The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

" I fully expect plenty more tight fistedness this window and we'll land a bunch of players that no one else has interest in and hope they can do something. "

Spot on mate if we wanted we should have been able to make both Ings & Austin offers they couldn't refuse. There's supposed to be £34 million from last year before we start on the "war chest"

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

"Hello there Lee it's Tony 'ere speak to me, already got bids in from Liverpool and that so what's the bidding?"

"erm... Liverpool eh? hmm well... erm... how about nine million quid? how's that grabbing you?"

"Come off it Lee, Liverpool have already hoyed a 12m offer our way, you've got to do better than that!"

"erm... nah, we wont be bullied... erm so errrrm... nine million quid final offer"

"Fuck off penfold, is Steve about? or even Mike?"

"erm... they put me in charge... how about seven million quid?"

"How the fuck are you lot in the Premier League?" *click*

"erm... well... erm what about five million?... erm... Tony? you there?.... ahh erm... I think he put the phone down... oh look at the time.... 9.05am eh late day"

"Hello there Lee it's Tony 'ere speak to me, already got bids in from Liverpool and that so what's the bidding?"

"erm... Liverpool eh? hmm well... erm... how about nine million quid? how's that grabbing you?"

"Come off it Lee, Liverpool have already hoyed a 12m offer our way, you've got to do better than that!"

"erm... nah, we wont be bullied... erm so errrrm... nine million quid final offer"

"erm... they put me in charge... how about seven million quid?"

"erm... well... erm what about five million?... erm... Tony? you there?.... ahh erm... I think he put the phone down... oh look at the time.... 9.05am eh late day"

Sad thing is thats probably just the way it goes.

Usual shite will happen, leak fake interest in players to create a facade that they want to spend money. Then bring a load of shite in at the last minute saying they couldn't get the main targets over the line. It will be the same until a new owner comes in, regardless of what is said in the media.

"erm... Liverpool eh? hmm well that's tricky, not sure we can compete with their financial clout... erm... how about nine million quid? I think in the current financial climate of uncertainty that that is a good price for a player trade?"

"I'm not sure that the Liverpool offer is a very prudent offer what with the financial fair play system in place, think they might regret that bid when hey run out of hankies to wipe their noses."

"erm... they put me in charge... how about seven million quid. Plus another two on top when he joins a CL club for £25M after a year with us?"

AHP

"erm... Liverpool eh? hmm well that's tricky, not sure we can compete with their financial clout... erm... how about nine million quid? I think in the current financial climate of uncertainty that that is a good price for a player trade?"
"I'm not sure that the Liverpool offer is a very prudent offer what with the financial fair play system in place, think they might regret that bid when hey run out of hankies to wipe their noses."
"erm... they put me in charge... how about seven million quid. Plus another two on top when he joins a CL club for £25M after a year with us?"
AHP

:lol: Aye that's the one.

Usual shite will happen, leak fake interest in players to create a facade that they want to spend money. Then bring a load of shite in at the last minute saying they couldn't get the main targets over the line. It will be the same until a new owner comes in, regardless of what is said in the media.

NooOOOOooooohhhhhhhhoooOOOOooHHHHhahhhaghhhhh!!! :lol:

Saints to swoop for Juanmi

Southampton are set to sign Spain striker Juanmi for just £5million after agreeing to meet his release clause.

The 22-year-old forward, who can also play behind the striker or out wide, came through the youth system at La Rosaleda and made his debut for the club at just 16.

Personal terms had already been agreed between the two clubs when David Moyes’ and Real Sociedad attempted to hijack the deal, but the youngster is keen to honour his agreement with the south coast club and become their first signing of the summer.

The £5million fee represents another bargain in the transfer market for Saints, after a season where Juanmi made his full Spain debut. He is expected to provide an alternative option up front to the more physical Graziano Pelle, who tailed off badly after a strong start at St. Mary’s.

Edited by The Fish

It's in black, Fish. It's in black and we can't read it. this just isn't good enough, Fish.

:dunno: I blame Ant.

I'm copying and pasting from the BBC (who he's clearly got issue with, what with it being a constant reminder of our imperialist oppression and all that)

If it was from RTE, he'd have made sure that a free slice of Lemon sponge was delivered to whomever posted it. the IRA sympathising, computer virus-pushin,g walrus of love.

Edited by The Fish

:dunno: I blame Ant.

I'm copying and pasting from the BBC (who he's clearly got issue with, what with it being a constant reminder of our imperialist oppression and all that)

If it was from RTE, he'd have made sure that a free slice of Lemon sponge was delivered to whomever posted it. the IRA sympathising, computer virus-pushin,g walrus of love.

Just paste it onto notepad, copy it again, then post here. Takes two seconds. :good:

(Not just the geeks who know the tech stuff. Sniff.) :whistling:

Just paste it onto notepad, copy it again, then post here. Takes two seconds. :good:

(Not just the geeks who know the tech stuff. Sniff.) :whistling:

Nah, easier than that mate, I've just got to try to remember to right click & "paste as plain text" instead, takes no seconds.

(It is just the geeks who know the tech stuff :cuppa: )

40m gross, perhaps. A fiscally neutral net spend wouldn't surprise me.

Though saying that, I don't think our entire squad is worth 40m

tumblr_nimjtmtcun1tq4of6o1_500.gif

I think they would like to do this but there's enough people holding off on renewing their tickets that they will have to do something concrete to try and convince them.

Seriously though I do think we will see some movement quite quickly because as the letter from Mr Tickle shows, there is clearly a concern from the club that tickets won't be sold. A lot of people aren't going to renew until they see club's talk backed up with action.

I still think that chances are we'll not be doing enough to give us a squad worthy of the name but I do think they feel a bit backed into a corner so they will pull out a reasonable signing sooner rather than later,

Totally agree. I think they know they need to start making some signings else season tickets are going to gather dust. 25K people at £600 a pop is likely half of the transfer "wor" chest

I think they would like to do this but there's enough people holding off on renewing their tickets that they will have to do something concrete to try and convince them.

I hope your right but their track record doesn't fill me with much optimism to be honest. The model to live by for me is what Chelsea did last season, do your business early and get the team settled and ready to go a month before the season starts. This lot will huff and puff all summer with little to no solid signings.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic