West Ham United v Newcastle United 14/9/15 20:00 KO (On Sky)

Haydnator

Sissoko needs dropped into a deeper role, not necessarily a defensive role but just to stop him being one of our front 3 as he's useless when we're counting on him to change a game as he needs movement ahead of him and he rarely takes the ball past anyone now.

Pardew made him believe he's some attacking marvel when he's not, on the wing or attacking midfield are both false positions for him.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sissoko needs dropped into a deeper role, not necessarily a defensive role but just to stop him being one of our front 3 as he's useless when we're counting on him to change a game as he needs movement ahead of him and he rarely takes the ball past anyone now.

Pardew made him believe he's some attacking marvel when he's not, on the wing or attacking midfield are both false positions for him.

If he's not an attacking midfielder wtf is he then?....try not trot out any phrase that includes the words "box", "to" or "box" either...

CO9BhnRUAAEn4Lt.png

I'd rather have Colback who gets involved more and tries to go forward more than Anita who is less involved and plays it backwards more when he does receive the ball, even when his pass completion is better.

Anita sits deeper though so obviously Colback is going to get more involved going forward.

Anita sits deeper though so obviously Colback is going to get more involved going forward.

Aye, obviously, that doesn't preclude Anita from being more involved in his deeper role though. But he's not. He tackles less & loses more of the tackles he attempts. Our top 4 passers are Colback, Haidara, Mbemba & Coloccini so if Anita is supposed to be the deeper sitting player he's less often the one picking up the ball as we play out from defense and playing the simpler passes forward from deep.

He's a Powerhouse Centre Mid, like Kouyate at West Ham, Fernandinho at City and Diame at Hull. Janmaat pretty much is patrolling that right hand side himself, getting backwards and forwards and if you play Sissoko behind the striker he gets lost as he doesn't know how to make space for himself.

I agree with a lot of that tbh but, despite on the face of it possessing formidable physical assets, Moussa is a fuckin pansy. He's the anti-Tiote, who is who we actually need in there, preferably fit and motivated.

I agree with a lot of that tbh but, despite on the face of it possessing formidable physical assets, Moussa is a fuckin pansy. He's the anti-Tiote, who is who we actually need in there, preferably fit and motivated.

I'd like to see him play alongside Tiote with Wijnaldum ahead of him or in a midfield 3. As having him on the wing takes the place of Perez or Aarons who are both a million miles more effective than him

I think McClaren will make changes for the next match, as that was by a mile the worst performance we've had so far. McClaren surely knows that and will take action to try and fix things now.

As for changes, Thauvin was horrible, but I get the feeling he's going to be an inconsistent player until, hopefully, he improves with experience. I hope McClaren doesn't take the easy option by making him the scapegoat, after only two matches.

One of Anita or Colback needs a break. Don't mind which. I think playing Sissoko in the middle, with Perez out wide on the right is an option. Or give someone else a go and give Sissoko a break until he can resume his bi-yearly bid for a transfer to Arsenal in the January window.

As for other ideas. I don't think there are many really. Outside of Perez, I don't think we have any good, match fit, options off the bench. Not sure why Tiote hasn't been playing. There must be an issue there. De Jong is super-crocked, so fuck him, he's not an option.

Can't see the difference between Thauvin and Cabella. Although, Cabella did at least try harder defensively.

Can't imagine him doing this either

hatem-ben-arfa-o.gif

Both. Him and Thauvin. Thauvin especially as he hasn't really got a burst of pace so cutting in from the right is more suited.

Wijnaldum beside Tiote, de Jong in the No.10, Aarons on the left, Thauvin on the right, Perez up top.

Sorted.

Wijnaldum beside Tiote, de Jong in the No.10, Aarons on the left, Thauvin on the right, Perez up top.

Sorted.

It's still one up top it doesn't work for us 2 wingers & 2 up top is what we need.

It's still one up top it doesn't work for us 2 wingers & 2 up top is what we need.

One up top doesn't work with a stationary poacher like Cisse. It'll work with either a mobile front 3 of Aarons, Perez and (hopefully) Thauvin, or a player you can pivot around like Mitrovic (hopefully).

The former means your "striker" and the wide men are pulling defenders around with them, hopefully freeing space for their team mates. Works best if we're playing possession football with a patient build up and lots of movement.

The latter needs the pivot to hold up the ball and lay it off to overlapping team mates.

Cisse doesn't get himself into space to receive the ball and doesn't keep the ball when he does get on the end of a pass.

It's not the system that's at fault imo, it's the players. Trouble is, I'm not sure we've the players to try 4-4-2, maybe 4-3-1-2?

That's fair enough mate but I'd still like to see how we played with a couple of wingers and 2 in the box a bit like the old days I know but I think that would be more effective for us

I'd agree if we had the players for it, but we just don't. We'd need 2 wingers and a top class central midfield partnership. Given most teams play with 3 in the centre we'd get over-run without a truly dominant defensively minded midfielder, and a partner for him who can pick the passes.

Even then I'm not sure we'd be able to go 20 minutes without conceding and I'm sure there'd be games where we'd go 20 minutes without seeing the ball.

No need to get disapointed with the likes of Thauvin yet when those that have been here for years played the way they did on Monday.

:dunno:

Just don't yet see what he offers in the Premier League.

With Cabella and Ben Arfa I could see early doors the promise.

We need to throw everything at Watford attack from the first whistle 3 points are a must. As we know next up in the Premiership for us are Chelsea & Man City although Chelsea haven't had the best of starts I still think they'll be too much for us . We may have to wait until Norwich (game 9) to pick up points that's a lot of ground to make up that's why 3 points & attacking football are essential on Saturday

a 4-3-2-1 could work, if he mixes the starting line up a bit

if we're going to continue with cisse up top, i reckon we need to find a way to get a second striker playing much closer to him, so a 4-4-2 of sorts could work.