Earth.

wolfy

The Fish, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

It's a yes or no question Wolfy.

Is an all encompassing lie with all the necessary complexities and cronies more logical than you being wrong and delusional?

Yes

Or

No

Yes.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if air pressure is less at altitude, we should weigh less at altitude. A set of scales and a barometer will show this is blatantly untrue. (Actually we do weigh very slightly less because of increased distance from Earth's centre of gravity but this is magnitudes less than the drop in pressure). Simple versionfiable empirical evidence to show wolfy is talking bullshit. Have a look at some photos taken on top of Everest, the horizon is clearly curved. So mountaineers are now in on it. :D

I know this is a waste of time but I'm not stopping until wolfy gives an explanation as to why he's renegaded on an honourable bet. Someone quote me in case he can't handle the truth and I'm on ignore.

Why?

That has nothing to do with your explanation of weight.

Weight is a man made measurement of mass/density of any material/element. The heavier the weight is determined by how much atmosphere the element can displace. If it's super dense it means that trapped atmospheric molecules inside of the element are few.

To make it easier for you to understand, weigh a sponge and a gold bar of the same size. Naturally the gold bar weighs heavy and the sponge weighs next to nothing. This is because the sponge is mainly part of that atmospher and displaces virtually none.

Compress that sponge as much as possible and you would probably end up with a dense tiny grain like material which shows you how much atmospheric pressure it's dosplacing. The gold bar cannot be compressed much more, if any than it already is, so it displaces it's own area against the atmospheric pressure above and around it.

No pressure, no measurement of weight. Simple as that.

I've already told you why.

Humour me.

How is a vastly complex, all encompassing lie that has somehow managed to remain undiscovered for over a thousand years more logical than one man being wrong?

Renton, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

So if air pressure is less at altitude, we should weigh less at altitude. A set of scales and a barometer will show this is blatantly untrue. (Actually we do weigh very slightly less because of increased distance from Earth's centre of gravity but this is magnitudes less than the drop in pressure). Simple versionfiable empirical evidence to show wolfy is talking bullshit. Have a look at some photos taken on top of Everest, the horizon is clearly curved. So mountaineers are now in on it. :D

At altitude your body would expand making your surface area equal the pressure, until you simply exploded. Go and watch a ballon inflate in an evacuation chaber and you will see what I mean.

If you took a gold bar to altitude, it would weigh less because it won't expand to fit its surroundings, in terms of heights like everest and such.

You cannot see the curvature or Earth from a mountain or anywhere else. It's simply not possible.

Why do different metal balls of different weights (e.g. aluminum, lead) fall to ground at the same rate if this notion of air pressure is involved? Etc....

It wouldn't surprise me if wolfy is unaware of this mind considering his apparent blindness.

Don't listen to these naysayers Wolfy, every true visionary has their detractors.

However, before I become St. Paul to your Jeebus, there's a few things I'm not sure of.

1) you say the sun is at the centre of the earth- where exactly?

Is it sitting on the surface, in the middle? Is it half submerged, like a coy

Meerkat?

Or is it fully buried, sitting way down underneath converting hydrogens into atmosphere particles?

( the answer to the above determines which of these you need to explain)

2) if the sun is exposed, shining it's shiny shit out unfettered, how do we get nights? Is there something like a pool cover that gets pulled over it?

If it's underground, how does it's light get out to fill us with melanoma's? Are there big sun holes, letting it all out, and if so, why has no one photographed/seen/reported them?

3)If the "sun" and "moon" are reflections of our presumably static sun at the earths centre, how and why do they move across the sky?

4) if the moon is just a reflection, what causes the tides?

5)what causes seasons, and why do we have summer whilst it's winter elsewhere?

That'll do for now, answer me these and I'll be off to Aldi to stock up on tinfoil.

Oops, one more.....

6) if things are heavier the denser they are, how come your legs haven't snapped under the strain?

At altitude your body would expand making your surface area equal the pressure, until you simply exploded. Go and watch a ballon inflate in an evacuation chaber and you will see what I mean.

If you took a gold bar to altitude, it would weigh less because it won't expand to fit its surroundings, in terms of heights like everest and such.

You cannot see the curvature or Earth from a mountain or anywhere else. It's simply not possible.

The last point, yes you simply can. Have you been on a plane wolfy? Have you looked out the window? It's that simple. The horizon is clearly and unmistakably curved. You're going to have to build that fact into your theory.

Of course, high altitude planes like Concorde famously showed the effect with even greater clarity. As do weather balloons, which you used to believe in but now apparently don't.

Humour me.

How is a vastly complex, all encompassing lie that has somehow managed to remain undiscovered for over a thousand years more logical than one man being wrong?

It worked with religion, right?

How many did it take to get people where they are today ? It's ok saying, that's not an argument...but it is. People have beliefs today in their billions, all from the past and it's as strong as ever. How many people did it take to start this off or can we say that it was all real then and that their gods showed themselves all those thousands of years ago and not today, so people have to just accept it on faith value.

Aren't you all just accepting this space stuff on face value?

One boy can cry wolf. One mouth can create pandemonium. One liar can spawn a mass of gossiping followers to that lie. All people that have a belief in something do not have to be liars. they could be the most honest people walking, that simply latched onto a belief.

Humans have a need to feel like their lives have some meaning. A god provides that for many, because heaven is waiting or hell if your bad. It's a control of the masses, just like indoctrinated schooling is a control of your mind.

Humans are naturally gullible. Very few will admit to it. The truth is, we all are, including me. It's just a case of waking up to a lot of it.

If you can question one thing, you can question all things, or you can simply not question anything and just accept what's told.

It worked with religion, right?

How many did it take to get people where they are today ? It's ok saying, that's not an argument...but it is. People have beliefs today in their billions, all from the past and it's as strong as ever. How many people did it take to start this off or can we say that it was all real then and that their gods showed themselves all those thousands of years ago and not today, so people have to just accept it on faith value.

Aren't you all just accepting this space stuff on face value?

One boy can cry wolf. One mouth can create pandemonium. One liar can spawn a mass of gossiping followers to that lie. All people that have a belief in something do not have to be liars. they could be the most honest people walking, that simply latched onto a belief.

Humans have a need to feel like their lives have some meaning. A god provides that for many, because heaven is waiting or hell if your bad. It's a control of the masses, just like indoctrinated schooling is a control of your mind.

Humans are naturally gullible. Very few will admit to it. The truth is, we all are, including me. It's just a case of waking up to a lot of it.

If you can question one thing, you can question all things, or you can simply not question anything and just accept what's told.

What is it about your past which makes you want to rub it all out and start again?

Why can't you be wrong what happened where you weren't believed and it hurt you so much you have to be believed now?

Why can't you explain things rationally and then when given proof of holes in your theory why can't you re evaluate?

You have to be totally right which is why you are wrong. All scientists with far fetching theories accept criticism and when evidence is produced they re evaluate those theories which evolve. You don't you cannot accept anything you say is wrong. This is a bit disturbing.

No. It's not like religion at all. Also I'm atheist so using religion as an argument against me is weird.

One man against the entire history of science, much of which has been physically verified. It's not logical Wolfy and deep down, you know it.

In this argument you're religion Wolfy. You're dismissing evidence and asking people to take something on faith.

Don't listen to these naysayers Wolfy, every true visionary has their detractors.

However, before I become St. Paul to your Jeebus, there's a few things I'm not sure of.

1) you say the sun is at the centre of the earth- where exactly?

Is it sitting on the surface, in the middle? Is it half submerged, like a coy

Meerkat?

Probably quite far down. How far exactly I don't know.

Or is it fully buried, sitting way down underneath converting hydrogens into atmosphere particles?

( the answer to the above determines which of these you need to explain)

It's a sort of carbon of some description that is consuming atmosphere under super friction.

2) if the sun is exposed, shining it's shiny shit out unfettered, how do we get nights? Is there something like a pool cover that gets pulled over it?

If it's underground, how does it's light get out to fill us with melanoma's? Are there big sun holes, letting it all out, and if so, why has no one photographed/seen/reported them?

The sun is covered by crystal that we know as precious stones, except these crystals are huge above it which creates a prism effect into the sky at angles from the centre in various wavelengths that make up the colours that we see, plus the ultra violets and infra reds that we don't, which is what we feel as heat.

It's moving up and down as it gains and loses energy.

3)If the "sun" and "moon" are reflections of our presumably static sun at the earths centre, how and why do they move across the sky?

As the sun is gaining and losing energy, it is altering it's wavelengths through the crystals making it move over the Earth.

4) if the moon is just a reflection, what causes the tides?

The energy from the sun in the centre gaining and losing energy. It creeates lower and higher pressure as it does this.

It's not a coincidence that when the sun is high the moon is low and when the moon is high, the sun is low. It's because they are reflections at angles on the dome. The dome is a perfect mirror, because it's clear ice against the purest blackness to our eyes, which is a true vacuum that we cannot see into, only what reflects off the ice itself and refracts off it.

5)what causes seasons, and why do we have summer whilst it's winter elsewhere?

The seasons are caused by the energy gains and losses as I said above.

That'll do for now, answer me these and I'll be off to Aldi to stock up on tinfoil.

Oops, one more.....

6) if things are heavier the denser they are, how come your legs haven't snapped under the strain?

Because your body is designed to operate in the pressure you are in. You can't appreciate how strong your body actually is because you're only going against things that are under the same pressure.

Put you under water and push you deeper and deeper and you will understand that your body can't withstand the pressure because you weren't designed to be in that environment, yet a whale will be quite comfortable, because it's body is much more dense to ciunteract that pressure.

Put you on a mountain and you will feel weak, because your body isn't getting the dense air you need, which means it has to work harder to breathe in the more expanded air.

What is it about your past which makes you want to rub it all out and start again?

Why can't you be wrong what happened where you weren't believed and it hurt you so much you have to be believed now?

Why can't you explain things rationally and then when given proof of holes in your theory why can't you re evaluate?

You have to be totally right which is why you are wrong. All scientists with far fetching theories accept criticism and when evidence is produced they re evaluate those theories which evolve. You don't you cannot accept anything you say is wrong. This is a bit disturbing.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm giving out my thoughts which appear to you as me saying I'm right. It just saves me from saying " it could be...it might be...maybe...possibly.2 I'm simply tellin g you my take on it all. I'm not asking you to follow it, I'm simply asking people to have a think on stuff. Basically question some of the stuff that makes no rational sense.

If you don't want to do that then fine. Not all people want to just accept what's fed. Some have one question or two...or many.

The problem is. When you question one thing, you have to think about otehr things, which leads to others.

I'm of the mind to believe nothing and question everything, now. If it makes perfect sense then I'll accept it and not bother questioning it. If it doesn't, then I'll question it.

No. It's not like religion at all. Also I'm atheist so using religion as an argument against me is weird.

One man against the entire history of science, much of which has been physically verified. It's not logical Wolfy and deep down, you know it.

I'm not using religion as an argument against you. I'm using it as an explanation how the masses can be made to believe in something based on no evidence at all, except stories. That's not to say they are wrong or silly for doing that. It just means that all humans can and do accept things by those they feel they trust.

There's more than me that questions science, Fish and I'm not questioning ALL of science. Just the stuff that makes no logical sense and cannot be rationally explained without the use of magical made up names for forces and energies.

I'm just chatting and putting my thoughts. Shall I just go with the flow even though I don't agree with it?