Newcastle Vs Tottenham

Anorthernsoul

That was a truly shockingly piss poor performance last night - think I preferred the difficult 4 hour speed limited drive back north in a poorly insulated minibus through the brutal sidewinds and pishing snow - at least I got to my kip just after 2am :angry:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you have a hole in your arse Santon is a shit left back. Not left footed and can't defend.

Here's a crazy thought, let's try him on the right wing where he wont have to come back onto his good (only) foot all the time and he can get first time crosses in rather than having the striker make a run only for him to hold it up and THEN cross it.

Fish has had a colostomy.

I remember the same criticism being levelled at Enrique. I insist that if you play Gouffran in front of him, he's a decent left-back. Behind Sammy Ameobi (who's been playing all right) or whomever his failures are left extremely exposed. He isn't great positionally, I think that this could be coached into him. His problems are threefold;

1. A small squad, with a huge gap in quality between the 1st and the others.

2. A bang average manager that hasn't improved the technical players sufficiently

3. A fanbase that needs a scapegoat in the 1st team.

So what you are saying is it isn't any fault of his for not being able to defend,tackle,score or create.

Well no he is what he is that's no ones fault. Maybe Pardew could coach him better maybe he couldn't but if he just isn't any good that's not Santon's fault. it would be Pardew's fault if he picks him knowing there is someone better we have but if we don't then that's Ashley's fault.

So you now agree with me that he is shite.i have never been a fan of fullbacks who cannot defend.I used to think Alan Kennedy and John Beresford were poor defenders but decent going foward but with a couple of months of fitness training i would have both of them before Santon.After shying out in a 50/50 with the makem night club regular he should never have been selected again to wear the black and white shirt.I would rather see Pardew give Dummat the chance to progress with his football education in the remaining fixtures than see that cowardly wanker be given more chances to prove me correct.

So what you are saying is it isn't any fault of his for not being able to defend,tackle,score or create.

No, I'm saying that he can be taught to defend, he can be less exposed by playing better players around him and you need a scapegoat, so will ignore any evidence that contradicts your stance just so you can cling onto a scapegoat.

I also think your argument is watered down when you don't even know the name of player that you want to replace him.

How does not being able to name his replacement water down my argument.I am saying he is a shite left back ,which he is.Not only can he not defend,create anything or put in dangerous crosses,he is forever out of position .He's on par with Stimson,Ian Davies and John Ryan.I am not making him a scapegoat for all our problems,i am simply pointing out he is shite.

How does not being able to name his replacement water down my argument.I am saying he is a shite left back ,which he is.Not only can he not defend,create anything or put in dangerous crosses,he is forever out of position .He's on par with Stimson,Ian Davies and John Ryan.I am not making him a scapegoat for all our problems,i am simply pointing out  he is shite.

He's out of position because he's taking corners from either side. Or Because Stevie Taylor is doing his super Geordie burst through the middle.

I was constantly frustrated by how exposed we were in Santon's position through no fault of his.

He must be twice as pissed off.

He's out of position because he's taking corners from either side. Or Because Stevie Taylor is doing his super Geordie burst through the middle.

I was constantly frustrated by how exposed we were in Santon's position through no fault of his.

He must be twice as pissed off.

People need a scapegoat man.