West Ham United v Newcastle United 14/9/15 20:00 KO (On Sky)

Haydnator

No pattern as far as I can see. This game was characterised by West Ham playing on the break, not us sitting back and inviting pressure. We have consistently lacked a goal threat up front all season and it looks like it's an issue.

The pattern is the constant failure with his tactics, there's a reason we are bottom of the league having only scored twice.

West Ham's defence that started the game are chronically slow, starting with Aarons and Perez would have exploited that.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No positives from tonight. Not one. McClaren has to change things next weekend.

Can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching us :lol:

This is what I don't get. We've been struggling for goals but instead of changing it up he starts exactly the same players and formation. Got to ring the changes next match. Start Aarons and Perez. Or give De Jong a go alongside Cisse. He's got to try something or he's going to have the fans on his back. Ashley will be less of a target this time because he actually invested some money for once.

I didn't think Haidara was as bad as people are making out, certainly no goal scorer but i thought he did okay. Definitely not the worst player.

He had some competition, I'll give you that.

I didn't think Haidara was as bad as people are making out, certainly no goal scorer but i thought he did okay. Definitely not the worst

player.

Totally agree. It seems like Haidara is the new Goufran of this season. I.e let's make it out that everything is his fault!

Haidara is fucking crap. Was at fault for the second (admittedly it was a team effort but he could have just stayed on his feet and give Moses a slight degree of difficulty) but in general his play has been shit all season, regularly out of position defensively and constantly ruins attacking moves.

Most said we needed a left back all summer and watching him struggle every week is going to get increasingly frustrating (alongside our pedestrian attacking build ups).

Colback :jonas: How long before the booing. How this player even makes the starting 11 is brilliant. 2-0 down and he was keeping Collocini company :)

So...you watched the entire game?

Wow. That's dedication to the cause, right there.

Are you sure you're not actually a Newcastle fan? I think you might be...

Haidara is fucking crap. Was at fault for the second (admittedly it was a team effort but he could have just stayed on his feet and give Moses a slight degree of difficulty) but in general his play has been shit all season, regularly out of position defensively and constantly ruins attacking moves.

Most said we needed a left back all summer and watching him struggle every week is going to get increasingly frustrating (alongside our pedestrian attacking build ups).

Yep, we're stuck with Haidara until at least January. Shame really. That said, hopefully McClaren is learning from all of this.

But its as if he is doing it on purpose now. Get the ball then play the mosy easy unimaginative pass available and even mess it up. Its brilliant :)

:lol: Aye it's a lot like watching Cattermole clatter into players for no reason whatsoever, giving away penalties and free kicks all over the place. No idea why you're on here btw your lot are fucking tragic as well and have played far worse teams than our useless lot.

:lol: Aye it's a lot like watching Cattermole clatter into players for no reason whatsoever, giving away penalties and free kicks all over the place. No idea why you're on here btw your lot are fucking tragic as well and have played far worse teams than our useless lot.

He's on here because he thinks we are brilliant.

Utter utter wank. West Ham went in to second gear second half after they went 2-0 up. I have to say we look like we have 10 men when Anita and Colback are playing in the same team. Colback normally gets booked then realises he can't put a tackle in no more cos he'll be off. Depressingly wank that. Absolute imperative that de Jong, Aarons and Perez start against Watford.

Worst of all tonight was Cisse. I honestly think that was his worst game for the toon. Seemed to lack interest and when the ball did come to him he was scarily shite.

Edited by McFaul

I had concerns about the hiring of the brolly-boy and now my concerns are being accelerated.

4 new signings of supposedly talented players but things don't seem to have changed.

Why did McClaren start Cisse?

Why did he play him for 90 minutes?

Why didn't he take him off at half-time?

Couldn't he see he was ineffectual?

Why did he start Anita instead of DeJong?

Why didn't he start Perez instead of Cisse?

Why did he start Thauvin on the left side?

Is he a left-sided player?

Didn't he play on the right last game?

Why wait so long before putting Aarons on?

That match was absolutely depressing, like much of last season.

Wait till the faithful are booing the ginger pirlo :) wont be long , its gathering momentum