The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

More of the same old shit from the club so far. There's absolutely no need to sign new players before season ticket renewal deadline because all this 'new dawn' carry on is the season ticket renewal promo. It'll work too for the most part because the likes of CT represent the target audience.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus man Europe is awash with Tier 2 strikers like Austin. Get a couple of pacey forwards with something about them. How HARD can it BE? :lol:

Yeah and Dost needs it on a plate. We have no plates.

Edited by Park Life

Every time I read about this, our offer seems to have gone down, and their demands seem to have gone up. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with someone off them, at a reasonable price as a thank you for driving Austin's price up for Liverpool or whomever he ends up at.

Aye, I feel like anytime there is another club in for a player we're in for the deal is basically dead in the water. 9m for a striker of Austin's level is nowt tbh, players like Steven Fletcher went for that years ago, if they have really bid that it's clear this was another attempt at making the fans feel like they were doing something coupled with a bullshit report saying it's close from their favorite newspaper. Expect this one to be another we can't get across the line. Bas Dost doesn't fill me with any confidence btw, never looked much use any time I've seen him.

Jesus man Europe is awash with Tier 2 strikers like Austin. Get a couple of pacey forwards with something about them. How HARD can it BE? :lol:

There were only three players who scored more PL goals than Austin last season. Europe is clearly not awash with that quality of player.

I wouldn't mind signing Dost if we were getting a couple of proven assist-machines, or if I had full faith in McClaren to get the best out of de Jong and Cabella.

Aye, I feel like anytime there is another club in for a player we're in for the deal is basically dead in the water. 9m for a striker of Austin's level is nowt tbh, players like Steven Fletcher went for that years ago, if they have really bid that it's clear this was another attempt at making the fans feel like they were doing something coupled with a bullshit report saying it's close from their favorite newspaper. Expect this one to be another we can't get across the line. Bas Dost doesn't fill me with any confidence btw, never looked much use any time I've seen him.

Didn't that scottish 'keeper go tot he mackems for £9m? Where's essembee when you need him, he'd know.

Owes much to the final pass if you ask me.

We're not really short of "finishers", we've got Perez & Cisse, we need an Austin. More physical, more complete. Amirite?

At the moment, I think the most important thing is the quality not the type of forward. Perez is quite versatile but young. Cisse is an out and out finisher but has had a fair few injuries. Ideally, I agree, we need someone with a bit of physical presence who is good with the ball. But I'd be happy simply with PL quality to start with given the lack of quality we already have.

Didn't that scottish 'keeper go tot he mackems for £9m? Where's essembee when you need him, he'd know.

:lol: He did aye, think he's back in Scotland now. Sure Essembee knows when the lad last had a drink if you'd like to know, or if you don't care he'll tell you anyway.

Absolutely. It's the same old shit. I refuse to be enthusiastic until we actually manage to sign someone who isn't just some foreign no mark with one good season on record in a shit league.

At the moment, I think the most important thing is the quality not the type of forward. Perez is quite versatile but young. Cisse is an out and out finisher but has had a fair few injuries. Ideally, I agree, we need someone with a bit of physical presence who is good with the ball. But I'd be happy simply with PL quality to start with given the lack of quality we already have.

Not being funny, but isn't Ba available for nowt?

:lol: He did aye, think he's back in Scotland now. Sure Essembee knows when the lad last had a drink if you'd like to know, or if you don't care he'll tell you anyway.

:lol: bless his heart. His poor struggling heart.

:lol:

There were only three players who scored more PL goals than Austin last season. Europe is clearly not awash with that quality of player.

Yeah but we're not getting him. We're not getting a proven Tier 1 goalscorer 25m plus either are we? They went for Austin (told everyone) cause they imagined 9-10m would be enough. Cause they are buffoonery timeshare.

What we can achieve however is pacy young strikers with the bit between their teeth and Europe IS packed with them.

Edited by Park Life

What we can achieve however is pacy young strikers with the bit between their teeth and Europe IS packed with them.

Have you heard of Rivierre? He's mint.

Lord. :lol:

He's a proven quality PL striker. Better than some failed 100m sprinter with the touch of a rapist from the continent.

Demba Ba App: 307 Goals: 147 Goal every other game. Plus quality link up play added in.

Em Riviere: App: 211 Goals: 49 One in four. Offers fuck all else. Really fast runner though. Like Obertan. Our brilliantly fast winger who sucks at football.

Edited by toonotl

He's a proven quality PL striker. Better than some failed 100m sprinter with the touch of a rapist from the continent.

Demba Ba App: 307 Goals: 147 Goal every other game. Plus quality link up play added in.

Em Riviere: App: 211 Goals: 49 One in four. Offers fuck all else. Really fast runner though. Like Obertan. Our brilliantly fast winger. Who sucks at football.

Wot you going on about Riviere for?

:lol: He fits the billing for exactly what you're describing from the continent.

Don't let that lead you to the conclusion that there aren't a thousand other examples of incredibly fast one-dimensional players who we could waste money on signing if you were in charge.

Yeah but we're not getting him. We're not getting a proven Tier 1 goalscorer 25m plus either are we? They went for Austin (told everyone) cause they imagined 9-10m would be enough. Cause they are buffoonery timeshare.

Depends how McClaren plays though.

Austin, Das boot and that West Brom chap that begins with B

Was is das/Dost?

We had Remy tied up and couldn't even stop QPR from taking him off us. :lol:

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic