The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linked with Sam Byram. He would be a good buy, could replace Obertan and also offer cover if Janmaat gets injured

Sadly I think Squidward and Tiote have been given a reprieve from the transfer list because of their previous association with Schteve.

Haidara suffered from a distinct lack of help from huge head playing in front of him and imho he'd probably make a better winger than LB but another CB and a winger has to be a higher priority than another LB.

Sadly I think Squidward and Tiote have been given a reprieve from the transfer list because of their previous association with Schteve.

Haidara suffered from a distinct lack of help from huge head playing in front of him and imho he'd probably make a better winger than LB but another CB and a winger has to be a higher priority than another LB.

CB, sure, but I think we're more stocked on the wing than we are at LB.

CB, sure, but I think we're more stocked on the wing than we are at LB.

LB - Haidara, Dummett, Colback or Anita.

LW - Cabella, Aarons, at a push Perez but that would be criminal

Squidward, Gouffran and Marveaux would be better in the Villandry Amateur Theatre company's next production of Le Magicien d'Oz than our squad.

LB - Haidara, Dummett, Colback or Anita.

LW - Cabella, Aarons, at a push Perez but that would be criminal

Squidward, Gouffran and Marveaux would be better in the Villandry Amateur Theatre company's next production of Le Magicien d'Oz than our squad.

So, 1 actual leftback and 3 players out of position then?

So, 1 actual leftback and 3 players out of position then?

See you logged in with your comedy account again.

Two LBs and out of those that can play LW only one has a left foot they can kick with.

See you logged in with your comedy account again.

Two LBs and out of those that can play LW only one has a left foot they can kick with.

Dummet is a centre back.

And the point is that we have 1 (one) Left back and options for the left wing, so the latter is further down the list, imo.

Dummet is a centre back.

And the point is that we have 1 (one) Left back and options for the left wing, so the latter is further down the list, imo.

He's not clasified by the club as a CB, so your point is moot.

Again.

He's not clasified by the club as a CB, so your point is moot.

Again.

No it's not you dippy Skippy. We've some options on the left and less (be it 1 or 2) at Leftback.

:lol:

Your point was that getting a left winger was more of a priority than getting a left back. But way to steer the conversation away from me proving you wrong.

Kudos

I would guess Dummett's played more at LB than in any other position.

Micah Richards has probably played more games at right back than in the centre :dunno:

:lol:

Your point was that getting a left winger was more of a priority than getting a left back. But way to steer the conversation away from me proving you wrong.

Kudos

See that's how comedy is performed ;-)

Either way Davey boy, we're average in both departments and we will be stuck with what we have for another season.

*sorry cannot type for shite this evening.

Edited by sammynb

See that's how comedy is performed ;-)

Either Daey boy, we're average in both departments and we will be stuck with what we have for another season.

I graciously accept your apology.

Micah Richards has probably played more games at right back than in the centre :dunno:

Which is why it's easy to argue both are utility defenders who can play in either position.

Which is why it's easy to argue both are utility defenders who can play in either position.

Wasn't it widely accepted that Dummett was much better at CB, so much so that people (including me) see it as his natural position and his games at Left Back were a symptom of a small squad?

Wasn't it widely accepted that Dummett was much better at CB, so much so that people (including me) see it as his natural position and his games at Left Back were a symptom of a small squad?

Bang average in both positions and probably a bit better at CB would be more like it.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic