Retro Games

Rayvin

Just wondering if anyone on here plays any previous era games, or if you're all just keeping pace with the new releases? I've just redownloaded Freelancer for the PC which was one of my first space age games. Still think as a flight sim/space shooter it hasn't been surpassed by anything that remains on the market.

As an aside, I reckon that this thread will live or die by how many similar retro games we've all played. If we're spread out all over the place this isn't going to get very far.

Aside from Freelancer, I've also got Majora's Mask lined up for the 3DS when that's available. Truly underrated Zelda game.

aye, I got my Wii from CEX for 25 quid. Because they sold incredibly well on a novelty factor, for the most part, they're everywhere and cheap as owt. You'd probably find one cheaper than that on eBay and softmodding them is piss easy. The N64 emulator runs Mario Kart 64 really well and the console plays Gamecube games so you can get Double Dash too.

Ah I miss Double Dash - it was a really underrated game with my main enjoyment coming from having two vs two where the person in the back is trying to kick the shit out of everything that gets anywhere near the kart :lol:

I have a Wii (now in the cupboard, admittedly) and Wii U (I'm sticking with Nintendo, they've given me such enjoyable games over the years - although I also play PC and have a PS3) and the Mariokart games on those have many of the older tracks on them anyway. And surely you can get hold of a DS easily enough, they have MK on those as well.

I'm hoping they make another F-Zero some day as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I still love a bit of mario karts after all these years. The snes and n64 versions were never bettered as far as I can tell.

The Wii-U one is supposedly awesome. I've not played it though, so that's just heresy.

The Wii-U one is supposedly awesome. I've not played it though, so that's just heresy.

I like the Wii-U one, but I haven't played it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. As a finished product, it's probably the best one - in terms of its 'impact', I don't think it stands out that well.

Kind of like how Twilight Princess was technically the best Zelda game, but will forever be overshadowed by OoT due to the sheer impact the latter had.

Edited by Rayvin

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just managed to sell my barely used Mini NES on ebay for £170.

If you happened to get one and its going unused then get it on there!

• 1 month later...

I got a Nintendo DS emulator for my phone because I wanted to try a couple of the highly rated adventure games.  Didn't do anything for me.

And I have SCUMM set up on my Nexus 10 to play old point 'n click games while I'm travelling.