Terrorism

aimaad22

I can't believe anyone has an issue with it. He ruined every thread he posted in.

which was almost every thread on the board. i'm all for freedom of expression but he only had one argument and his sole purpose on the board was to redirect every discussion back to his central point that he was right about freddie fucking shepherd.

Never realised the Leazes issue was this divisive... I always had the impression the whole board rose up and smote him.

I can't really comment though, other than to say that if someone were to draw up a history of this board, noting key events in a timeline, his banning would be a key event and the following period would be known as the post-Leazes era. It seemed a significant moment.

I'd say we're now in the post-CT era though.

I like naming time periods :D

don't count your chickens, this isn't the first post-CT era. tubs usually comes back after a temporary self-imposed exile

don't count your chickens, this isn't the first post-CT era. tubs usually comes back after a temporary self-imposed exile

Yeah but the frequency of CT flounces are increasing.

Has it actually happened on this occasion just because of MF's (brilliant) caricaturing of him?

it looks like that was what spared it off. then the fact we were all saying how much better the place was in his absence possibly cemented it. i'd be surprised if he isn't still lurking. 

I fully agree that this stuff is in the Qu'ran. To be honest, as I posted earlier, I'm no defender of Islam. It's hugely right wing, and not in the least bit aligned with modern Western secular democracies. While it will add to our overall culture to a degree, it certainly seems more like something we tolerate rather than embrace.

I'm just keen that, as well as acknowledging this, we acknowledge that much of the strife we have in this respect comes from our own ridiculous decision making by *drum roll* an establishment that is more concerned about profits and ensuring its own power than it is about the actual lives of ordinary people.

Yes, I did manage to shoehorn anti-establishment sentiments into this post :lol:

I love how regularly we seem to discuss the burka, quran and source of human violence and how fellows like Gloom and Renton still manage to start from square one everytime :D

I love how regularly we seem to discuss the burka, quran and source of human violence and how fellows like Gloom and Renton still manage to start from square one everytime :D

you have to go back to square one when people suggest that the west created jihadis. yes, the US and the UK helped create an environment where they could flourish, but the notion of jihad as a holy war or crusade against the non believers comes from the quoran, doesn't it? 

and i'm quite happy not to get back into the burqa debate with you, it's been exhausted and i think we both know where we each stand on it   B)

Edited by Dr Gloom

You know that the ISIS leaders and propaganda makers aren't the ones blowing up themselves up though.

The Dafiq magazine is produced by ISIS. The magazine is a representation of the espoused goals and ambition and beliefs of ISIS members. The magazine is produced for members of ISIS by ISIS members. It's a first hand account from ISIS, but because it goes against the West-hating narrative: it must be denied. You look like a fool. You looked like a fool last time we spoke, and you look like a fool now. Unbelievable. Just so everyone is clear: you are attempting to deny that ISIS understands its own motivations.

As for the 'we created ISIS' crap. Basically, no. The Middle East has been a violent shithole for 2,000 years. The Islamic violence has migrated to Europe because the violent Islamic people have migrated to Europe. 

The Dafiq magazine is produced by ISIS. The magazine is a representation of the espoused goals and ambition and beliefs of ISIS members. The magazine is produced for members of ISIS by ISIS members. It's a first hand account from ISIS, but because it goes against the West-hating narrative: it must be denied. You look like a fool. You looked like a fool last time we spoke, and you look like a fool now. Unbelievable. Just so everyone is clear: you are attempting to deny that ISIS understands its own motivations.

As for the 'we created ISIS' crap. Basically, no. The Middle East has been a violent shithole for 2,000 years. The Islamic violence has migrated to Europe because the violent Islamic people have migrated to Europe. 

Unless of course that's exactly what ISIS want you to think. 

Look, if Empire magazine gives a film a 4 star review and Total Film gives it 5 stars, who am I supposed to believe. Both magazines produced by movie watchers, for movie watchers. Both reviews present first hand accounts from movie watchers, and yet they differ.

Now who looks like a fool. Unbelievable.

The Middle East has been a violent shithole for 2,000 years. The Islamic violence has migrated to Europe because the violent Islamic people have migrated to Europe. 

This is certainly a cause. We could, arguably, solve all of our terrorism problems by turfing all Muslims out of Europe and locking the door.

If, for some reason or another, that proves to be unfeasible, then I guess we're left to just look at which of our actions seem to make the problems worse (destabilising sovereign nations and creating power vacuums that nutjobs can fill, for instance) and try to reign them in a bit.

Why is this logic so fucking hard for people. Neither HF or myself are saying that we hate the West. I love the West. I would argue we have the most advanced culture on the planet, based on my subjective interpretations. However, we're fucking terrible when it comes to meddling in other countries affairs. And we expect that this isn't going to somehow have an effect on us on the home front, like the two things are entirely unrelated? As if.

The US and UK claim their motives for intervening in the middle east are to stop evil doers like Saddam.  Is that the reality?  Or is that an excuse that can be used to garner support among their population for sending their young men and women to die in order to protect our own interests?

Do you not think ISIS take a similar approach to convincing people to kill themselves?  Try to convince idiots that it's a just and noble holy cause, when they obviously know it's polictical power wrangling.