Expectations and predictions for Season 2014/2015

Park Life

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all Newcastle fans and we all love the club, no matter what gets said. Yeah, people are pissed off and such - but the life of a football fan is not all roses, espcially where we're concerned.

Channel your energies into positive thoughts about the season ahead.

Let's face it - nobody goes into any game without some hope of getting a result against whoever.

We can all sit and mope and say, " oh Ashley won't buy this and that and he will only sell all the best players." The truth is, we can spend every season thinking this and that - all bad, if we want. Is that the mindset we all want all the time?

We've had plenty of bad times and we will no doubt get plenty more over the next X amount of years, yet we could also resurge...and I believe we will...and soon.

We are signing players and better players than we let go, in most cases - obviously discounting those top players that decide to force their own exit. That's not just down to Newcastle united being a unambitious club, it's about Newcastle united being a north east club that cannot compete with the pulling power of the top European clubs, including the top English clubs with history on their side or the city they are in, like London.

We don't lose many players for deliberate profit. Those players, like Cabaye, leave the club with no choice but to cash in as best as possible. It's not nice for us fans - but it's the nature of the beast of football.

I get excited about every season and this season is no exception. I'm a bit more excited because we are bringing in some top quality and grafters, Colback being one. He's a 100% player and will add backbone to the team and back up the flair players.

If you take a look at the main squad we have, we aren't looking too shabby at all... and yet there's still plenty of transfer activity ahead imo.

We hear the word ' Pardewed' strewn about,as if Pardew wrecks football players careers by making them worse. Nobody really knows what goes on in training and behind the scenes. We see players out of favour and assume it's Pardew losing respect. If that was so, Colo would not be here - he would have gone. He's here because he obviously loves the club and wants to help the club achieve better things.

Tiote is another who loves the club.

The players we are signing, like De Jong and Colback and Cabella?...plus Perez, show that they see the club as a big club and a club that they can add to, to help progress.

The fans should be looking at it the same way, because too many people, for too long have held a grudge against the regime, thinking that the regime is here for nothing other than to make money out of the club, then leave the club as a shell.

I think you will see that this club is on the march and will get stronger and stronger. It's just a lot slower than some fans expect, so naturally the downside is to think negatively.

Start believing or even hoping that things will get better. It's not going to help your mood by thinking that everything is doom.

I know that many have said they won't renew their seasons tickets and some won't go until Ashley goes. My question is, why?

If you have ever professed that you have black and white blood running through your veins or that you support the club through thick and thin, then your support should be still there as per norm.

If you are a genuine fan like this, then do what you profess you do and stop making excuses by making demands before you decide to become loyal again.

Let's get some positivity injected and believe we are going forward. Stop mourning over players that pissed off because they wanted champions league football, that we can't yet provide. If those players wanted it with us, they would have stayed whilst we added and made sure we forced that issue.

Cabaye is a little shithouse who went on strike to get a move. He's now part of the bench at a money no object buy the league club, on excellent money.

It's easy to say Pardew is second rate or a crap coach, or doesn't command respect of the players, when things don't go right. Nobody was saying that when we finished 5th. Infact, fans were worried that he would take the England job or that he would be sounded out for it. He got manager of the season....I mean - is this all by accident and he's all of a sudden just turned into crap? or is it that players have underperformed and some have rocked the boat, which happens at all clubs. It just so happens that at Newcastle, the club made the mistake of not replacing those they knew were wanting out, quickly enough, so we suffered. Is that really down to Pardew or the collective fault of everyone, including us fans, plus tabloids adding fuel to a half lit bonfire?

Let's look forward to the season, lads and lasses, because deep down, no matter how much you depress or argue the toss, you all love the club and you all hold out hope of a win in every game played. We all can't have what we want in how we want it...we can just hope that we get what we want, in time.

I want to see us win the league. I want us to win the FA cup or the champions league, or the Europa cup...whichever. I would prefer it to be sooner rather than later.

I'd rather be patient and see what happens, though...than to just go in and buy players to fast track it by offering what the player or agent demands, or what a selling club demands we pay, over the odds - because in more cases than not, especially with a club like ours, it only leads to mercenaries taking advantage - then discontent - then destruction of dressing room morale until they get sold for a fraction of what they were bought for - leaving us with no scope for equal or better quality replacements.

This way, we vet the players and play hard ball. It's not always prettyand not short term beneficial....but in my view, it will be long term beneficial.

Spirits up lads and lasses and let's look forward to a positive and enjoyable season ahead.

182u_zpsf3546022.jpg

"We're all Newcastle fans and we all love the club, no matter what gets said. Yeah, people are pissed off and such - but the life of a football fan is not all roses, espcially where we're concerned.

Channel your energies into positive thoughts about the season ahead.

Let's face it - nobody goes into any game without some hope of getting a result against whoever.

We can all sit and mope and say, " oh Ashley won't buy this and that and he will only sell all the best players." The truth is, we can spend every season thinking this and that - all bad, if we want. Is that the mindset we all want all the time?

We've had plenty of bad times and we will no doubt get plenty more over the next X amount of years, yet we could also resurge...and I believe we will...and soon.

We are signing players and better players than we let go, in most cases - obviously discounting those top players that decide to force their own exit. That's not just down to Newcastle united being a unambitious club, it's about Newcastle united being a north east club that cannot compete with the pulling power of the top European clubs, including the top English clubs with history on their side or the city they are in, like London.

We don't lose many players for deliberate profit. Those players, like Cabaye, leave the club with no choice but to cash in as best as possible. It's not nice for us fans - but it's the nature of the beast of football.

I get excited about every season and this season is no exception. I'm a bit more excited because we are bringing in some top quality and grafters, Colback being one. He's a 100% player and will add backbone to the team and back up the flair players.

If you take a look at the main squad we have, we aren't looking too shabby at all... and yet there's still plenty of transfer activity ahead imo.

We hear the word ' Pardewed' strewn about,as if Pardew wrecks football players careers by making them worse. Nobody really knows what goes on in training and behind the scenes. We see players out of favour and assume it's Pardew losing respect. If that was so, Colo would not be here - he would have gone. He's here because he obviously loves the club and wants to help the club achieve better things.

Tiote is another who loves the club.

The players we are signing, like De Jong and Colback and Cabella?...plus Perez, show that they see the club as a big club and a club that they can add to, to help progress.

The fans should be looking at it the same way, because too many people, for too long have held a grudge against the regime, thinking that the regime is here for nothing other than to make money out of the club, then leave the club as a shell.

I think you will see that this club is on the march and will get stronger and stronger. It's just a lot slower than some fans expect, so naturally the downside is to think negatively.

Start believing or even hoping that things will get better. It's not going to help your mood by thinking that everything is doom.

I know that many have said they won't renew their seasons tickets and some won't go until Ashley goes. My question is, why?

If you have ever professed that you have black and white blood running through your veins or that you support the club through thick and thin, then your support should be still there as per norm.

If you are a genuine fan like this, then do what you profess you do and stop making excuses by making demands before you decide to become loyal again.

Let's get some positivity injected and believe we are going forward. Stop mourning over players that pissed off because they wanted champions league football, that we can't yet provide. If those players wanted it with us, they would have stayed whilst we added and made sure we forced that issue.

Cabaye is a little shithouse who went on strike to get a move. He's now part of the bench at a money no object buy the league club, on excellent money.

It's easy to say Pardew is second rate or a crap coach, or doesn't command respect of the players, when things don't go right. Nobody was saying that when we finished 5th. Infact, fans were worried that he would take the England job or that he would be sounded out for it. He got manager of the season....I mean - is this all by accident and he's all of a sudden just turned into crap? or is it that players have underperformed and some have rocked the boat, which happens at all clubs. It just so happens that at Newcastle, the club made the mistake of not replacing those they knew were wanting out, quickly enough, so we suffered. Is that really down to Pardew or the collective fault of everyone, including us fans, plus tabloids adding fuel to a half lit bonfire?

Let's look forward to the season, lads and lasses, because deep down, no matter how much you depress or argue the toss, you all love the club and you all hold out hope of a win in every game played. We all can't have what we want in how we want it...we can just hope that we get what we want, in time.

I want to see us win the league. I want us to win the FA cup or the champions league, or the Europa cup...whichever. I would prefer it to be sooner rather than later.

I'd rather be patient and see what happens, though...than to just go in and buy players to fast track it by offering what the player or agent demands, or what a selling club demands we pay, over the odds - because in more cases than not, especially with a club like ours, it only leads to mercenaries taking advantage - then discontent - then destruction of dressing room morale until they get sold for a fraction of what they were bought for - leaving us with no scope for equal or better quality replacements.

This way, we vet the players and play hard ball. It's not always prettyand not short term beneficial....but in my view, it will be long term beneficial.

Spirits up lads and lasses and let's look forward to a positive and enjoyable season ahead."

Ok, CT, sorry, Wolfy. :good:

Aye he was desperate. History will probably tie together the sale of Cabaye and the head buttt incident in a tale of a manager too scared to speak out but frustrated by his own performances and the sale of his best player. The same history will record champions league challengers with Cabaye, relegation candidates without.

That's just the perspective with a bit of distance and ignores how unbelievably shit we were from January onwards.

Aye he was desperate. History will probably tie together the sale of Cabaye and the head buttt incident in a tale of a manager too scared to speak out but frustrated by his own performances and the sale of his best player. The same history will record champions league challengers with Cabaye, relegation candidates without.

That's just the perspective with a bit of distance and ignores how unbelievably shit we were from January onwards.

Fair amount of creativity coming in with Cabella and Siem. Let's see how that gets harnessed.

Fair amount of creativity coming in with Cabella and Siem. Let's see how that gets harnessed.

Like Ba, Cabaye and Debuchy before them, i would expect them both to be Pardewed but then incoherently and inexplicably sold for large amounts of money to CL clubs.

I do love a narrative that hangs together.

Relegation candidates with too tbf.

• 3 weeks later...

Relegation or close to it with the current squad. If we make some of these signings who knows.

But either way Pardew will be fucking useless as always and I think Ashley will do something else out of left field to piss us off even more!

I still think mine is bang on. We've made some of the signings that were being talked about at the time (much more than I expected) but I'm still confident Pardew will be shite and given that we've actually got something out of Ashley (even if it is no more than we've made in sales) it's probably more likely he'll do something else to piss us off.

i'm not as apathetic as i was before the window opened but i still think we'll end up as one of the also rans again, floating somewhere around midtable. too good to go down. not good enough to compete for anything, and deliberately failing in the cups.

plenty to look forward too then

Chelsea to win it. City second, Arsenal third, Man Utd fourth.

Liverpool to struggle juggling Europe and PL. 5th

Tottenham to have a solid season and play some decent footy. 6th

Everton to disappoint in comparison to 2013/2014 season due to Europe, 7th.

We will finish between 8th and 14th. Get a couple of rounds further in the cup than we have in the past but no more. Pardew will stay in the job.

A point max from both derbies.

Allardyce to get sacked before xmas. Closely followed by, or following, Lambert who will be replaced by Keane.

Think Leicester will do canny.

West Ham, Derby and Villa to go down.

Chelsea to win it. City second, Arsenal third, Man Utd fourth.

Liverpool to struggle juggling Europe and PL. 5th

Tottenham to have a solid season and play some decent footy. 6th

Everton to disappoint in comparison to 2013/2014 season due to Europe, 7th.

We will finish between 8th and 14th. Get a couple of rounds further in the cup than we have in the past but no more. Pardew will stay in the job.

A point max from both derbies.

Allardyce to get sacked before xmas. Closely followed by, or following, Lambert who will be replaced by Keane.

Think Leicester will do canny.

West Ham, Derby and Villa to go down.

Why do you reckon Leicester will do well?

Think your sacking predictions are spot on, fwiw.

I'm fairly certain Derby won't be relegated, and I'd say they're a good shout to finish top 5