January Transfers 2015

salsaman7

Well we don't have a manager

its been pretty dire for interesting moves from others as well tbh, no ones going mad.

FFP at work?

Aye true enough, not that I think manager matters in our system for transfers but I think you're right that their interest is focused on that.

Bony aside it has been a pretty slow January to be fair, just we normally get some rumours that keep the debate going but we're getting nothing.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have thought Ashley thinks any signings are necessary, what with 27 points in the bag and all the players returning from injury this month. If we did sign someone, I reckon it'll be a bargain in a position we don't need.

Defoe going to Sunderland.

Good player but giving a 32 year old a 3.5year contract at £80kpw smacks of a panic buy

£80k a week?! Fucks sake Sunderland...

Saying that, he's not a bad player.

Sanogo to Palace on loan.....how long till he's Pardewed? Or is he partially Pardewed already? :D

He'll love him, hes like a young shola.

Only not as good

£80k a week?! Fucks sake Sunderland...

Saying that, he's not a bad player.

And £14 million supposedly :lol:

That might be the worst bit of transfer business I've ever heard of.

I thought the £14m was for his wages...that's how I read it on SSN anyway. I assumed there was no fee tbh.

That makes more sense tbh. If its his wages over the life of his contract, then its good value if his goals keep them up. IF.

He's a player who always seemed to do well against us. I'd rather the tramps didn't replace the legend that is Jozy Altidore with him. It's ridiculous money for them to pay for a player at the stage he's at of his career but I think he'll do pretty well for them.

Not convinced about how much game time Bony is going to get at City. You never know I guess, their striking line up is pretty injury prone.

What was wrong with Negredo in the end? He was supposedly amazing and then he was just shipped out.

Defoe is a decent player, sure, not the right answer for them in my opinion.

I can see him strolling through a couple of games until Poyet drops him to the bench to act as an impact sub. Little impact on the end of their season & <8 goals I reckon.

Sunderland never learn, do they?

Not convinced about how much game time Bony is going to get at City. You never know I guess, their striking line up is pretty injury prone.

What was wrong with Negredo in the end? He was supposedly amazing and then he was just shipped out.

On a £100k a week does he really care whether he is playing every week or where he is in Pellegrini's pecking order.

Over in Toronto, the Canadian press reckons Jermain Defoe's move to Sunderland will result in an MLS RECORD transfer fee.

The England striker looks set for Wearside for £80,000-a-week on a three-and-a-half year deal.

But the Toronto Sun also reckons Sunderland will be parting with £7.2million to take the 32-year-old back to the Premier League.

That would mean the entire commitment from the Black Cats is over £20million.

VAa16Ke.gif