Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

I've been saying for a while that the conviction seemed a bit dodgy to me.

I saw it as him/them definitely acting like complete cunts but I wasn't sure it was rape.

Everything I read about it sounded canny rapey, but who knows what the new evidence is that's come to light.

This tbh shagging a lass who doesn't know about it is rape. People think it has to be violent or the lass has to give a resounding NO. If you sneak into a hotel room and pretend to be someone else it's still rape.

However if it turns out that's not what happened then it's a shame for the lad.

I can't fucking stand Arsenal fans, holding up 'Wenger out' signs ffs. It must be so fucking hard coming top 4 every year, they're probably going to finish 3rd this year what a bunch of whiney cunts they are man. Genuinely hope they fall to pieces when he eventually leaves, saying that they'd probably just go and pretend they're Spurs fans.

How long til Johnson's sister tries to equate the 2 cases

Totally unrelated, but I was in the queue at my local pharmacy at teatime, saw these and thought of you.

JmM8x8Y.jpg

Wibble

I can't fucking stand Arsenal fans, holding up 'Wenger out' signs ffs. It must be so fucking hard coming top 4 every year, they're probably going to finish 3rd this year what a bunch of whiney cunts they are man. Genuinely hope they fall to pieces when he eventually leaves, saying that they'd probably just go and pretend they're Spurs fans.

Nowt has changed at Arsenal in a decade, the same things are failing season after season with the same people in charge happy just to be treading water with no real end in sight. They're similar to us, just their expectations are a bit higher.

Nowt has changed at Arsenal in a decade, the same things are failing season after season with the same people in charge happy just to be treading water with no real end in sight. They're similar to us, just their expectations are a bit higher.

He has bought good players, they just are unlucky with injuries at times. They've also won the FA cup the last two seasons, so basically their objections are they're not quite good enough to win the league (and haven't been for a while) and they're not good enough to win the CL (but do decent in it most years until they come up against Barca). Sorry like I've got no time for them moaning about him, they also play decent to watch football most of the time.

He has bought good players, they just are unlucky with injuries at times. They've also won the FA cup the last two seasons, so basically their objections are they're not quite good enough to win the league (and haven't been for a while) and they're not good enough to win the CL (but do decent in it most years until they come up against Barca). Sorry like I've got no time for them moaning about him, they also play decent to watch football most of the time.

You could also say ( pre this season obviously) that we shouldn't complain as we're in the premier league and the likes of Leeds and Sheffield Wedsnesday aren't. It's about expectation more than anything.

1200 quid for a season ticket at the Emirates doesn't entitle you to a thing tbh but it does concentrate the mind I imagine. I'd say it's difficult for anyone to properly judge how it feels as a gooner unless you're stumping up the cash and watching their board being happy with 3rd/4th and the odd cup. In a season where Leicester or, in a way even worse, Spurs are going to win the league, it must be driving them around the bend.

You could also say ( pre this season obviously) that we shouldn't complain as we're in the premier league and the likes of Leeds and Sheffield Wedsnesday aren't. It's about expectation more than anything.

1200 quid for a season ticket at the Emirates doesn't entitle you to a thing tbh but it does concentrate the mind I imagine. I'd say it's difficult for anyone to properly judge how it feels as a gooner unless you're stumping up the cash and watching their board being happy with 3rd/4th and the odd cup. In a season where Leicester or, in a way even worse, Spurs are going to win the league, it must be driving them around the bend.

Fair enough if you feel that way about them but I'm happy enough to judge having had a number of Arsenal fans (as well as fans of plenty of clubs) give me shit about Robson getting 'hounded out'.

The fact is it takes a good amount of effort to come 3rd/4th (as the drop off of Chelsea and Man Utd have shown) it's not all that similar to our lot doing the bare minimum to simply stay in the league imo, they've had to buy players like Ozil, Sanchez etc whereas our lot have tried to avoid buying unless they had too in recent years. Every fan in the country can have a moan about Leicester if they win the league to be fair, and Spurs have had to suffer years of what Arsenal fans seem to be moaning about except a few places lower in the league before having a shot at what Arsenal do most seasons (mount a challenge).

Like I say if you're willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that's fair enough but personally I think they're just being a bit pathetic. Look at the grief we got for wanting rid of Pardew after watching a few years of utter shite football and listening to his drivel, Arsenal fans seem to be skating by without much bother from the media.

Completely agree re the media, but its not the Arsenal fans to blame for any agenda the slugs from the press have. I think the similarity is in two systems set up with no real ambition to achieve above the level the clubs are at. Wenger keeps buying dainty no. 10s who are lovely footballers but won't buy a Gattuso type or a centre half to replace that German cart horse. As you say our system is completely different but amounts to the same thing; treading water, and ultimately in our case, falling below the surface completely.

He does have a tendency to buy flair players, this Elneny bloke is a bit of a departure mind so maybe he sees the need for a bit more steel. I get the comparison you're making I think I just quite like the idea of having a pop at Arsenal fans :lol:.

I do genuinely think they're being harsh on Wenger though, I understand they may be a bit bored of coming 3rd/4th but it's a real achievement from Wenger to manage that and they get a hell of a lot more to cheer about than the majority of football supporters.

Spurs are going to win the league, it must be driving them around the bend.

Will this not be the first time that Spurs will finish above them in the Premier League? That is probably the more relevant point to Arsenal fans, rather like the "top dog trophy" stuff from the makems

Isn't it all about expectations (not in a pejorative way)? Yes, Newcastle (or Spurs or Everton) would be delighted to consistently be playing in the Champions League or getting an FA Cup every other year, but Arsenal have the resources, the stadia, most of the players, to be able to challenge for the title and should be able to win it as well as any cup trophies they fancy. If they consistently were missing out because they were bereft of funds, or they just frankly weren't good enough, that'd be fine, but it's the same hurdles that they should be clearing that trip them up.

They have needed a top class defensive midfielder, and a top-rate centre back (and perhaps a different type of striker). They can both afford and attract them, so why haven't they bought them? Wenger's intransigence and arrogance (perhaps) means they'll spend c£80m on 2 world class attacking midfielders, when that side of their game isn't exactly weak. And while Ozil and Sanchez are incredible players, they've not been the difference between 4th & the title. I know it's generally fruitless to make hypothetical comparisons, but if they'd spent that money on players like Kante and Chiellini/Bonucci/Godin they'd be a much better team.

Their anger is seeing wasted potential, seeing mistakes being repeated every year and clubs around them making ground every season. Especially galling will be Tottenham's change from relegation candidates in 08/09 to genuine and worthy title candidates in 7 years.

I understand their frustrations, but fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Isn't it all about expectations (not in a pejorative way)? Yes, Newcastle (or Spurs or Everton) would be delighted to consistently be playing in the Champions League or getting an FA Cup every other year, but Arsenal have the resources, the stadia, most of the players, to be able to challenge for the title and should be able to win it as well as any cup trophies they fancy. If they consistently were missing out because they were bereft of funds, or they just frankly weren't good enough, that'd be fine, but it's the same hurdles that they should be clearing that trip them up.

They have needed a top class defensive midfielder, and a top-rate centre back (and perhaps a different type of striker). They can both afford and attract them, so why haven't they bought them? Wenger's intransigence and arrogance (perhaps) means they'll spend c£80m on 2 world class attacking midfielders, when that side of their game isn't exactly weak. And while Ozil and Sanchez are incredible players, they've not been the difference between 4th & the title. I know it's generally fruitless to make hypothetical comparisons, but if they'd spent that money on players like Kante and Chiellini/Bonucci/Godin they'd be a much better team.

Their anger is seeing wasted potential, seeing mistakes being repeated every year and clubs around them making ground every season. Especially galling will be Tottenham's change from relegation candidates in 08/09 to genuine and worthy title candidates in 7 years.

I understand their frustrations, but fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

There's a reluctance to spend money at the club and I'm not so sure it's just Wenger. The board obviously don't want to spend big and bringing in a new manager might not change that

You're bang on what you've said though

There's a reluctance to spend money at the club and I'm not so sure it's just Wenger. The board obviously don't want to spend big and bringing in a new manager might not change that

You're bang on what you've said though

Even if it apparently tiny?

• Guest locked this topic