Feminazis

Park Life

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greer often comes across as a bit of a dull attention-seeker. But when she's not trying too hard to shock she's usually spot on.

I can sort of see her argument that surgery and hormones don't necessarily make someone a "real" woman but I think it dismisses the fact it makes them "happy".

It makes me happy that these po faced ladies are carrying on their shrieking protests half way round the world. It's as tedious as listening to Alex Salmond whingeing on endlessly. Knock yourselves out sisters.

Fwiw, I think HF is a good guy. I enjoy his articles that he posts on here non-stop. ;)

HF: My original point was that criticism of ideas is a good thing, yet debate about sensitive topics is increasingly difficult to find. I feel like the expression of balanced opinion is being drowned out by 'social-justice warriors', who, in lieu of adopting a defensible position of their own, deflect and run interference with low-brow bullshit.

I'm not saying that's what you do/did in the Saudi thread. I was joking.

We cool?

Always :dances:

I agree criticism of ideas is a good thing. And that debate is stifled by low brow, defensive bullshit. I just don't see that running interference like that is the remit of the 'social justice warrior' alone though.

In this instance a "feminazi" has set up a petition to ban a speech. University speechifying should never be banned, but calling for a ban has done more to stimulate actual debate of the issue for this lass than just taking to facebook and having a little moan among like-minded friends. You would hope that there's no chance in hell of the speech being cancelled, but Greer's cause has widespread popularity already, pointedly hitching your cause to her wagon and stifling her speech to amplify the little heard cause of transgender issues has been effective, if rude.

The primary example of an issue where free speech is stifled, where universities pull speakers and most lobbying money is spent on keeping facts away from the debate is Gaza where the Israel lobby have successfully limited the debate to either agreement with them or anti-semitism. They're hardly social justice warriors.

She reckons men can't really be turned into women by surgery or summink...

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/oct/23/petition-urges-cardiff-university-to-cancel-germain-greer-lecture

Its completely ridiculous. If I was a man wanting to be a woman or vice versa I'd just top myself. Total waste of time.

Toontl attacks, is swatted aside by HF who frankly saw the colonial coming, then toontl starts grovelling. That's not what this forum is about toontl, time to up your game ya dirty great jessie :cuppa:

:lol: Interesting take away.

This country's most famous woman is Margaret Thatcher.

Does that say more about men than women? Should she have just topped herself as Stevie prescribes?

She's not like.

Oh aye.

She's not famous for owt she's done though. She's just famous because her famous parents fucked. And they were only famous for fucking too.

It's been a long time since being famous required some kind of achievement.

big_brother_jade_goody.jpg