Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Has Sky got it set up so that you can pay on a match by match basis yet? I always thought that they lost out there. People like me would happily pay 5 or 6 quid to watch a match in full quality, but I'm sure as shit not going to subscribe to the network just to occasionally watch us play.

Has Sky got it set up so that you can pay on a match by match basis yet? I always thought that they lost out there. People like me would happily pay 5 or 6 quid to watch a match in full quality, but I'm sure as shit not going to subscribe to the network just to occasionally watch us play.

Surely they'd prefer to have you tied down to a contract?

And if that transpired you'd see the same kind of imbalance in TV money in the Prem as you see in La Liga, as Man Utd, Liverpool et al would get a shit ton of viewers and nobody would tune in for sunderland v Burnley.

Surely they'd prefer to have you tied down to a contract?

Of course, but they're not going to get me tied down to a contract, so why not make the extra? I do appreciate ewerk's point but all they'd have to do is find the sweet spot in terms of pricing to make sure that anyone who wanted to watch regular football was far better off getting the subscription.

Of course, but they're not going to get me tied down to a contract, so why not make the extra? I do appreciate ewerk's point but all they'd have to do is find the sweet spot in terms of pricing to make sure that anyone who wanted to watch regular football was far better off getting the subscription.

They're losing viewers to a free service, what price would entice them back? They need to find a way to secure their broadcasts against streaming.

Quality would be a factor. Look, I stream and I'd be prepared to pay for single one off matches, rather than stream, is all I'm saying. Maybe I'm an extreme minority of people for whom convenience is more important that price though.

Edited by Rayvin

The biggest issue is of course the restrictions on broadcasting live football 3-5pm on a saturday. As long as that restricts UK viewers from watching live tv on a Saturday afternoon, but non-domestic markets have the stream there'll be UK residents viewing it through the stream. 

And if they've got working streams for the 3pm kick offs, why would they pay for the lunch and evening kick offs?

The biggest issue is of course the restrictions on broadcasting live football 3-5pm on a saturday. As long as that restricts UK viewers from watching live tv on a Saturday afternoon, but non-domestic markets have the stream there'll be UK residents viewing it through the stream. 

And if they've got working streams for the 3pm kick offs, why would they pay for the lunch and evening kick offs?

Who are these people that can spend their entire Saturday afternoon, lunch to evening, uninterrupted by life? :lol:

There's basically no way to stop the streaming other than to stop offering 3pm matches abroad, and looking at what that's worth to them, it's not happening.

Given that, I think we'll end up with 3pm matches offered in the UK within a few years due to streaming's popularity.

I'm surprised that you still cant buy a season ticket for a clubs matches tbh, can you imagine how match newcastle could have made these season?

The worry will always be, 'why would people pay £600 for a season ticket if they can pay £200-300 to watch every game at home'

The worry will always be, 'why would people pay £600 for a season ticket if they can pay £200-300 to watch every game at home'

If they show every game and every fan pays only to watch their own club then the money those fans pay goes mostly to the clubs they watch.

If all fans pay into a pool and only a few clubs a week get money from the pool, then there's an audience of millions for Stoke v Bournemouth that would otherwise be thousands.

Most of us will pay to watch man u v Liverpool. No way would any of us subscribe to eithers dedicated channel.

Watching this Man City v Southampton game and the commentary is ridiculous, the commentators are so clearly desperate for Man City to come back and win it's not even funny. When Iheanacho leveled I thought the bloke had just spaffed in his pants, then afterwards talking about how that is just "what city are all about". Now anytime they come forward he's so excited and Silva just shot directly at the keeper "that is just David Silva", fuck off man.

Edited by Howay

• Guest locked this topic