West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United

Howmanheyman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute quality from Perez. This lad is a natural finisher. Great ball by Janmaat especially for the second. As soon as Williamson comes on they get space in behind us and nearly score. Cabella the only real downside today, the amount of times we lose possession through him is just too much.

Brilliant goal from Perez, sack pardew might have to amend stats at this rate. I really had no belief that they'd continue to improve.

Cabella looks soft, but so did Cabaye, I'm giving him time.

Both cracking goals today. Janmaat now really showing his quality after a slow start, much like Debuchy, quality tells in the end. What a finish from Perez as well.

HMHM makes a valid point about Williamson too. Most of this form has to be down to us changing the system since he's gone out and reverting to the 4-3-3.

Absolute quality from Perez. This lad is a natural finisher. Great ball by Janmaat especially for the second. As soon as Williamson comes on they get space in behind us and nearly score. Cabella the only real downside today, the amount of times we lose possession through him is just too much.

Really? I thought he was better today than he has been and we won't often come up against a team that works as hard as West Brom.

Thought Sammy was much, much worse and I try to defend him as much as possible.

I agree. He does get bullied a bit and needs to learn you cant just lie flat on your arse and wait for the ref to give the foul though. The downside about this young attacking line up is that they're naive at times, give the ball away too much. Good sides will make them pay for it. Hopefully its something that will go away with game time.

Really? I thought he was better today than he has been and we won't often come up against a team that works as hard as West Brom.

Thought Sammy was much, much worse and I try to defend him as much as possible.

He was a liability, got himself in positions that were safe from a pass and when he did get the ball ran into the wrong space and when he did pass the ball on he gave it away, he was fucking terrible. I'm amazed you thought he was anything else? Granted, he put a great ball in during the second half at the back post but otherwise he was gash. I have said before, I've far more sympathy for new foreign players coming over here when they're defenders than I have for attacking players. The latter should have an advantage, the former shouldn't.

I thought he did well on the ball, made more passes, seemed to find his man more often than not, did more defensive work and put in more accurate crosses than Sammy.

He did all right and I can see he'll do better.

I thought he did well on the ball, made more passes, seemed to find his man more often than not, did more defensive work and put in more accurate crosses than Sammy.

He did all right and I can see he'll do better.

:lol:

He might well do better, really hope he does, but we've obviously watched a different game today. (I watched it sober btw.)

:lol:

He might well do better, really hope he does, but we've obviously watched a different game today. (I watched it sober btw.)

Whoscored.com seems to back me up :dunno:

Janmaat was absolutely quality today, really growing in assurance and confidence. His two assists aside, he generally used the ball well and Wesst Brom had no joy down their left.

Thought Dummet was again decent at centre back and given it seemed Anichebe was being marshalled by Colo, Dummet did an excellent job of keeping quiet one of the on-form strikers in the Premier League.

Sissoko was quieter than his recent performances, but it seemed to me he had a more restricted role?

Perez did brilliantly in a largely thankless task, a nuisance all game and took his goal expertly. It's like when your 'keeper has had nothing to do for 20 minutes and yet needs to maintain his concentration levels throughout, just in case; Perez fed off scraps, but when a chance came, he finished it with aplomb.

Abeid and Colback did well too.

Dummett looks a lot more comfortable at centre back and I hope Pardew sees that as his position from now on. Abeid put in another good performance, definitely ahead of Colback and Anita in the pecking order for me. Janmaat is improving game on game, really quality today don't mind him bombing forward against bottom feeders like West Beige Albion but hope he is a bit more cautious against better sides.

Perez looks to be a really good option, far more direct and confident than Riviere and is clearly comfortable up top alone which is impressive for a 20 year old in his first Premiership season. What the fuck is going on? this lot really look like they can play football all of a sudden.