Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

Fair play to him, he seems to have absolutely rinsed some idiots with that listing.

Shares in Donald Trump's media company soared as the firm made its formal debut on the stock market.

Shares surged past $70 in early trade, giving the firm a market value of more than $9bn. They ended the day at about $58, still up more than 16%.

The long-awaited moment will inject more than $200m into Trump Media & Technology Group and hands the former president a stake worth more than $4bn

Analysts say that is far more than the firm's performance warrants.

Trump Media's Truth Social, a Twitter-like service, brought in just $3.3m in revenue in the first nine months of last year and lost nearly $50m.

It says 8.9 million accounts have been created since the platform launched to the general public in 2022 as an alternative to mainstream sites such as Facebook, but it is not clear how many are active.

By comparison, the recently-listed Reddit currently has a market value of about $11bn. It boasts more than 70 million users and brought in $800m in revenue last year.

Kristi Marvin, chief executive of SPACInsider, compared Trump Media - which trades under the ticker DJT for Mr Trump's initials - to a meme stock, in which prices are untethered from the business prospects.

Interest in Trump Media has also been fuelled by individual investors, as opposed to Wall Street firms, many of them apparently Trump supporters.

• 3 weeks later...

“Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was, The Battle of Gettysburg. What an unbelievable — it was so much and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways. It represented such a big portion of the success of this country. Gettysburg, wow.”

"I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch. And, uh, the statement of Robert E. Lee, who’s no longer in favor — did you ever notice it? He’s no longer in favor. “Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.” They were fighting uphill. He said, “Wow, that was a big mistake.” He lost his big general and uh, they were fighting. “Never fight uphill, me boys,” but it was too late."

The man has lost whatever marbles he had left.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

The man has lost whatever marbles he had left.

So that's why Rob Lee hated attacking the Leazes? 👍

• Haha 5

The abortion stance is what is killing the GOP that and the fact that they are run by bible bashing fruitbats (and Putin)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

The abortion stance is what is killing the GOP that and the fact that they are run by bible bashing fruitbats (and Putin)

Even Trump understands that and is currently backing away from demanding federal abortion ban. 

Of course, he'll forget what his position is and play to whichever crowd he's facing at the time. 

On 27/03/2024 at 13:21, ewerk said:

Fair play to him, he seems to have absolutely rinsed some idiots with that listing.

Share price now down to $26.40, nearly two thirds less than what they launched at.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Share price now down to $26.40, nearly two thirds less than what they launched at.

And isn't the issue aren't the shares virtually worthless if he sells, catch 22? I suppose he will be looking to use his ownership as leverage in taking out some loans, but what serious investor would do that? 

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Apparently someone has set themselves on fire outside the court where Trump is on trial. 

I hope it’s one (less) of his cultists. 

Either that or the lad from the barbers in westerhope is very well travelled.

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/westerhope-fire-barber-shop-hospital-27153604.amp

how have you not heard about this it was only a year ago or so :lol:

Ah! 
I was actually stuck in traffic there, working for Sainsburys. 

Didn’t realise it was due to a BBQ though. 

Was the barber involved or did the Chronic stick him in the headline just because his shop was closest? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Ah! 
I was actually stuck in traffic there, working for Sainsburys. 

Didn’t realise it was due to a BBQ though. 

Was the barber involved or did the Chronic stick him in the headline just because his shop was closest? :lol:

Na the bloke was an ex employee and walked into the barbers and set himself on fire. I think he might have tried to burn the owner. It was fucking mental :lol:

17 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Na the bloke was an ex employee and walked into the barbers and set himself on fire. I think he might have tried to burn the owner. It was fucking mental :lol:

I heard he was sacked for not giving some lad the exact same haircut every single one of the 3,500 Turkish barbers in Newcastle does, regardless of what the punter asks for. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've only been to a Turkish barber once. On the subject of fire, am I imagining it or did he set fire to my ear hair? 

Na it happened, they light a conker on fire to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've only been to a Turkish barber once. On the subject of fire, am I imagining it or did he set fire to my ear hair? 

How else is he going to light his tab? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Apparently someone has set themselves on fire outside the court where Trump is on trial. 

I hope it’s one (less) of his cultists. 

the mask smoking GIF

🙂 

It must be terrifying being a woman in America at the minute. I just hope Trump loses in November and we never have to hear from the cunt in any serious way again. 

• Like 1