We gave them a very good opportunity to pick up points away from home and they royally fucked it up, we were utterly shite. Think they'll go down and it'll be fucking great when they do. Agree on Agbonlahor as well, that balding with the mustache combo suits him to the ground makes him look boring and stuck in the 80's which suits Villa and Birmingham in general. I thought he had a chance to be half decent when he was younger as he had pace but his finishing was erratic, he never really improved his end product however so he's just a pretty average/below average Premiership attacker, a boring one too. Did I mention him and his shite club are boring? I imagine them walking out to the warburtons bread advert music tbh, enjoy the championship and hope you stay down there you brummy mugs.

:lol: Spot on

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, I haven't seen much Villa this season because, if they're ever on telly, I'm usually doing something more enjoyable like cracking my head off the sink but they looked like a relegated team to me. At least with the sides around them, you could see how they'd get out of it but they had absolutely nothing. Benteke is a canny striker but that midfield is horseshit. I didn't even realise Tom Cleverley was playing until he clattered someone with a shit foul and the rest of them weren't much better. Sherwood probably isn't savvy or experienced enough to turn it round quickly in the way that Pulis could have either. What a shame.

We gave them a very good opportunity to pick up points away from home and they royally fucked it up, we were utterly shite. Think they'll go down and it'll be fucking great when they do. Agree on Agbonlahor as well, that balding with the mustache combo suits him to the ground makes him look boring and stuck in the 80's which suits Villa and Birmingham in general. I thought he had a chance to be half decent when he was younger as he had pace but his finishing was erratic, he never really improved his end product however so he's just a pretty average/below average Premiership attacker, a boring one too. Did I mention him and his shite club are boring? I imagine them walking out to the warburtons bread advert music tbh, enjoy the championship and hope you stay down there you brummy mugs.

:lol:

They should wear broon shirts.

:lol: Spot on

Not quite spot on, I'd think they'd run out to this music.

Sherwood has come out and said that this relegation business is never going to happen again under him as manager, assuming they can get out of it this year. I almost want them to stay up just to watch the exact same fucking scenario unfold next year :lol:

Sherwood has come out and said that this relegation business is never going to happen again under him as manager, assuming they can get out of it this year. I almost want them to stay up just to watch the exact same fucking scenario unfold next year :lol:

I'd be ok with them going down then getting stuck in a relegation mire next season again mind

Actually yeah, now that you mention it, that's the winning scenario right there.

I find Sherwood depressingly watchable though, he comes out with such utter bollocks about 'his record' and how 'he lined everything up for Pocchetino', etc, etc. Eventually it's all going to come back to show him up, and I want to make sure I don't miss it when it does.

'[West Brom] are a good little club, it just wasnt right for me, and it wasnt right for them. Im very happy to be at a massive club now.'

The gift that keeps on giving.

Edited by ewerk

''When I left home my missus said Ive done the EuroMillions - the jackpot is £54million. I told here that Id prefer to take the three points''

I wouldn't tire of feeding that man into a wood chipper

Aston Villa won a Premier League match last night. After two defeats to Stoke (h) and Newcastle (a), Tim Sherwood managed to win his first game as Villa manager thanks to a last-minute penalty from Christian Benteke (ably assisted by a horrendous late clusterf**k from Ben Foster). Sherwood now has three points and three goals from his three matches in charge.

So how do the papers gently deal with the fortunate manner of this victory, and Sherwood's new win rate of 33%? Like he's won the bloody league, that's how.

'Tim Sherwood finally sparked struggling Aston Villa into life' say The Sun. They also opt for a second headline of 'Tim For A Party'. Because there is no better cause for a party than three points from three games.

'You begin to believe Tim Sherwood on a night like this,' writes Laurie Whitwell in the Daily Mail. 'The Aston Villa manager has been unrelenting in his positivity and found a dramatic late victory that turned the mood in an instant'. Mediawatch would say that the victory was more handed, or upended, to him by Foster, but that's just us.

The top of MailOnline's sport homepage (as of 11am) reads 'Alive and kicking! Sherwood is a bundle of energy as Villa boss says a prayer and then takes his pulse after dramatic derby win'. It sits above four photos of Sherwood in different poses.

Finally, Sam Wallace in the Independent reached peak Tim-mania: 'It was a Sherwoodian night of high emotion on the touchline: triumph, despair and then finally triumph.'

Sod Christian Benteke, sod Gabriel Agbonlahor (who scored the other goal), sod the other players, sod Ben Foster's error, sod the two previous defeats. Sod everything else entirely - it really is all about Tim.

A reminder: Aston Villa actually have some quite good players and Sherwood has taken three points from three matches. Mediawatch looks forward to him being canonised when Villa finish 17th.