Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

They're going for Pearson aren't they?

Seems an odd time to do it. What's the new man going to do? They can get 37pts, maximum. Unless they want the new man to see which players he wants shot of in the summer. I'd imagine the ones he wants to go will be the ones who're wanting to go anyway.

They will get him in now to plan for the championship. Get a closer look at who he wants to keep/sell and have a full summer ahead of him. Makes sense tbh, the exact opposite of what Ashley would do

Aye, but if it's someone like Pearson it doesn't scream "building for the future".

They'd be better off using this relegation to clean house and start afresh.

Why not? He's done rebuild jobs before, has a pretty strong track record in the Championship and is the sort of person who'll ditch all their lazy wasters. Seems like a decent enough fit.

He's done so at unfashionable clubs, (laying a solid foundation) but isn't the man to take a big club back to relevance.

They've not been near relevance since Atkinson though.

True, but if Southampton can lurch back into the Premier League and have genuine tilts at Europe, then I'm sure a club like Aston Villa can. For all their faults (and they are legion) they're still a big club who can trade on their history and fame much more than a club like Swansea or Stoke.

True, but if Southampton can lurch back into the Premier League and have genuine tilts at Europe, then I'm sure a club like Aston Villa can. For all their faults (and they are legion) they're still a big club who can trade on their history and fame much more than a club like Swansea or Stoke.

Aye but they have been shite for years (longer than us) and they have an owner who wants nothing to do with them. I think chances are they need to accept a manager who can just steady the ship and get them heading back in the right direction before they can think about getting back to relevance.

That American I record the podcast with sent out a message asking if anyone wanted to try and get tickets for whichever is the game Leicester clinch the title...

Now, I'm not averse to watching other teams, I used to watch AFC Wimbledon a lot, even saw them promoted twice. Once at the Etihad. But I cannot understand travelling to leicester (or with leicester fans) to watch them lift the Premier League trophy when my team is, in all likelihood, relegated to the Championship.

He says "A win for Leicester is a win for everyone". I'm not sure Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool feel that way. I'm fairly certain Leicester winning the title isn't a win for Villa, for Newcastle or for sunderland either.

That American I record the podcast with sent out a message asking if anyone wanted to try and get tickets for whichever is the game Leicester clinch the title...

Now, I'm not averse to watching other teams, I used to watch AFC Wimbledon a lot, even saw them promoted twice. Once at the Etihad. But I cannot understand travelling to leicester (or with leicester fans) to watch them lift the Premier League trophy when my team is, in all likelihood, relegated to the Championship.

He says "A win for Leicester is a win for everyone". I'm not sure Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool feel that way. I'm fairly certain Leicester winning the title isn't a win for Villa, for Newcastle or for sunderland either.

sounds like a right knacker tbf.

So he wants to deprive an actual Leicester fan of a ticket to see their team lift the PL trophy in one of the greatest upsets in modern football? Seems like a good lad alright.

This whole Maxi Lopez/Mauro Icardi feud is getting weird. Basically Icardi started dating Lopez's missus when they were going through a rough patch, leading her to divorce Lopez and marry Icardi not long after. Icardi now has the names of Lopez's 3 kids tattooed in massive letters across his arm :lol:

I want them to win it, but will I fuck watch them lift the trophy. Not even on telly, never mind travel to the ground.

Your mate just wants to experience Ly-sester.

Just reminded me of an American I once met who thought Loughborough was pronounced Loo-gah-ba-roo-gah

This whole Maxi Lopez/Mauro Icardi feud is getting weird. Basically Icardi started dating Lopez's missus when they were going through a rough patch, leading her to divorce Lopez and marry Icardi not long after. Icardi now has the names of Lopez's 3 kids tattooed in massive letters across his arm :lol:

Who? What? And why am I reading this?

:lol:

• Guest locked this topic