When Pardew goes end of October, who do you want as..........

accadacca

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be another scape goat to keep the heat of Ashley. When Pardew goes the concentration should then shift towards Ashley. As we know he hates the FCB song and banners aimed at him anyway lets see of Pardew first then set our sites on El Gordo.

It’s becoming clear from comments made by many Newcastle United fans, particularly on social media, that the natives are getting restless again.

The near rebellion which happened at the end of last season after a disastrous run of results led to Alan Pardew seeking the safe haven of his dugout in the final home game, rather than face the wrath of the fans when he tried to stand in his technical area.

Who knows what might have happened after that if there had been any more games to play, but luckily for Pardew the season finished just in time!

The summer transfer window then saw a remarkable event, as Newcastle United actually brought in some new players.

OK, they were just replacements for players who had left or were leaving, and the activity was financed by the Cabaye and Debuchy sales, but nevertheless fresh players coming in seemed to allay some of the doom and gloom surrounding Tyneside.

However, the discontent with various aspects of the way the club is being run these days was still simmering just below the surface and everyone knew it wouldn’t take much to ignite it again.

Add to that the ongoing debate about whether the squad is actually stronger after the comings and goings, and it is clear that doubts still exist.

Three games into the new season without a win have backed up what the doubters have been saying.

A bad start to the season, but even this still might have bought Pardew some time with the long-suffering United support.

However, the one thing we have learned under the current ownership is to always watch out for the traditional kick in the proverbials just when things are settling down.

And it duly arrived on Transfer Deadline Day.

Fans’ favourite Hatem Ben Arfa was shipped out to Hull City, who may well be our rivals if we are lucky enough to be in the mix trying to “achieve” that coveted 10th place towards the end of the season.

Not only that, but Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – arguably our most mobile and technically gifted central defender was sent off to Roma.

So instead of bringing in the striker and central defender the squad is crying out for, the club’s owners actually depleted us in those areas.

Now Pardew faces an away game at Southampton next weekend.

Defeat there is unthinkable. A result of some sorts must be achieved.

However, if United do lose, Pardew will then have to come home and face an unpredictable reception at St James’ Park.

And the vistors of course, as fate would have it, are Hull City – and Hatem Ben Arfa.

Whilst Ben Arfa cannot play against United as he is on loan, the fans will know he is there – there will doubtless be a reaction from the United faithful and there will also, no doubt, be a few quotes flying around in the media ahead of the game just to spice things up.

Some United fans point to the owner’s constant backing for our beleaguered manager as proof that he will never be sacked.

However, if things don’t go well for Pardew at Southampton, or at home to Hull for that matter, can a manager actually survive a sustained period of unpopularity to the point where he cannot leave the safety of his “bunker” on match days?

Against a background of stewards running around attempting to confiscate banners at games, and adverse media coverage of fans unrest, How long could a situation like that be allowed to carry on?

This just came up on wor young 'uns facebook.

I reckon you're off your head if you think Pardew is getting shipped out, and even more so if you think we'll get anyone even anywhere near his poor standard as a replacement.

And why the Beardsley hate?? Unbelievable to me ....

I reckon you're off your head if you think Pardew is getting shipped out, and even more so if you think we'll get anyone even anywhere near his poor standard as a replacement.

And why the Beardsley hate?? Unbelievable to me ....

Arselicks Ashley and too many stories about bad atmosphere at the academy and too many prospects haven't made the step up, which even if he's not solely responsible, it's happened on his watch.

Ashley has tried to get Moyes a few times.

It would make sense.

He was after Moyes when his contract was nearly up at Everton apparently, because the compensation wouldn't have been very much. Wouldn't be surprised if he was interested in Moyes again but I would be surprised if it would work in terms of wages and agreeing the coaching structure, etc.

Edited by Alex

Moyes might take a paycut after his Man United payout but he'd still want a lot more than what Pardew is getting - and his own backroom staff etc.

Aye, that's what I thought really. Not necessarily top whack in terms of wages but would want certain guarantees and autonomy etc. Basically anyone with a modicum of self respect and talent is going to be an issue as far as a replacement is concerned though.

On the other hand if Ashley rates Moyes and takes notice of his work at Everton its possible he'll actually trust him with the team, Moyes is a fan of thorough scouting and has worked with fairly low budgets/sell to buy before which will go over well and I imagine he and Carr could strike up a good working relationship.

Of course there's the other side of the coin what if Ashley has no intentions of getting rid of Pardew. He may just stick with him he's contracted until 2018 or something just because we dont want him makes me think Ashley would keep him just to piss us off.

Arselicks Ashley and too many stories about bad atmosphere at the academy and too many prospects haven't made the step up, which even if he's not solely responsible, it's happened on his watch.

I think that very harsh on Beardsley. I dont know whether the young player he fell out with was a total cock and needed a slap or whether Beardsley is ineffective with people. Thats something no one really knows/

However, the idea that he 'arse licks' Ashley is one of the worst examples of school playground thinking that gets mistaken for a point of view on here. Not picking on you directly fish, loads of other say it, i just think its unfair.

And i'm not saying this because you lost your job either but you know in most jobs, being pleasant and nice to the boss is a fundamental. I mean its not even considered ambitious, its just that in every job, the boss get paid respect publicly by everyone. Doing anything else is idiocy.

What do people want? A manager who speaks his mind and says how it is about Ashley? :lol: I'd vote 'dont sack Pardew' if that was the alternative.

However, the idea that he 'arse licks' Ashley is one of the worst examples of school playground thinking that gets mistaken for a point of view on here. Not picking on you directly fish, loads of other say it, i just think its unfair.

And i'm not saying this because you lost your job either but you know in most jobs, being pleasant and nice to the boss is a fundamental. I mean its not even considered ambitious, its just that in every job, the boss get paid respect publicly by everyone. Doing anything else is idiocy.

Beardsley goes above and beyond though with some of the shit he comes out with. He could easily carry out his job well without making reference to Ashley at all, instead we have:

'He [Ashley] is different class, I have to say.

'Unfortunately, he hasn't been given the support he deserves, but now people are starting to realise the club is on an even keel and going in the right direction.

'I have to say - obviously I am biased and it will always be my club - the club is going in the right direction.

'We have got a brilliant owner, a brilliant managing director, a brilliant manager, and if you have got those three who are really positive, you must have a chance.'

“Alan Pardew has done a great job and people need to realise we have a great owner in Mike Ashley. We would have been in serious trouble without him.”

“The owner is all for youngsters doing well and what he’s doing at this football club at youth level is incredible, I genuinely mean that.

"He didn't come here to fail and he has put a lot of money into the club, so credit to him," said Beardsley.

"His heart was in the right place. Maybe he didn't always show it in the right way but I think he really cared about Newcastle."

“The club is in a good place. The owner is different class.

“He has taken a lot of stick unfairly, but he’s different class.

“What he’s done to this club is incredible.

“I can’t speak highly enough of him.

“I don’t see him often – only on match days – but what he’s done is great and so is what he’s going to do. He’s been fantastic.”