The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If they're still scoring at a clip with wickets in hand, I'd be waiting til the lead was about 150. Given how quick they score, it would eat up minimal time but it could be crucial at the weekend if the weather is really bad.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

this evening once we're 50-100 ahead i reckon 

Think they’ll look to bat once if they’ve still got the wickets in hand. I know Saturday looks like a write off but 100 run lead isn’t enough imo. Australia will look to bat time. Declaring in the first test arguably just took time out of the game and gave England less options later in the match 

• Like 2

Not a T/20 field though. There’s loads of ones and twos to be had with the field spread though. I don’t think the declaration this evening is on. I would imagine the Aussie overrate will take the piss too. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

this evening once we're 50-100 ahead i reckon 

I think so too. I'd rather the runs because their approach won't change regardless. Better to not have to bat at all.

There’s only an hour and 10 minutes play left this evening now if you factor in the change of innings. Declaring would be absolutely fucking stupid and would play into Australian hands 

• Like 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

Did Botham get fired by Sky or did he retire when he got made a Lord. I don't miss that terminal fucking bore and his pontificating commentary style.

They got rid of him and Lord Gower maybe a couple of years ago. I love the latter but agree re Botham. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Did Botham get fired by Sky or did he retire when he got made a Lord. I don't miss that terminal fucking bore and his pontificating commentary style.

Good afternoon Mr. Chappell.

• Haha 3

Just now, MMXXVIII said:

Good afternoon Mr. Chappell.

That fucking video clip. :lol:

A pair of 70 odd year olds that have held a 50+ year grudge. It's like a bad Hollywood comedy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

That fucking video clip. :lol:

A pair of 70 odd year olds that have held a 50+ year grudge. It's like a bad Hollywood comedy.

Aye I've seen better straighteners by Kenton School.

• Haha 3