Newcastle United v Hull City

ewerk

Chuffed for Cisse. Laughable that a draw at home to a shamble of shit like Hull will almost certainly give him more time (if his position was ever under fret).

Pardew needs to grasp when you are 2 down at home to Hull you can bring on a striker and play 2 up top ffs, especially as Riviere appears to be the type of striker that would enjoy playing in a 2 up top formation rather than as a lone striker.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewards were instructed to confiscate all fliers and banners and were searching bags on the way in. Just had a text from a mate at the match who said that after Hull's 2nd goal went in, one of the stewards handed some of the fliers back out to the crowd.

:lol:

Freakin media mugs. Some of them going on about how what a great result this is.

"I think they proved that today in very, very difficult circumstances. Trust me, I have played as a footballer and not at a stadium as full as this, but with that same negativity level at Crystal Palace and at other clubs, at Charlton at times, and it’s very, very difficult."

Negativity... funny that. His opposite number Bruce said he thought our crowd got behind our team magnificently.

Mixed feeling after that, I guess. Happy for Papiss, and for the fact we showed a bit of backbone. Disappointed that we've missed what could have been the end of Pardew.

Cisse looked very sharp, we really need him to keep that up. We were obviously chasing the game by that point, but we looked a much more threatening proposition with him in there.

The much publicised protests ended up being a compete anticlimax, which was a surprise. The posters and banners (that got in) were too small to make much of a visual impact, and, considering the numbers involved in organising it, not many of them were making much noise.

Hard to say where we go from here. I think if results continue to be poor, he'll be on his way - regardless of any protests. Hopefully that'll happen with another time left for us to turn it around.

Mixed feeling after that, I guess. Happy for Papiss, and for the fact we showed a bit of backbone. Disappointed that we've missed what could have been the end of Pardew.

Cisse looked very sharp, we really need him to keep that up. We were obviously chasing the game by that point, but we looked a much more threatening proposition with him in there.

The much publicised protests ended up being a compete anticlimax, which was a surprise. The posters and banners (that got in) were too small to make much of a visual impact, and, considering the numbers involved in organising it, not many of them were making much noise.

Hard to say where we go from here. I think if results continue to be poor, he'll be on his way - regardless of any protests. Hopefully that'll happen with another time left for us to turn it around.

That last paragraph is the bottom line. He'll go when Ashley says and not before. We have a reasonable run of games coming up and the return of Cisse is a massive boost. Even though it was a draw, it will feel like a win to some of those players which should boost confidence for Stoke.

I think we also learnt today that talk of Pardew possibly losing the dressing room is rubbish.

We also learned that just because something sounds big and exciting on forums or twitter, doesn't mean 50,000 who fill the ground feel the same.

Really hope this is Cisse back to his best.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Pleased for Cisse getting his goals but we struggled at home against a very average Hull side. As for the sackpardew.com for something that was so well thought out and well publicised & funded it turned into a huge disappointment in the ground. Ashley could be seen having a little smirk at 5 minutes for the "protest" . It'll be interesting to see if/what the sackpardew.com group have in mind now. As we've said before the only way to bother Ashley is to vote with your feet other than that we're stuck with him & Pardew until HE'S had enough.

"I think they proved that today in very, very difficult circumstances. Trust me, I have played as a footballer and not at a stadium as full as this, but with that same negativity level at Crystal Palace and at other clubs, at Charlton at times, and it’s very, very difficult."

Negativity... funny that. His opposite number Bruce said he thought our crowd got behind our team magnificently.

:lol: This bloke ffs, he was banging on about how the fans need to get behind the team, even wheeled out Colocinni to say similar. The protest basically fails and the majority seem to just back the team, yet he moans on as if it went exactly as planned. Honestly it reads like he decided what he was going to say before hand and just went and said it regardless.

Edited by Howay

As much as it's important that the club start picking up points sooner rather than later, it's genuinely upsetting that the little cunt got out of jail with that result today. Scraping a draw at home vs Hull for fuck sake.

As much as it's important that the club start picking up points sooner rather than later, it's genuinely upsetting that the little cunt got out of jail with that result today. Scraping a draw at home vs Hull for fuck sake.

Definitely, also, the way we got the point mattered. If we'd gone ahead and surrendered the points he'd not have come away with so much credit from the media.

Three away games before we face Leicester, any fury may well have spluttered out.

Aye. Although by the sound of things the fury was all but non existent today anyway. That's no reflection on the Sackpardew stuff btw. They couldn't have done anymore than they did, but unfortunately they're working with a crowd full of simpletons.

It seems strange that the response at the Cardiff game did look more "universal" than today - I can't imagine vast tracts of those in May have been replaced by dead souls - maybe there's an apathetic acceptance factor influenced by early season hope rather than the review mode of an end of season game.

I still think two bummings and an inevitable cup exit will increase the pressure for the Leicester game which is followed by the scouse cunts who will inflict the first home twatting.