The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been best at cutting in from the right ala Robben. (Not saying he's as good obviously)

When I saw he was left footed I presumed he'd replace the right footed Obertan on the left in the current line up. Unless we're selling the right footed Sissoko who is playing on the right hand side to replace him with the left footed Thauvin who can, as you say, play on the right. Amirite? :unsure:

When I saw he was left footed I presumed he'd replace the right footed Obertan on the left in the current line up. Unless we're selling the right footed Sissoko who is playing on the right hand side to replace him with the left footed Thauvin who can, as you say, play on the right. Amirite? :unsure:

I can see Sissoko going like. And I'm not arsed about that after seeing another gutless (non)performance from him on Saturday. He has all of the physical attributes to be a monster in the middle of the part but he has a heart the size of a pea. If we could get £15m from someone for him I'd snap their hands off.

Too much shite in the squad to shift before the transfer window closes.Was McClaren not aware before he came of the shite players we have on the books.He's known for months we wanted him as manager.

Glenn Murray at Palace would do a job for us because we've clearly signed a striker who will be shown at least one red card before santa comes.

iirc McLaren said it would take 3 transfer windows to build a decent team. I'm fairly sure that's because some of the useless dead wood wont go until their contracts are up.

I think that's fair enough so long as there's some indication the team's moving in the right direction. He needs that to take a bit of pressure off himself. I think he'll be given time though, barring utter disaster. When you think how much time Pardew got I hope he's afforded that at the very least.

Overall the signings we made have been very good especially since I feel like it's a good compromise in the way Ashley likes to do things and what Newcastle needed to do. We bought young talented players with a lot of potential they can help the team in the present and be sold for a lot of money (if they fulfill their potential) in the future it's a win win for both sides. As for thauvin I like the signing we obviously need to improve defense but are wing play was weak as well. Hopefully we bring in aymen abdennour I would also love a LB but don't see that happening unless we sell all our dead weight.

The signings haven't been particularly bad, there just hasn't been enough of them and the tactics Stevie Mac used on Saturday were all wrong.

We aren't good enough defensively to sit back and allow teams to play and try and break us down, we have the players in the squad to take the game to opponents and that is what we need to do. If we'd got a hold of the ball and tried to play from the kick off at Swansea it would have been a totally different game, instead we went out with a shit formation and specific instructions to sit deep. Cisse, Sissoko, Wijaldnum, Obertan. These aren't defensive players, they are at their best going forward otherwise they might aswell be on the bench. As seen in the Pardew era Sissoko went missing for long spells as he doesn't want to know playing in that formation. You could see it on his face when he was subbed, as if to say "Not this shit again".

Hopefully wherever he goes he gets played in the right position. He was a capable player when he arrived, but doesn't know what he's supposed to do on the pitch anymore.

Don't think he was ever going to be a PL player tbh. Couldn't cope with the pace or physicality of the game. Some nice flashes but even in those games where he made things happen he went missing far too much. And then there's the injuries on top of that.

Means fuck all of we don't sign more defenders sharpish

So you don't think we should give McLaren any time to improve the players he inherited?....you're presumably talking about 3/4 new defenders?...how long do you want to give that to work?

Mehdi Abeid is in Athens for a medical with Panathinaikos.....tiny bit disappointed with that to say the least :cuppa:

Fucking joke to be fair, get him fit and he is twice the player Colback is. We take one step forward and three back. We've spent that money and still the defence is shite.

The lad started a handful of games for us yet you can confidently say that he's twice the player Colback is? There's a reason that successive managers haven't fancied him.

He's stronger, quicker, uses the ball better. Colback is a nothing player. Picks the ball up, then lays it off. That is it, even his set pieces are poor. Up against an athletic Centre Midfielder he is out of his depth. And that is the heartbeat of the team, perfect example was the weekend. Shelvey put himself about and Colback went missing, barely touched the ball.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic