Terrorism

aimaad22

Gemmil's right

It's a sad indictment of the world we live in that every public murder is immediately branded as a terrorist attack. It's that climate of fear that ISIS etc are rubbing their hands together at

Was going to say this myself. Getting us to assume that everything is a terrorist incident is the primary objective of the terrorists, surely.

Either way, a sad thing to hear.

This is true, although I think we're reaching a saturation point in the media with this stuff. There's no hiding from the fact that the media have had a fucking field day between terrorism and Brexit this summer. It's all getting a bit tiresome to read now though, and I suspect I'm not alone in thinking that. I can't imagine people starting to get hysterical about it.

That said, I can see people entrenching anti-Muslim biases I suppose, which isn't desirable.

Edited by Rayvin

it's not a random murder though, is it? 6 people being attacked by a knife-wielding nutter is not a typical attack - even in london.

it's no surprise people are fearing it could be terrorism following what we've seen in europe this summer.

the media coverage so far has pretty restrained, playing down the chances of it being an islamist fanatic until we know more.

Edited by Dr Gloom

let's see. this isn't an every day attack - not even in london. not that it matters hugely. it's horrific, whoever was responsible.

but i think it's inevitable that we'll see another islamist terrorist attack in London. the met police commissioner only just warned this week that it was a question of when, not if.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Is he ok then?...

Aye, he's fine. Lost most of his possessions, but unhurt and holed up in the German embassy waiting for a replacement passport. Apparently the only injuries people got were from jumping from the bus before it went up in flames. :ninja:

I seriously don't understand the mentality of going to a current war zone on holiday.

He's never been one for Dalaman or Disneyworld, and some of the photos from the first part of the holiday were spectacular, but I would tend to agree with you on balance. :D

• 1 month later...

Have you got a link from a decent newspaper or a decent news site?

:lol:

It was on the Times front page as it happens but the first one that came up in "times, flower seller, Isis" was Daily Mail

3d9f710a0d722c5227a837ab7a7a9424.jpg

b7da8608da56472db410af1bec9353a8.jpg

As soon as I posted it I thought... Some pedantic twat.... :lol: