Earth.

wolfy

Whatever, when you get a chance, check that BBC story out, and explain to me what it is, how 'they' got it published, and possible motives. There are literally thousands of video out there like it if you want to use a different example.

It's getting a bit tired now you constantly evading questions.

It's ok if you're getting tired. Just take a rest. Any more questions, just ask.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, who the fuck are they? Are you they? Am I they? Are they me? Are they you? Are they they?

Will somethey help me please?

Edited by Renton

It's easy to pick out a person or persons as nutters or unstable or whatever. All that it needs is for that person or persons to have a different outlook on things against the norm. It's understandable to be fair, because it's human nature and always has been.

I mean, let's face it - I'm putting my thoughts forward with no direct evidence against widespread mainstream views. It's a loop the loop kind of thing. Cranky. It's akin to the tramp with the sign proclaiming, "the end of the world is nigh."

I mean, pffft, me saying the world is not a rotating globe when it's as clear as day it's a globe and everyone walking about can see that, right? Gravity proves everything in space because all the planets are there and do what we are told they do, correct?

Spacecraft have went to the moon with men and to distant planets millions upon millions of miles away and sent photographs all the way back through space, into our atmosphere and right to the control centre where they download them, then show us the amazing close ups. It all seems feasible, right?

I mean, go and walk into a pub and sit at any table - then tell the people sat at that table that the Earth is not a globe and that it's sort of like a half sphere with an ice dome. You will be told to leave the table or ridiculed right there, or the people will slowly make their excuses and leave, after telling you it's a big marble like ball in space. They will tell you this, not because they are ex-astronauts or scientists - they will tell you this because that's what everyone knows and it's well documented in the media - films - documentaries and you name it.

Of course, you get your amateur astronomers who tell you about star constellations and the little blobs of light up in the sky. They can show you the great bear and all the other shapes from dotted stars. They can tell you all about the distances of many, because they've memorised it all and have little maps. What they are mapping is what's been told and seen by telescope, so they don't need to question it, as it's real to them.

Try telling them that they are reflections and they are not light years away stars as burning suns and they will argue and call you a crank. You can't blame them really.

Who wants to spend years memorising books about our Earth and universe; trying to figure out what string theory is and warped space time - gravity - special relativity - general relativity - speed of light - the big bang - Higgs boson and so on and so on, to be told that what they have spent years memorising, could be based on fiction or not quite what they thought?

No intelligent person is ever going to shove all of what they memorised to one side just because some potential nutter has questioned it all without evidence. You see, hypothetical thoughts by ordinary people do not count against hypothetical thoughts of trusted scientific geniuses, because their thoughts are classed as close to the reality, no matter what they come up with.

I don't expect anyone to take what I say even 1% remotely seriously. I know that some will look at stuff (those who are interested in stuff like this) and think, "hmmm, maybe it's possible that we aren't told the entire truth."

Whether people put that into type or simply prefer to just think on it without making themselves look silly on a forum, for others to simply brush it aside, is down to each individual and whether they can handle the jokey digs or put downs. I understand all that.

Normally when I put out my thoughts, it turns people into scientists. It actually makes people look for arguments against what I'm saying by actually brushing up on what they were told.

You see, like I said: most people know we live on a rotating globe that is a sort of bluey white with green and brown land mass. It's in our faces all of the time through TV, etc..

What most people don't fully know, is all the rest of the stuff that goes into making it what they say it is - and does.

Just in case anyone here wants a quick brush up as to how we are told Earth is in space - it's basically like this: We are told the Earth rotates at 1038 mph at the equator, then gradually less as you move towards the north or south poles.

We are tilted on a 23.5 degree axis as we hurtle around the sun at around 65,000 mph. We don't perfectly circle this sun, we move around it in an elliptical orbit, meaning we move closer to the sun as we go around it, then farther away as we come back around. How we do this is not up for question, we are told we do, so we do.

The sun is 93 million miles away - a big ball of fire in a vacuum. It is over 1 million km in diameter and we get our light and heat from it, through this vacuum, because the light/heat waves travel through this vacuum and hit our atmosphere, which agitates it. How the heat travels is down to radiated waves - somehow - that need no medium to travel through, apparently.

In this elliptical orbit of Earth around the sun, the sun actually comes closer to Earth by about 5 million km. Much hotter, right? Nope... it actually does this in December. Winter time. Why question what they tell us?

For all of the things that you see everyday, like the sun setting and rising, etc, the globe model has to fit what we see. The time spent fitting it all together has been long enough to iron out the flaws as time has went on, with people questioning the model. This is where stuff keeps getting made up to cater for it all, Like what I explained above.

If you study the globe model with a full on trust that it is what we are told, then you have no reason to think otherwise. If you study it and allow yourself to think about it, then explore other ideas, you might find it to be as nonsensical as I do.

The choice is entirely yours, of course. I'm just explaining why I don't follow the indoctrinated view of it all, considering I spent many many years of doing exactly that.

How can a solid rotating Earth drag the atmosphere with it? Think about it.

Realistically if this was the case, then a helicopter hovering in that atmosphere, the pilot should be watching the Earth move at about 1000 mph under it. If the atmosphere somehow sticks to the solid Earth and moves exactly with it, then why do clouds move in different directions?

Does it seem plausible to you lot that air will follow a solid exactly and any solid object that rises up from that solid, like a plane or helicopter is going to be exactly dragged with that air and solid and no effect will be on them?

This is supposed to be happening all the way to the edge of space, yet we are told the edge of space , there is no air pressure, so why don't these so called high altitude planes see the Earth passing under them at over 1000 mph....I mean, surely there's no air drag with the Earth against that, so what's making them follow a set pattern?

Wolfy - About 90% of what we're told is lies or spun, but the earth is more or less a globe.

Park life: You don't trust a lot of what's told, so tell me why you believe we live on a rotating globe. What makes you certain we do?

Realistically if this was the case, then a helicopter hovering in that atmosphere, the pilot should be watching the Earth move at about 1000 mph under it. If the atmosphere somehow sticks to the solid Earth and moves exactly with it, then why do clouds move in different directions?

Does it seem plausible to you lot that air will follow a solid exactly and any solid object that rises up from that solid, like a plane or helicopter is going to be exactly dragged with that air and solid and no effect will be on them?

This is supposed to be happening all the way to the edge of space, yet we are told the edge of space , there is no air pressure, so why don't these so called high altitude planes see the Earth passing under them at over 1000 mph....I mean, surely there's no air drag with the Earth against that, so what's making them follow a set pattern?

We hold onto an atomosphere because we have a molten magnetic core mate...And the mass of this core creates enough pull to hold onto an atmosphere - say unlike Mars which is a little too small and has a thin atmosphere.

Park life: You don't trust a lot of what's told, so tell me why you believe we live on a rotating globe. What makes you certain we do?

All indepentant data from the past few hundred years says so. :lol:

If you want to research something interesting and important look at why stock market crashes are very often in Oct/Nov and wars started in March/April....

We hold onto an atomosphere because we have a molten magnetic core mate...And the mass of this core creates enough pull to hold onto an atmosphere - say unlike Mars which is a little too small and has a thin atmosphere.

So the molten magnetic core manages to keep all the air pulling in one direction, yet allows clouds and air to move in other directions? It also manages to keep all the water/oceans from spilling off the ball, yet allows the moon to pull at those oceans to create tides, despite the moon having no atmosphere, we are told and no molten magnetic core.

I would have thought you for one would be seriously questioning this stuff mate.

You see, you seem to know that a lot of what we are told is spin and lies, yet you accept this molten iron core in the entre of a rotating sphere in a vacuum of space. It's worth, questioning this stuff, even if you do it as a mild thought on it.

How would you expect the atmosphere to behave, given:

- its been in equilibrium with the solid earth for billions of years.

- the angular velocity of the earth is not accelerating or decelerating (much).

- space is an almost perfect vacuum with no potential to cause friction.

You know all this though, its been explained to you dozens of times, probably on dozens of forums. You are either not intelligent enough to understand it or insane. Either way, you should honour your bet with me, the fact you won't reflects badly on you IMO.

You know all this though, its been explained to you dozens of times, probably on dozens of forums. You are either not intelligent enough to understand it or insane. Either way, you should honour your bet with me, the fact you won't reflects badly on you IMO.

:lol: "Honour my bet" is the new "when will YOU answer MY simple question?"

Renton, on 05 Jul 2014 - 3:37 PM, said:

Point one: how do you know it's been like this for billions of years. Just explain how you know this, please.

Point two: How do you know the angular velocity of the Earth is not accelerating or decelerating, much?

Point 3: If space is almost a perfect vacuum, then the Earth is dragging no atmosphere with it, as you say, as it's a vacuum. So having said that, can you tell me how Felix Baumgartner spent many hours getting to this almost vacuum, then jumped out and only landed 23 miles from his supposed lift off point ? If there's no air...which we all seen on "TV" that he fell at over 800 mph in a near vacuum, then why only 23 miles from his lift off position when the Earth is spinning at over 1000 mph, as we are told?

Edited by wolfy