Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sunderland had less than 20 shots all season when they turned up for the derby - and he set up to stop them playing. Poyet must love the bloke.

Hopefully with a bit of luck we might see some football again in our lifetimes.

If there was no obastacles I'd go for Murat Yakin.

has Karanka got brough punching above their weight then or?

just looking at the results he's not exactly doing stellar with them like

ask their fans & they'll say this season has been a quantum leap - partly through his use of the loan market & partly through his tactics.

fluid, flexible patterns of play, with options on bench to change style

ask their fans & they'll say this season has been a quantum leap - partly through his use of the loan market & partly through his tactics.

fluid, flexible patterns of play, with options on bench to change style

In the last 6 weeks they've won 5-1 away, beaten a team picked by many for promotion in Norwich 4-0, and apparently their best show was beating Derby 2-0 the other week in what many Boro fans described as their best game in years.

In the last 6 weeks they've won 5-1 away, beaten a team picked by many for promotion in Norwich 4-0, and apparently their best show was beating Derby 2-0 the other week in what many Boro fans described as their best game in years.

and Karanka speaks better English than Pards!

I don't think Boro have slipped off as much as Ipswich & Bournemouth have had ridiculous spells of form.

Boro have lost 2 in 19. Few draws in there but great form all the same 10 7 2. Their best games are against the absolute top sides too.

Won't Karanka & Howe want to see if they can finish the job they've started & take their teams into the Premier League? Even if they fail at the last hurdle there'll be a few clubs impressed with their work b

If I had any idea in my head that I was a manager that was going places in the game, I wouldn't come and work for Mike Ashley. Which is why I think we can knock on the head any talk of these up and comers. Unless they're up and coming idiots.

Won't Karanka & Howe want to see if they can finish the job they've started & take their teams into the Premier League? Even if they fail at the last hurdle there'll be a few clubs impressed with their work b

Well in Howe's case, a club who probably will have an 80% chance of relegation, with 9,000 fans watching home games. Or a club who's fans turn their nose up at say 12th with England's third best crowds.

Howe definitely will; he left bournemouth once to go to Burnley, but came back again for "family reasons" after 15 months or so

Well in Howe's case, a club who probably will have an 80% chance of relegation, with 9,000 fans watching home games. Or a club who's fans turn their nose up at say 12th with England's third best crowds.

Oh Bournemouth will absolutely be favourites for the drop and we're clearly a much, much better gig (even with Ashley), but surely there's something about steering a club to promotion that matters to a manager. So they'd stay, at least until the paints dried on the open top bus anyway?

Howe definitely will; he left bournemouth once to go to Burnley, but came back again for "family reasons" after 15 months or so

Is it a case of Boreasphobia?

We're just day dreaming Fish. :)

Stow that shit, it's 2015 or as near as doesn't matter, cynicism & misery is the way forward. Dreams are for children and liberals.

I

If I had any idea in my head that I was a manager that was going places in the game, I wouldn't come and work for Mike Ashley. Which is why I think we can knock on the head any talk of these up and comers. Unless they're up and coming idiots.

Maybe they don't know the full craic till it's too late and the sigs dry on the contract. :lol: /delusional

Edited by Park Life

Stow that shit, it's 2015 or as near as doesn't matter, cynicism & misery is the way forward. Dreams are for children and liberals.

We're entering a new saturn cycle so everything will get better for 7 years.

Howe is comfortable at Bournemouth, had a brief spell at burnley, didn't like it oop norf and went back.

Bournemouth are financed by Russian moneyand Eddie Howe came through the youth team there . The Russian money got him back home a lot quicker than not liking pies or whippets tbh Hes one of the most significant figures in the clubs history. He'll leave to go to spurs or west ham eventually.

I reckon the "Ashley will appoint a shit Englishman" thing is a bit off the mark, despite it being rooted in previous history. A lot of what the club has in place with its scouting system is European and the idea of nobody wanting to work under those conditions shows a huge lack of knowledge about how clubs in Europe operate. The thing that people are doing is looking for an English manager who would work under these conditions and, you're right, there's probably none due to how lower league teams operate here but as soon as you spread the net out, you could get a fucking load of them. They'll be looking at Pochettino, Koeman etc, how they've developed players (and in Southampton's case, the money they got off them) and will be looking for someone to emulate that. And that means, getting someone foreign in because just about every English manager, probably isn't up to the job. The only Englishman I could see them going for is McClaren, because he's a good coach and has had European experience.

That's my all too serious take anyway so here's some swearing; cunty flaps