a massive gob.

If you were going to hire anyone to take the heat, why someone who at any moment could get pissed up, snap, ring talksport and tell the world what you're up to?

Ashley will not make any money on any of the first 4 players listed, IF they are to go. Colo at an age now he won't command a big price, hopefully someone elsewhere will offer Shola a better contract, Remy ain't ours and Cisse going is only speculation.

He will have to spend big in the summer regardless, but I don't know where the money will come from.

Ashley will not make any money on any of the first 4 players listed, IF they are to go. Colo at an age now he won't command a big price, hopefully someone elsewhere will offer Shola a better contract, Remy ain't ours and Cisse going is only speculation.

He will have to spend big in the summer regardless, but I don't know where the money will come from.

Aye because we've already been overspending so much recently :lol:

People keep saying Ashley wants to spend as little as possible but over the last 5 seasons, due to sourcing value and negotiating well, we've made £45 million profit on transfers, £9 million a season.

You can only do that if you actually buy players in the first place. How much profit can we make on the players we've signed this season? I'd imagine Ashley would be disappointed we failed to find any potential future profitable assets and has asked him to resign, that's more likely than hiring a very expensive patsy with a massive gob.

If you were going to hire anyone to take the heat, why someone who at any moment could get pissed up, snap, ring talksport and tell the world what you're up to?

How many times can a club source player clauses?

And yet on his day he's still the best player at the club. We would be mad to let him go, regardless of his weaknesses.

Ps. He's 26

He's way past his developmental phase. He's been tried in every position in our front third without success. What you see from him today is the best he's ever going to offer. To be fair, the way he's come back from that injury is a credit to him, he's nearly come back as strong as he was pre-injury. To say he's still our best player on his day is a detriment to the squad as a whole - that only implies how shit the squad is. I don't disagree with your assessment, I just shudder at what that means as whole. At least you are realist though, there was someone on this forum who thought he'd be AC MIlan's next signing. Fool. :lol:

There's no way you can say that that's the best you'll see of him. His biggest weakness is his mental fortitude and decision making, two things that should feasibly improve over time.

I play for Queens Grads, so it's NAFL and down area for our teams don't think there's much chance of me being down that neck of the woods sadly lol, rather be down that direction than ards or bangor mind.

What division are you in?

Problem is he sees Shola ahead of him and decided to try and do it all alone. And who can blame him?

He's also finding space but isn't receiving the ball, so drops deeper to collect and instead of beating 2 men (which is entirely capable of doing) he's facing 4-5.

He's also finding space but isn't receiving the ball, so drops deeper to collect and instead of beating 2 men (which is entirely capable of doing) he's facing 4-5.

Aye. Hope this can change when Remy and Gouffran return on either wings with De Jong up front.