The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

TMS just about 0.5 secs behind the sky stream this morning :) 

250 is about par on this wicket. This England side are far better chasing in their 2nd innings than bowling. But still can’t see it. Cummins getting movement now and Crawley flailing already… it’s going to get a long day… 

Cunt gets out when looking set for the day, this might be the way for him to go.

Tbf I think the left-hand/right-hand thing played a small part in their thinking but the decision was 80% zany Lady Gaga psyche.

Expect Robinson in next wearing a chateaubriand codpiece instead of a box.

• Haha 3

If Stokes gets this home I'll start to wonder if it's all a great plan to set up a tense finale in which Stokes ends a hero. Maybe he's a modern day Jeffrey Dahmer and cricket is his outlet? In the grander scheme of things it represents progression.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Alex’s prediction for Bairstow to hit the winning runs is on 

That’s on you btw

• Like 1

I was trying to think of an analogy and it’s a bit like what I’ve read about the Dutch v ze Germans in the 1974 World Cup final. Where winning wasn’t enough and they came unstuck trying to humiliate the opposition. Except England’s opposition are actually the best team in the world. Even if they pull this off (and I’ll be delighted to be proven wrong) it’s not going to work over the rest of a series where there’s so little margin for error. Talk about not learning from your mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

If Bairstow plays ahead of Foakes in the 4th test I'm supporting Aus even if we win this one

As soon as he was picked he was playing all 5 tests as wicky unless he got injured, mate. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was trying to think of an analogy and it’s a bit like what I’ve read about the Dutch v ze Germans in the 1974 World Cup final. Where winning wasn’t enough and they came unstuck trying to humiliate the opposition. Except England’s opposition are actually the best team in the world. Even if they pull this off (and I’ll be delighted to be proven wrong) it’s not going to work over the rest of a series where there’s so little margin for error. Talk about not learning from your mistakes. 

coming from behind to win the series 3-2 would be the most bazball outcome going 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

coming from behind to win the series 3-2 would be the most bazball outcome going 

I hope I’m wrong but batting like this leaves far too much to sheer luck. On that basis I can’t see it. Also, it’s the bowlers who’ve kept England in the series who don’t have the luxury of just doing what the fuck they like 

Edited by Alex

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

A Mark Wood 6 to win it then.

If he carries on from where he left off yesterday he’ll knock the remaining runs off in a single over