Ayoze Pérez

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

How is he sitting on the bench while that buffoon Riviere starts every game?

Absolutely baffling.

One theory is that young Perez is absolutely knackered and needs a rest. A more cynical theory is that Riviere cost a lot more money so Carver needs to play him in the hope he comes good and preserves his value Edited by Kitman

Tbf while he's done really well, he does struggle up front on his own (especially when the service he gets are forty yard punts from Williamson). I can see the reasoning for playing Riviere in that role ahead of him even though he can't hit a barn door. I would certainly prefer to see Perez played alongside him though in preference to the completely useless Gouffran or played deeper in place of Sammy or Obertan who are also both pretty useless.

His form has certainly dipped a bit recently so I think they have been looking to rest him a bit to help him out.

The kid is 21, he should be able to play 3 games a week. "Giving him a rest" is total bollocks. There's no doubt he will say the same. As for his form, he's barely played in two months so you can't bring that into it.

He's played in every game except Leicester since the turn of the year and started most of them. And it's a massive jump from the physical (and mental) demands of the Spanish second division to the Premier League. He's definitely looked a bit jaded to me recently but then again who hasn't. I do believe they are trying to protect him to an extent. I also believe our coaches don't have a fucking clue when it comes to setting out a team so that will be a part of it too.

Well quite possibly. For his own sake he'd be right to move on rather than stay while we twat high balls up to him and do fuck knows what in training.

I see from Carvers comments in that article, that he's certainly taken some notes from Pardew. "I took him out of the firing line and I was right to do so." What a cock!

See I'd rather be playing Perez and Sammy up front than having Gouffran, Rivière or him in his own.

Or how about Sissoko Colback and Jonas in the centre, with Cabella, Perez and Armstrong ahead? The latter 3 are all willing runners...

See I'd rather be playing Perez and Sammy up front than having Gouffran, Rivière or him in his own.

Or how about Sissoko Colback and Jonas in the centre, with Cabella, Perez and Armstrong ahead? The latter 3 are all willing runners...

None of those options allow us to play the game we like to play (ie the striker only gets a pass if it's punted from the defence).

Armstrong got a run out against Burnley and we continued to hump the ball to him. He's a fucking Hobbit and you'd think he was Jan Koller the way were playing to him.

I honestly don't believe our coaches have the ability to get get us to play in a way in which we can accomodate a forward line with no physical prensence. That's why we need Riviere to produce something.

None of those options allow us to play the game we like to play (ie the striker only gets a pass if it's punted from the defence).

Armstrong got a run out against Burnley and we continued to hump the ball to him. He's a fucking Hobbit and you'd think he was Jan Koller the way were playing to him.

I honestly don't believe our coaches have the ability to get get us to play in a way in which we can accomodate a forward line with no physical prensence. That's why we need Riviere to produce something.

I agree that if Carver keeps playing a high-ball style the ball will simply bounce straight back, but what if we draw them higher and aim to drop the ball in behind them instead?

I'm talking about the mackem game of course, the Arsenal game is a write off. They'll dominate possession as is their want, but we've neither the defence to remain resolute, nor the strikers to clinically put away the one or two chances we may benefit from.

I agree that if Carver keeps playing a high-ball style the ball will simply bounce straight back, but what if we draw them higher and aim to drop the ball in behind them instead?

I'm talking about the mackem game of course, the Arsenal game is a write off. They'll dominate possession as is their want, but we've neither the defence to remain resolute, nor the strikers to clinically put away the one or two chances we may benefit from.

I refer you to my earlier statement, our coaches aren't good enough. In the time they've been there (and I'm including as assistants to Pardew), they've never come up with any discernable plan to effectively utilise our more tricky, less physical attackers. Don't expect them to start now!

True enough, just pointing out that there are other options and how depressing it is that a you can get more footballing sense from a balding posh cunt in a blazer from Seaton Sluice, than you can the collective experience & qualifications of the Newcastle United coaching staff...

Well quite possibly. For his own sake he'd be right to move on rather than stay while we twat high balls up to him and do fuck knows what in training.

I see from Carvers comments in that article, that he's certainly taken some notes from Pardew. "I took him out of the firing line and I was right to do so." What a cock!

Yeah the results back that up John, you utter fuckwhistle.

Yep. Perez has done enough to show his quality. So now we can sell him.

Don't worry though iron lung is back in training.

He's not done enough to go for that much though... At the end of the day what are we likely to get for him now? £6mil? £7m? If we were actually fucking playing him he might be worth twice that.

• 6 months later...