Earth.

wolfy

Religion is a belief in the ethereal which has no real evidential provenance beyond stories and lessons.

Science is empirical.

Give me some physical examples of a global rotating Earth and space.

Tell me what the Higgs boson is.

What is warped space time?

How about black holes.

Special relativity.

Explain what gravity is.....nobody has given me an explanation yet.

Stories with movie like scripts, that's all I see, seriously.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't listen to these naysayers Wolfy, every true visionary has their detractors.However, before I become St. Paul to your Jeebus, there's a few things I'm not sure of.1) you say the sun is at the centre of the earth- where exactly?Is it sitting on the surface, in the middle? Is it half submerged, like a coyMeerkat?.......................Probably quite far down. How far exactly I don't know. Or is it fully buried, sitting way down underneath converting hydrogens into atmosphere particles?( the answer to the above determines which of these you need to explain) ...........It's a sort of carbon of some description that is consuming atmosphere under super friction. 2) if the sun is exposed, shining it's shiny shit out unfettered, how do we get nights? Is there something like a pool cover that gets pulled over it?If it's underground, how does it's light get out to fill us with melanoma's? Are there big sun holes, letting it all out, and if so, why has no one photographed/seen/reported them? The sun is covered by crystal that we know as precious stones, except these crystals are huge above it which creates a prism effect into the sky at angles from the centre in various wavelengths that make up the colours that we see, plus the ultra violets and infra reds that we don't, which is what we feel as heat.It's moving up and down as it gains and loses energy. 3)If the "sun" and "moon" are reflections of our presumably static sun at the earths centre, how and why do they move across the sky? As the sun is gaining and losing energy, it is altering it's wavelengths through the crystals making it move over the Earth. 4) if the moon is just a reflection, what causes the tides? The energy from the sun in the centre gaining and losing energy. It creeates lower and higher pressure as it does this. It's not a coincidence that when the sun is high the moon is low and when the moon is high, the sun is low. It's because they are reflections at angles on the dome. The dome is a perfect mirror, because it's clear ice against the purest blackness to our eyes, which is a true vacuum that we cannot see into, only what reflects off the ice itself and refracts off it. 5)what causes seasons, and why do we have summer whilst it's winter elsewhere? The seasons are caused by the energy gains and losses as I said above. That'll do for now, answer me these and I'll be off to Aldi to stock up on tinfoil.Oops, one more.....6) if things are heavier the denser they are, how come your legs haven't snapped under the strain? Because your body is designed to operate in the pressure you are in. You can't appreciate how strong your body actually is because you're only going against things that are under the same pressure.Put you under water and push you deeper and deeper and you will understand that your body can't withstand the pressure because you weren't designed to be in that environment, yet a whale will be quite comfortable, because it's body is much more dense to ciunteract that pressure.Put you on a mountain and you will feel weak, because your body isn't getting the dense air you need, which means it has to work harder to breathe in the more expanded air.

I think you entirely missed my point on 6).

As for the rest, this years Perrier Award is on it's way.

In this argument you're religion Wolfy. You're dismissing evidence and asking people to take something on faith.

No I'm not, fish. I'm not asking anyone to take anything on faith or anything else. I'm asking people to simply think.

I don't expect anyone to say, " ahhh wolfy, it all makes sense, you're right."

It takes a lot more than that. It requires thinking alternatively to what's been thrown to us all, all our lives. People only have to question one thing to start with. Ask themselves if some of this stuff makes sense. To me it looks like a lot of very clever nonsense.

Whether people deny this or whatever, the truth is, just about everyone has took this space stuff on face value. It's simply just accepted because the stories are well written and filled with complicated equations and formulas that people either get amazed by or simply say, "nah, I'll just accept this as legit, it's too brain numbing." It's meant to be so it's not questioned.

Amaze the public with the science and baffle them with the bull shit.

Renton, on 03 Jul 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Why do different metal balls of different weights (e.g. aluminum, lead) fall to ground at the same rate if this notion of air pressure is involved? Etc....

It wouldn't surprise me if wolfy is unaware of this mind considering his apparent blindness.

They don't fall to the ground at the same rate. This is a big con job that you should know is a con.

Yeah, dropping them from a roof top won't show much difference but a decent height certainly will.

The denser the object the more easily it displaces the air under it.

Edited by wolfy

It's simply just accepted because the stories are well written and filled with complicated equations and formulas that people either get amazed by or simply say, "nah, I'll just accept this as legit, it's too brain numbing."

...or understand.

No I'm not, fish. I'm not asking anyone to take anything on faith or anything else. I'm asking people to simply think.

I don't expect anyone to say, " ahhh wolfy, it all makes sense, you're right."

It takes a lot more than that. It requires thinking alternatively to what's been thrown to us all, all our lives. People only have to question one thing to start with. Ask themselves if some of this stuff makes sense. To me it looks like a lot of very clever nonsense.

Whether people deny this or whatever, the truth is, just about everyone has took this space stuff on face value. It's simply just accepted because the stories are well written and filled with complicated equations and formulas that people either get amazed by or simply say, "nah, I'll just accept this as legit, it's too brain numbing." It's meant to be so it's not questioned.

Amaze the public with the science and baffle them with the bull shit.

Are you aware of how patronising you come across on here, is it a deliberate ploy to facilitate long threads or something? As has been repeatedly said by Fish, just because a person accepts or understands the conventional scientific viewpoint of the world does not mean they have not thought about it. I've been fascinated by science since I was a kid, practice it for a living (just about) and, unlike you, understand a fair amount about it. And I've had direct experience in gathering empirical evidence to further theories, again, unlike you.

I wouldn't argue about relativity or quantum mechanics because, although I've read about those subjects, I am certainly no expert. But evidence the Earth is round and rotates? Howay, the evidence is obvious, you only have to open your eyes which you stubbornly refuse to do.

You are definitely either ill or on a bizarre windup. If it's the former I guess you should be left alone, if it's the latter - once again - you should honour our bet and leave. Do you even know which one you are?

They don't fall to the ground at the same rate. This is a big con job that you should know is a con.

Yeah, dropping them from a roof top won't show much difference but a decent height certainly will.

The denser the object the more easily it displaces the air under it.

:lol: On a wind up then. Please go away.

It's the most circular argument I've ever seen.

Tell me Wolfy, why haven't you tried to prove any of this? Should be fairly simple?

Are you aware of how patronising you come across on here, is it a deliberate ploy to facilitate long threads or something? As has been repeatedly said by Fish, just because a person accepts or understands the conventional scientific viewpoint of the world does not mean they have not thought about it. I've been fascinated by science since I was a kid, practice it for a living (just about) and, unlike you, understand a fair amount about it. And I've had direct experience in gathering empirical evidence to further theories, again, unlike you.

I wouldn't argue about relativity or quantum mechanics because, although I've read about those subjects, I am certainly no expert. But evidence the Earth is round and rotates? Howay, the evidence is obvious, you only have to open your eyes which you stubbornly refuse to do.

You are definitely either ill or on a bizarre windup. If it's the former I guess you should be left alone, if it's the latter - once again - you should honour our bet and leave. Do you even know which one you are?

If the evidence of a rotating globe is obvious, then show me how it's obvious and I might not be able to refute it. I haven't seen any evidence that nails it for me, maybe you can do it.

It's the most circular argument I've ever seen.

Tell me Wolfy, why haven't you tried to prove any of this? Should be fairly simple?

Prove it to who? I'm not under any impression that I'll be taken serious by the majority. Most people don't even take any notice of what we live on. they simply see a ball like marble on TV documentaries or at the start of films, in papers, etc and assume it's a ball.

Ask most people much more than that and you won't get many knowing even a small portion of any of it, because in their mind it's just a ball that we live on floating in space.

Mainstream science has it just about covered, so someone coming along disputing it will be laughed at. I'm simply putting my thoughts in a chat room and asking people if they have another take on things, that's all.

I'm newcastle fan on a Newcastle forum and this is the chat section to air our thoughts isn't it?

If the evidence of a rotating globe is obvious, then show me how it's obvious and I might not be able to refute it. I haven't seen any evidence that nails it for me, maybe you can do it.

But how can I do this when you fail to acknowledge the horizon is curved which becomes more apparent at increasing altitude? Or that the speed an object falls to Earth is not related to is mass? There is loads of simple empirical evidence out there available to anyone with an inquisitive mind, but you simply deny it.

Prove it to who?

The rest of the thinking world, if you're right it changes everything.

I'm not under any impression that I'll be taken serious by the majority.

Probably because you can't provide any evidence, even anecdotal, to support your claims.

Most people don't even take any notice of what we live on. they simply see a ball like marble on TV documentaries or at the start of films, in papers, etc and assume it's a ball.

Ask most people much more than that and you won't get many knowing even a small portion of any of it, because in their mind it's just a ball that we live on floating in space.

But you can't explain your theories beyond "it's just what I believe" despite it being your own theory. The general public may not be able to explain to satisfy your scrutiny, but that's because you require more than they can provide. It's been repeatedly said you can view the curvature of the earth with the naked eye, but you either ignore or dismiss this. You ask the general populous to have expert knowledge of this, but you don't even have that about the theories you've fabricated. Hypocrisy at its worst.

Mainstream science has it just about covered, so someone coming along disputing it will be laughed at. I'm simply putting my thoughts in a chat room and asking people if they have another take on things, that's all.

That would be fine if, when expert testimony is provided by, say, Rikko, you didn't dismiss their studies and their career. If I want to know something about Eurovision, I go to Meenzer, I don't then dismiss his answer because it doesn't fit with my world view. I'm happy to admit he knows more about that subject than I do and certainly wouldn't have the arrogance to dismiss it out of hand.

This is what you're doing, you're stating your opinion, but with any opinion that is so far from reality, you invite rebuttal. You do it to invite rebuttal. The more evidence is stacked against you, the happier you are because you can flee behind your "but that's just what you all have accepted because you've been told it" nonsense.

I'm newcastle fan on a Newcastle forum and this is the chat section to air our thoughts isn't it?

It is and if you cast a glance through things like the politics thread you'll see people who have utterly opposing views butting heads throughout the thread, the difference between that and this? Both sides can provide more than "well it's just my opinion so I needn't provide any evidence to support my outlandish claims". If CT claimed the Labour opposition was actually an Al Qaeda plot, we'd expect him to provide evidence. That's how discourse works. Simply plucking an idea out of the air and stating that it 100% is logical, is not discourse, it's lunacy.

Now, explain why a huge plot is more logical than one man being wrong.

Renton, on 03 Jul 2014 - 4:32 PM, said:

But how can I do this when you fail to acknowledge the horizon is curved which becomes more apparent at increasing altitude? Or that the speed an object falls to Earth is not related to is mass? There is loads of simple empirical evidence out there available to anyone with an inquisitive mind, but you simply deny it.

I deny it because it's not true. It's a big con job. Oh and you can't see the curvature of the Earth. If you believe you can then fair enough. I know you can't. Certain cameras can make things look both convex and concave as far as horizon goes.

Your horizon is straight and level and at eye level no matter where you view it from.

The speed of an object falling to Earth is related to it's mass and density. It is not being pulled by some fictional force called gravity.

I deny it because it's not true. It's a big con job. Oh and you can't see the curvature of the Earth. If you believe you can then fair enough. I know you can't. Certain cameras can make things look both convex and concave as far as horizon goes.

Your horizon is straight and level and at eye level no matter where you view it from.

The speed of an object falling to Earth is related to it's mass and density. It is not being pulled by some fictional force called gravity.

So literally every single person who has flown in a plane, a helicopter, a hot air balloon is wrong? Everyone who has been at the top of tall buildings with a far horizon in sight are wrong?

but you, you alone, only Wolfy, you are the only person out of all of those millions that is right?

Are you blind to this arrogance?

Now, explain why a huge plot is more logical than one man being wrong.

It's nothing to do with a huge plot being more logical than one man being wrong. I'm not the only person questioning things in this world.

If those in power want us to believe something, they can make us believe it, or at least they know the odds of it getting believed are firmly stacked in their favour, because people are gullible. We are all gullible no matter how much we want to big ourselves up and think we aren't.

Our lives are dictated by what we are told and it's as simple as that. Anything can be made up, even over centuries and followed on and it doesn't take too many people to keep up a ruse if it benefits them. All it takes is for people to follow it in a belief that what they're following is true, which people do.

It's nothing to do with a huge plot being more logical than one man being wrong. I'm not the only person questioning things in this world.

If those in power want us to believe something, they can make us believe it, or at least they know the odds of it getting believed are firmly stacked in their favour, because people are gullible. We are all gullible no matter how much we want to big ourselves up and think we aren't.

Our lives are dictated by what we are told and it's as simple as that. Anything can be made up, even over centuries and followed on and it doesn't take too many people to keep up a ruse if it benefits them. All it takes is for people to follow it in a belief that what they're following is true, which people do.

No, hang on. You said this Ice Dome was your idea and yours alone?

So literally every single person who has flown in a plane, a helicopter, a hot air balloon is wrong? Everyone who has been at the top of tall buildings with a far horizon in sight are wrong?

but you, you alone, only Wolfy, you are the only person out of all of those millions that is right?

Are you blind to this arrogance?

Everyone who has flown in a plane or helicopter is wrong about what? Do you think they use a globe for navigation or a flat map or codes on a screen? What are they wrong about. They follow a flight pattern to a destination given.

I'm not saying I'm right about it all. I know you can't see a curved horizon. It's looks level to your eye. If you want to believe it doesn't then that's ok with me. I'll just leave that up to anyone who wants to go and look. Go to the beach or in a plane and look out and see for yourselves people.

No, hang on. You said this Ice Dome was your idea and yours alone?

The ice dome is my idea in how I describe how it works. I don't see anyone with an exact one like it. I see someone who has a glass dome but i think that's concave. Mine is convex and made of frozen hydrogen/helium type elements.