Adam Armstrong

Anorthernsoul

I'd like to see the lad get a chance but it doesn't seem like he will seeing as he didn't get on the pitch for the cup game or the game against Brighton. I just read that they might still loan him out again, I suppose the lad's only 19 so will only be 23 at the end of the 4 year deal he just signed so there's plenty of time. 

Talent obviously matters more than height, it's easier to make it as a bigger player as that physical edge can get players by (Sissoko being an example of this tbh). The English leagues are physical but I think it just means shorter players have to be stocky/have a good centre of gravity, like Aguero is unless they are phenomenal technically like Silva. 5' 8" isn't all that short anyway mind, I'm surprised he's that tall as he never looked it when I've seen him come on in the past unless he grew a little bit which I guess is possible at his age.

Edited by Howay

Have a mate who's a Coventry fan and thought he was the bee's knees. He's never really had a proper runout for us, but I'd probably give him to another (non-rival) Championship team til Jan. Then we'll have more of an idea as to whether he's cut out for this division.

I've always felt that you need to have more ability if you're small than you do if you're bigger.  I think this why most of the average players have more size about them.  Clearly if you have the talent it doesn't matter if you're big or small.  Many players over the years have proved that.  None more so than Messi.

I don't know whether Armstrong has the ability or not.  I know he scored some very good goals for Coventry in league one last season so I'm confident there's some sort of player there.  Until he gets a chance higher up the league we're never going to know how good he can be.  There's some talk today about him going to Rotherham on loan and that sounds ideal to me.  If he can do well there I'll be more confident we can have a good player on our hands.

Good move. They're currently above us in the table having scored 12 goals already. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us when they pip us to second ;) More likely he'll be useful in nicking more goals for them against our other rivals.

They've had a great start but they're one of the favourites for relegation.  Obviously Leicester showed last season that anything can happen, but I'd expect them to fall away pretty quickly.  Think this is a great move for him tbh.

Hopefully he scores one like that past the utter tramps Villa the match after we pump them 3-0.

If he can show he can still get amongst the goals at this level like he did the level below I think Rafa will have a good problem picking out of him and Gayle.