Arsenal v Newcastle

trophyshy

It's a sad state of affairs, but getting beat off Cardiff will probably mean us finishing 11th and Pardew getting the sack. I'm all for it

That's the thing, should beating Cardiff and scraping to 10th and meeting our target be enough to paper over the cracks? Anyone with any sense shouldn't be fooled by that and should look at the capitulation over the second half of the season and ask themselves whether that's good enough.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look lads I hate to piss on anyones parade but all this talk of Pardew being sacked is nonsense. Ashley's had plenty of ammunition 2 derby defeats, 6 consecutive defeats, the headbutt incident, 3 goals at St James Park in 2014, etc etc. The list goes on & on even if we finish 11th it wont matter that much in fact it will save Ashley a few quid. Any other manager would have been down the road long ago that's why I think we're stuck with Pardew until Ashley's had enough of us.

Bedsheets getting a good airing tonight

Seems like Pardew is goung to get all the blame for the players lack of effort for your club again

:lol:

At least the one bedsheet I saw was clean, unlike yours I'd imagine. They reckon your bedsheet is like plywood.

:) (I know you like that smilie, here have another one :) )

I'd be very surprised if he isn't here come the start of the season. He's doing everything Ashley wants and he's keeping his mouth shut while he does it.

That may be true, but it's difficult to foresee a massive swing in the players belief in the manager next season, even with the addition of three or so players. Therefore hanging on to him could foreseeably risk relegation, the one thing that could provide motivation for Ashley.

That may be true, but it's difficult to foresee a massive swing in the players belief in the manager next season, even with the addition of three or so players. Therefore hanging on to him could foreseeably risk relegation, the one thing that could provide motivation for Ashley.

No chance of 3 additions we've been told 2 signings per year (both windows together).

We only have 5 points more than last season iirc. I am shocked if that's considered enough improvement after the end of season "showdown talks" they had last season, I know this is Ashley but anyway they look at it Pardew really should be gone. He even sounds like a bloke about to lose his job now.

You have to ask: Why didn’t Neville and Carragher have the answers and a game plan for Newcastle BEFORE the game?

Anyone can tell us where we’ve gone wrong afterwards.

:lol: Moncur wants to ban all post-match analysis. Unless you're an ex-manager.