Manchester City v Newcastle United 3/10/15 15:00 ko

Haydnator

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it's because Mitrovic 'elbowed' Otamendi when he was actually just putting his arm across him. Yep, there'd be questions in Parliament about a strong striker playing as a target man shielding the ball from a defender. What a wanker Keys is.

Oh aye I remember that non incident, Mitrovic's arm was extended to shield the ball and it grazed Otamendi's neck, Otamendi a 6ft+ bearded, tatooed man proceeded to go down clutching his eye.

I can't be arsed posting screenshots but basically 2 of the goals were Colo's fault and 2 were Janmaat's for being way out of position/ball watching.

Colo is shot and needs replacing in January, and I don't care how good Janmaat is when attacking if we keep conceding down the left wing. He needs to defend as his first priority

Agreed, regardless of what is in front of Janmaat.

With a little research you can easily find out if a fullback can defend.Think back to Winterburn and Dixon at Arsenal.Neither were any good at attacking but both could defend.If you have two fullbacks who cannot defend you will never have a good defence,no matter whether you have two holding players or not.Put Colo in a defence with two shit defenders at fullback and you end up with a defence like ours.Now if you complete your defence with Iron Mike ..........

I can't be arsed posting screenshots but basically 2 of the goals were Colo's fault and 2 were Janmaat's for being way out of position/ball watching.

Colo is shot and needs replacing in January, and I don't care how good Janmaat is when attacking if we keep conceding down the left wing. He needs to defend as his first priority

Surely two were Mbembas fault as well or are we being blind to this at the moment?

Edited by Holden McGroin

Am telling you man, the last two games we've seen the green shoots of mediocre, mid-table security. Old Greenthumbs McClaren will be getting his watering can out this week.

076221138b913778c602324a391bf052.gif

Surely two were Mbembas fault as well or are we being blind to this at the moment?

Certainly one of them was his fault. He's impressed me so far but that doesn't change the fact he was at fault and part of a defence that absolutely collapsed on Saturday.