Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Difficult to being that boring and that much of a prick at the same time

But I found it's worth really working at

£272m alone has been spent on making it suitable for football. :lol:

Fuck me!

Are West Ham "worth" £272m?

(just checked Forbes, they say £309m)

I don't think you see many articles like that from Newcastle journalists (and I use that word in it's loosest sense) in the same way as there aren't many threads on here about the tramps. As always they have a chip on their shoulder about us and we care a lot less about them.

Tbf it's a mint story

20 something bloke making medical splints in a factory. Gets done for fighting and put on a tag whilst playing for a non league team.

Fast forward a few years and he's worked his way up to Leicester. Times aren't great though, he can't score for toffee and they are as good as down with 10 points from 17 games at Xmas time

18 months later Leicester win the title, Vardy is the leagues top scorer, he's had an England call up, scored one of the best goals I've seen for his country and is off to the Euro's

Is beyond Roy of the Rovers stuff :D

It's a great story, not sure how it'll play as a film though. Goal wasn't much cop, was it?

Certainly has the drama before the finale now though, with his sending off and potentially missing more games because of the way he had a go at the ref afterwards.

#Narrative!

• Guest locked this topic