Newcastle Utd V Watford / 3pm KO // SJP

Anorthernsoul

Fully agree on Charnley being responsible for this - the guy is paid £100k a year. The CEO of the company that I work for, a company that turns over a mere £2m a year, is on more than that.

You get what you pay for, and we're paying nothing for the most important job in the organisation.

You look at what swansea are doing and really do wonder.

Player turned manager who turns out to be really pretty good, wouldn't happen to us.

Went and signed Gomis and Ayew, both of whom we have actively persued and failed to sign in the past, among others and they're bloody flying having spent much much less than us.

We're just a poorly run club, from a football perspective, and that is down to Charnley/Ashley, not our managers, not our scouts or even our players because, at the end of the day, those 2 fuckers are respoonsible for all the rest being here.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be on a decent wedge and we would have paid compensation for him in January so I wouldn't say that he was appointed to save money either.

I don't believe we would have paid compensation in January. I believe we could have offered Pardew what he's getting at Palace and retained his services, but we've chosen to pay McClaren less than that.

Maybe's we're reaping what we didn't sow over the last few windows ok we may have spent £50 million in the summer. But it looks like we've spent that just to stay as we were last season. I understand there has to be time for the manager, players etc to bed in. But as somebody pointed out yesterday including pre season & the cup game McClaren has been in charge for 14 games. Now this is were there should be cause for concern we've only won 3 games. Gateshead (1-0 penalty) Sacramento (1-0 own goal) Northampton 4-1 division 2 side) we have 2 points from a possible 18 & we're unlikely to get anything from our next 2 games. How much longer do we have to wait to see us get points and get out of the bottom 3. I can see this turning in to a similar season as the last one unless McClaren realises that 1 up top definitely doesn't work Coloccini isn't a leader/captain or even a decent player & if we don't start playing attacking football & score goals we will be relegated this season. Sorry to be so negative but that's how I see things at the minute I really do hope McClaren has some magic formula to turn things round but on the current showing I'm not to confident.

"Points prediction after 10 games"

With no points expected against either Chelsea or Man City. As depressing as it sounds I can only see us getting a couple of draws against Norwich & Sunderland if McClaren insists on 1 up top. That would leave us on a grand total of just 4 points after 10 games surely we're not that bad are we ?

Edited by trooper

Can't see why we persist with that like. There was nowt coming down the left, even when we had two left wingers on the flank and then when Janmaat went down with cramp (after doing all of that lazy fucker Sissoko's work), there was absolutely no other source of danger. I don't think it's so much the one striker up top (though, no matter who it is, Cisse, Perez, Mitrovic, they are very isolated), I think it's the system as a whole. It seems to be susceptible to the counter attack and very one-dimensional. Once again, we just get undone by the basics and can't seem to implement them ourselves. Take their closing down on the edge of their area against ours, for instance.

When McClaren talked about changes, I was hoping we'd see a different system, not just a shuffling of the pieces in which Sissoko is, somehow, undroppable.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione