Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

FIFA's ethics judge ([emoji38]) has just resigned after being named in the Panama Papers.

:lol: I'm surprised he didn't launch a FIFA investigation into himself and then declare himself completely in the clear, I've not really been keeping up on it but wasn't the new head of FIFA names or in some way linked to the Panama Papers as well? At least they're consistent in their questionable morality.

You got me, it was a massive lie so I could attempt to impress some random people on the internet I'll never meet.

I already said about half my answers were guesses.

Why is it a trick question?....I got 45, should've got a few more...

I knew Cuba took part in the 1938 World Cup so that was my answer, but it turns out all the other teams in the North American qualification withdrew, so technically they didn't (have to) qualify for it. It's a bit mean-spirited to include them as a wrong answer though.

Plus there's the secondary gripe that Haiti isn't a Caribbean island, it's one of two nations on a Caribbean island (Hispaniola). I realise it's just poor wording but these things *matter*, dammit.

I realise this is probably why pub quizmasters hate me. :D

You got me, it was a massive lie so I could attempt to impress some random people on the internet I'll never meet.

I already said about half my answers were guesses.

I guess this settles who the most knowledgeable is then! You're like the anti-CT.

Gloom the one to beat...

Even with guessing my effort was pretty dismal in comparison :lol:

I knew Cuba took part in the 1938 World Cup so that was my answer, but it turns out all the other teams in the North American qualification withdrew, so technically they didn't (have to) qualify for it. It's a bit mean-spirited to include them as a wrong answer though.

Plus there's the secondary gripe that Haiti isn't a Caribbean island, it's one of two nations on a Caribbean island (Hispaniola). I realise it's just poor wording but these things *matter*, dammit.

I realise this is probably why pub quizmasters hate me. :D

:lol: that's the sort of pedantry that pub quiz legends are made of

• Guest locked this topic