Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

This is genuinely terrifying. Please listen. Given he's openly saying this, I just cannot get my head around how American's don't value their democracy? I always believed it was taught quite intensively at school, guess I was wrong? The other thing is, given his threat, I am a bit surprised someone in the "deep state" hasn't put a bullet through his melon head.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Renton said:

This is genuinely terrifying. Please listen. Given he's openly saying this, I just cannot get my head around how American's don't value their democracy? I always believed it was taught quite intensively at school, guess I was wrong? The other thing is, given his threat, I am a bit surprised someone in the "deep state" hasn't put a bullet through his melon head.

Putin is looking canny orange here, mind.

54 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd take it to the top of his golden escalator and let him sign out in style with a rattly luge run. 

And hopefully take out Farrage at the same time. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Trump ordered to pay $83.3m in damages.

:lol: 

Should be no problem for him he'll just cook his books again and add it to the list of his already growing fraud charges.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Trump ordered to pay $83.3m in damages.

:lol: 

He’ll never pay it- he has a long history of never paying what owes. 

The more important question, to me anyway, is that America is ok with a legally guilty rapist being the leading opposition Presidential candidate?

I know it was a civil case as opposed to a criminal case, but even so, wtf? 

“Trump was shown the photograph he had characterized as a reception line at a charity event, but proceeded to mistakenly identify the image of Carroll as his second wife, Marla Maples, despite his first wife Ivana Trump also being in the picture;[3] upon recognizing his mistake, he protested that the photo was "very blurry". He then confirmed that all of his wives were his "type", and that by type he primarily meant physical type.[54] Despite attacking Carroll for not remembering the exact year of the alleged incident, Trump was unable to state the exact years of the beginning or end of any of his marriages when asked, and claimed that he was unsure if he had any extramarital affairs during his first marriage (including with Maples, despite this affair having regularly featured in New York tabloids).”

“Trump reiterated in his deposition that he did not know Carroll before she sued him, calling her a "nut job" and inaccurately asserting that in her CNN interview with Anderson Cooper she "actually indicated that she loved" the alleged assault and "said it was very sexy to be raped".[52][20] (Carroll had actually said, "I was not thrown on the ground and ravished, which... The word rapecarries so many sexual connotations. This was not—this was not sexual. It just hurt. ... I think most people think of rape as being sexy.")[20][21][17] He said Carroll alleged he "swooned" her, a word he said he used because he thought it would be more polite than saying fucked.[54] When asked if he had made the statements in the Access Hollywood tape (e.g., "when you're a star, [beautiful women] let you do it. They let you do anything. ... grab 'em by the pussy"), Trump responded, "Well, historically, that's true with stars. If you look over the last million years, that's largely true, unfortunately or fortunately." He then agreed that he was such a "star".

• Jaysus... 2

• 2 weeks later...

We're at the point now where it would be less damaging for one or more of those NATO allies to put together some sort of clandestine operation to dispose of the bloke before the election. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

We're at the point now where it would be less damaging for one or more of those NATO allies to put together some sort of clandestine operation to dispose of the bloke before the election. 

Absolutely not, we've got to beat scum like this at the ballot box. I thought once would be enough, but as always, some shits don't flush the first time. 

53 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think he'll beat Biden this time around though. It's fucking ludicrous that Biden is being allowed to run again. 

Unless some game- changer event happens I think he's a firm favourite to win

Biden is a fucking appalling choice as candidate to start with, and his disgusting Israel/Palestine policy is going to repulse so many young possible Dem voters that he'll have no chance

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I think he'll beat Biden this time around though. It's fucking ludicrous that Biden is being allowed to run again. 

Maybe the answer is for somebody to take out Biden? 

I'm not sure Trump is a shoe in though, as bad as Biden is. My understanding is that the large majority of independents will not vote Trump and a large proportion of Nikki Haley supporters won't vote Trump. Add in the fact the more exposure Trump gets, the more he turns off people, and the fact that the issue of democracy has overtaken the economy as the number 1 issue, and it looks less good for Trump. And Roe Wade reversal is also looking like an albatross for the GOP. 

Then again, maybe I'm just guilty of my own bias here, I really do not understand Americans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

majority of independents

There are no independents, they may hate Trrump but there not voting Democrat

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

large proportion of Nikki Haley supporters

She just lost a primary when Trump wasn't even on the ballot, and again they may hate Trrump but there not voting Democrat

They hate Biden more

5 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

Absolutely not, we've got to beat scum like this at the ballot box. I thought once would be enough, but as always, some shits don't flush the first time. 

hate to break it to you mate but he’s going to win 😩

8 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

There are no independents, they may hate Trrump but there not voting Democrat

She just lost a primary when Trump wasn't even on the ballot, and again they may hate Trrump but there not voting Democrat

They hate Biden more

Will they vote Trump though? Honestly, I just don't enough about it. YouTube keeps throwing me videos explaining how there is no realistic route to a Trump presidency. YouTube is probably just telling me what I want to hear, granted. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think we can at least all agree that, if Trump does get back in, it’ll be Starmer’s fault 

naturally. 

he's also got blood on his hands over the war in Gaza because Israeli military offensives are something he can truly influence as leader of the opposition 

• Haha 3