The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

A bit of a sad day for cricket yesterday with the Windies failing to qualify for the World Cup for the first time ever 

Yeah it is. I thought their decline had been arrested a few years back but this is a new low. I won’t be pathetically partisan and profess a love for the Scotland cricket team but the symbolism of yesterday is huge for them.Think they’ve still got to win another game to qualify for the WC though?… 

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah it is. I thought their decline had been arrested a few years back but this is a new low. I won’t be pathetically partisan and profess a love for the Scotland cricket team but the symbolism of yesterday is huge for them.Think they’ve still got to win another game to qualify for the WC though?… 

I think the need to win their last two to qualify but there’s other permutations. I think the top two teams qualify. It’s quite a complicated process where the top 3 out of the two groups go to the super 6 (final group). But then sone teams carried sone points to the focal group from the earlier group. West Indies didn’t which is why this defeat has put them out already. Scotland are third with two matches left I think 

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

A bit of a sad day for cricket yesterday with the Windies failing to qualify for the World Cup for the first time ever 

Cricket dying out there sadly, the tall lads who would have previously wanted to bowl fast want to play basketball these days and their decent players are only interested in the T20 riches. It’s all very sad.

Bit like this ashes series.

• Like 1

We’re on it 🏏

Although, being at Lords, drinking champagne, wearing a blazer. My journey to being ‘southernised’ is pretty much complete :sad:

IMG_2892.jpeg

Edited by Craig
  • Like 6

Just now, Gemmill said:

Absolute bullshit from the Aussies this mind.

Fucking cunts! I hope you lot can hear the chant going round here. Same old Aussies, always cheating.

Just not cricket 🏏 

You could probably do that at the end of every over and catch somebody out. Just like you could Mankad someone about twice an over. It’s within the rules but it would absolutely ruin the game. It’s accepted practice that it you’re in your crease it’s effectively a dead ball. Not withdrawing the appeal is pretty low. 

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Stupidity from Bairstow mind.

But a cunts trick just the same.

It was the correct call, but it’s hardly in the spirit of the game. Chances are they’re going to win this test anyway, no need to be cunts about it. Has significantly got the crowds back up though. Bloke behind me is saying he’s never heard booing like it in 30 years of coming to Lords

• Like 1

Fuckin hell Stokes is livid and no wonder. Looks like the Aussies are more than good enough to win the game without gamesmanship or outright fuckin cheating but can’t fuckin well help themselves 

Broad furious too. Like PL says, these cunts can't help themselves. Extremely unlikely but I'm desperate for Stokes to somehow pull this off now.

Haha Hazelwood you tool.

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuckin hell Stokes is livid and no wonder. Looks like the Aussies are more than good enough to win the game without gamesmanship or outright fuckin cheating but can’t fuckin well help themselves 

they didn’t cheat. Sloppy from YJB with so much on the line.

nor exactly in keeping with the spirit of the game but what do you expect from the sandpaper mob?  They’re not going to turn the opportunity down to pinch a cheap one 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Craig said:

We’re on it 🏏

Although, being at Lords, drinking champagne, wearing a blazer. My journey to being ‘southernised’ is pretty much complete :sad:

IMG_2892.jpeg

suoerb mate. Great to be there to witness this from stokes. This is great entertainment 

43 minutes ago, Craig said:

We’re on it 🏏

IMG_2892.jpeg

Gone native, for shame. ;)

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s not a great look like 

Nee need for that, like. Lad's just sharing a photo. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Gone native, for shame. ;)

Nee need for that, like. Lad's just sharing a photo. 

I hope he’s got his Michael Portillo-style crimson strides on to complete the outfit 

• Haha 3