The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever lost an argument? We are in the presence of true genius.

Plenty of times and I'm happy to admit it when I do.

Usually though, people give up before they can land the knockout blow.

In your position you probably need to

Well Sammy's been safely put away and now you admit that Dummett is better at CB than he is at LB. All in all a successful day.

;)

Plenty of times and I'm happy to admit it when I do.

Usually though, people give up before they can land the knockout blow.

They give up breathing.

Well Sammy's been safely put away and now you admit that Dummett is better at CB than he is at LB. All in all a successful day.

;)

Fuck off, unlike you I'm actually working, even if it is 0038 in the morning.

I literally can't fathom how an argument was sustained about Paul Dummett when the answer is that he's clearly rubbish in both positions

Actually the argument was that we need to sign a decent winger before we sign a LB but as DK can attest to the Geordie Fish likes to argue.

We need to sign a left back and two new wingers, plus another centre back - if only to ensure Williamson never plays again.

We'll probably end up with no one, or another midfielder we dont need with a good resale potential.

I agree with Fish that a new LB is more important than a winger.

I mean, a winger is more likely to be the wide man in a 3 up front, and there's plenty of competition for places there.

Even if Williamson goes, we'll have four centre backs. Five, if you include Dummett. No chance another one comes in. I think we're more likely to see a left back or a winger.

Hopefully, aye. I am worried it'll be "promising" players like Ivan Toney, rather than players who can actually compete with Haidara and our wide forwards for a 1st team spot.

Santon could defend when he wanted to, problem was for a long time here he couldn't be bothered. New manager coming in would have foreseeably been the kick start he needed.

I always thought he was a right back. Problem was, we needed a left back. I know he could play there but, despite the patter when he arrived, he was definitely more comfortable on his right.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic