The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Bas Dost & Austin still both being heavily linked.

Be staggered if we got both, so could this actually be 2 viable options that we're pursuing, instead of having no Plan B?

Or is this just paper horseshit?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In past summers we've been linked with all sorts of players whilst Penfold lowballs and we work our way onto our 3rd or 4th choices like Riviere. I hope if theyre serious they'll go in now with credible offers

Dost is rubbish anywyay.

I'm definitely more this side of the seesaw than the other. People probably more excited by his unusual name than anything else.

Bas Dost & Austin still both being heavily linked.

Be staggered if we got both, so could this actually be 2 viable options that we're pursuing, instead of having no Plan B?

Or is this just paper horseshit?

The hope I'm clinging to is the Simon Bird story from last week saying the Austin deal was "done". He's usually a fairly reliable North East based journo and I find it hard to believe he would go to print with such a firm story without having heard an agreement was in place.

I'm inclined to think the sane course of action would be to ignore the press till someones actually signed

It looks like they had a chat with Austin's people and probably offered some teaser trailer. These are all emasculated males that are supposedly running our club...Probably cower when you raise your hand for another round. :lol: Our only hope is that ginge has some clue about who to get in.

The hope I'm clinging to is the Simon Bird story from last week saying the Austin deal was "done". He's usually a fairly reliable North East based journo and I find it hard to believe he would go to print with such a firm story without having heard an agreement was in place.

Well, bear in mind he work for the only paper to get the exclusive sit down with McClaren.

Austin, Das boot and that West Brom chap that begins with B

Dost is the most likely. I reckon him and some unknown (or Mitrovic) and 'talk' about others will be enough for season ticket week.

Edited by Park Life

Yeah that would be unheard of. Weird that Liverpool and Chelsea are expressing interest in a player that has already "done" a deal with us. I mean that just seems rude.

:lol:

It was a done deal where the fee hadn't been agreed, we wont be signing Austin. I think they were interested but yet again have found the negotiations a bit rich for their blood and will be outbid as they seem to have not noticed that an English striker that has coming off the back of a good season is a sellers market. Them Moncur quotes are fun to read, much more like the absolute fucking shite we are used to hearing from the club.

:lol:

It was a done deal where the fee hadn't been agreed, we wont be signing Austin. I think they were interested but yet again have found the negotiations a bit rich for their blood and will be outbid as they seem to have not noticed that an English striker that has coming off the back of a good season is a sellers market. Them Moncur quotes are fun to read, much more like the absolute fucking shite we are used to hearing from the club.

Every time I read about this, our offer seems to have gone down, and their demands seem to have gone up. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with someone off them, at a reasonable price as a thank you for driving Austin's price up for Liverpool or whomever he ends up at.

Dost is the most likely. I reckon him and some unknown and 'talk' about others will be enough for season ticket week.

They need at least one biggy in today / tomorrow. Austin would be the one to boost ST sales.

As you'd expect I know nothing about Dost but having just watched his 4 goals against Leverkusen, I like the look of the goals he took. Nice scrappy all out get on the end of things.

Who would you compare him to?

They need at least one biggy in today / tomorrow. Austin would be the one to boost ST sales.

As you'd expect I know nothing about Dost but having just watched his 4 goals against Leverkusen, I like the look of the goals he took. Nice scrappy all out get on the end of things.

Who would you compare him to?

Crouch without the finesse.

1/4 of his goals for Heerenveen were pens.

Edited by Park Life

According to that Chronicle article we're offering 9mil for Austin. That's a joke offer. The club are taking the piss again. Of course this isn't surprising to anyone here. Except Dave.

According to that Chronicle article we're offering 9mil for Austin. That's a joke offer. The club are taking the piss again. Of course this isn't surprising to anyone here. Except Dave.

:lol: simply saying things doesn't make them true.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/34955-summer-transfers/page-155#entry1345649

Edited by The Fish

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic