Newcastle United v Hull City

ewerk

I get the feeling that Ashley cares so little about the club that he'll only sack Pardew when it's clear we're in serious genuine danger of getting relegated (as that would affect the exposure Sports Direct get by having their logo plastered all over the stadium).

Anyone else would have done it a long time ago.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that Ashley cares so little about the club that he'll only sack Pardew when it's clear we're in serious genuine danger of getting relegated (as that would affect the exposure Sports Direct get by having their logo plastered all over the stadium).

After yesterday Ashley's got everyone just were he wants them.

It's not that straightforward though is it. I wanted Pardew gone November of the European season when it was pretty clear for a number of reasons that he personally was wasting a great opportunity at the club.

Then last year he has us challenging for a champions league spot at Christmas.

On top of all that Ashley will see that Pardew is the 2nd longest serving manager after Arsene. Lots of managers continually turning over but very few effect change.

Even here, Souness, Ruud, Daglish, allardyce etc There's never any guarantees. Look at the money Chelsea and Liverpool, spurs and even Man U have thrown at trying to find a good fit.

No wonder then that any owner, not just Ashley, should be cautious about changing a manager.

Given the backing of a good squad and good coaches, the truth is that Pardew is probably capable of keeping us in and around the top 8. It's just a shame that the club is now all about being run on a shoestring and no ambition.

I can't see us being anywhere near the top 8 as things are, given we've got no Remy/Cabaye/Ba etc to carry us.

Our best chance of achieving anything this season is if Cisse continues to score. Riviere has looked poor but would probably look better paired with Cisse - yet Pardew seems to have an aversion to playing two up top - so I don't think we'll see Riviere come close to shining for us. Perez I have bit of hope for, but he's too lightweight and inexperienced. Ferrerya appears to be a bit of a joke.

Damp Squid: The top 10 misquoted phrases in Britain.

British people become tongue-tied over the most simple everyday phrases, with "damp
squib" being the one that most of us get wrong, a survey has shown.
Many phrases we use are often misquotes from Shakespeare and other traditional sayings – and
people do not realise they have made mistakes.
Now a new poll has revealed a top ten of the most misquoted phrases in Britain.
Top of the league is a "damp squib", a term for failure named after a dud 19th century explosive
mining device, which is often mispronounced as "damp squid."
Others in the chart include "one fell swoop" which was originally uttered by MacDuff in
Shakespeare's Macbeth but which is often mistakenly repeated as "one foul swoop".
Another favourite is the Shakespearean quote from Merchant of Venice "all that glisters is not
gold" which we misquote as "all the glitters is not gold".The misquote is so common it is now even used in the play itself.
Others mix up the 19th century nautical term "batten down the hatches", instead saying "batting
down the hatches"
The 14th century phrase "On tenter hooks" which derives from a wooden frame that hung wet
clothes out to dry is often mistaken as "on tender hooks."
The phrase "Find a pin and pick it up," the first line of a poem in "The Real Mother Goose" book
of nursery rhymes is now misquoted as "Find a penny pick it up".
The survey of 1,000 people was compiled by hearing aid retailer Amplifon, as part of its
"Bringing Sound to Life" campaign aimed at revealing the state of the nation's hearing.
Mark Holmes, from the company, said: "Technically these are called malapropisms but we think
most people simply mishear them in the first place and repeat their mistake over and over again.
"For a nation that produced Shakespeare, Wordsworth and Stephen Fry, it seems we Brits aren't
as a literary as we think."
The top ten misquotes by British people are as follows:
1) A damp squid (a damp squib)
2) On tender hooks (on tenter hooks)
3) Nip it in the butt (nip it in the bud)
4) Champing at the bit (chomping at the bit)
5) A mute point (a moot point)
6) One foul swoop (one fell swoop)
7) All that glitters is not gold (all that glisters is not gold)
8) Adverse to (averse to)
9) Batting down the hatches (batten down the hatches)
10) Find a penny pick it up (find a pin pick it up)How we moderate

It did answer your question though didn't it. The purpose it would serve would be so that Ashley wouldn't be benefitting from our Premier League mediocrity. What bit are you struggling with?

He's a multi billionaire man. You're willing to put the long term future of the club on the line just so someone who is already ridiculously rich doesnt get a little bit more richer? Weird.

He's a multi billionaire man. You're willing to put the long term future of the club on the line just so someone who is already ridiculously rich doesnt get a little bit more richer? Weird.

Yeah I think "don't cut off your nose to spite your face" applies here.

We all no it's "damp squib" I thought the "damp squid" was an in joke we had with CT.

;)

Know and No

Commonly Confused Word
The verb know means to be aware, to be informed, to
recognize, to understand, or to be acquainted with.
No (which can function as an adjective, an adverb, or
an interjection) means the opposite of yes: not so,
not in any degree. No can also be used as an
exclamation to give force to a negative statement. See also: Negation.
Examples:
- Kara didn't know any of the other children in her class.
- If you think you know the right answer, raise your hand.
- James firmly believes that no good deed goes unpunished.
- No, I will not be quiet.

He's a multi billionaire man. You're willing to put the long term future of the club on the line just so someone who is already ridiculously rich doesnt get a little bit more richer? it's not making him richer

If he wasn't benefitting from owning us for a prolonged period there's a likelihood of him getting out. Relegation wouldn't put the long term future of the club on the line either. The long term future of the club at present is to be a sports direct advert. Not got a lot to lose have we.

More cowardice from Janmaat for Hull's second goal.Twice he tried to get out of the way of the shot.He was successful at his second attempt and the ball had a clear path to the top left hand corner of the goal .He has not improved our defence.

He was trying to block the shot you complete gimp

http://gfycat.com/ThreadbareJovialGavial

Of course he was.Can i ask you to watch the incident (s) again,then come back on here and defend his cowardice with a straight face.He shit himself twice before `allowing' the shot to rifle into the top left hand corner.I have questioned his defensive ability since the start of the season.He's no better than Simpson at defending.