The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t believe he’s dropped another one 

I mean it wasn't an easy one, but his footwork is shit but a quality keeper would have taken it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Criminal that from Root.

absolute regulation first slip chance from a regulation outside edge. the sort of dolly you have to cling on to if you're going to win a test match.

for all the debate around bazball, it's the sloppiness in the field that is why we're two down. take our chances in the first test and we win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

I mean it wasn't an easy one, but his footwork is shit but a quality keeper would have taken it.

Footwork makes a massive difference as that and good anticipation means the best keepers get into those good positions. Then the catches themselves look more straightforward 

• Like 2

I’m glad they’re playing loads of gold rather than fielding practice like. It’s working fucking wonders so far. Tooj was telling me that Foakes isn’t in the golfing clique either. Which I’m sure is purely coincidental 

• Like 2

Carey playing the safety shot and Woakes imitating picking the ball up and about to throw it at his stumps is the level of shithousery I like to see :lol:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

@PaddockLadThe Scots just missed out on WC qualification after they lost to the Netherlands earlier 

Yeah I had TMS on driving earlier and with 8 overs left Netherlands needed 10 an over or something? More glorious failure for us :lol: 

33 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah I had TMS on driving earlier and with 8 overs left Netherlands needed 10 an over or something? More glorious failure for us :lol: 

Yeah Scotland didn’t need to win. The Netherlands needed to score their runs quickly enough to overhaul the Scots’ net run rate and succeeded. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Textbook innings from crawicket 

He does the hard part, gets himself in, gets to 30-40 odd then gets himself out.