Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Is he seriously going to get back in next year?

I think even a lot of the republicans have turned their back on him now so he'd mostly likely have to run independently and it will depend on how many racist, homophobic, sexist, brain dead, sister shagging, gun toting, pick up truck driving, Bud Light avoiding, wife beating, caravan dwelling, knuckle dragging, meth addled, white hood wearing, webbed feet having, banjo playing, corn chewing, "y'all ain't from 'round here", redneck, hillbilly fucktards are registered to vote.

So probably.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I think even a lot of the republicans have turned their back on him now so he'd mostly likely have to run independently and it will depend on how many racist, homophobic, sexist, brain dead, sister shagging, gun toting, pick up truck driving, Bud Light avoiding, wife beating, caravan dwelling, knuckle dragging, meth addled, white hood wearing, webbed feet having, banjo playing, corn chewing, "y'all ain't from 'round here", redneck, hillbilly fucktards are registered to vote.

So probably.

I don't think most of the Republicans are prepared to take him on, so I think he will win the nomination.  The second part is spot on, though. 

I wish people wouldn't bump this thread until it is time for Yes Gemmill for the fucker.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I heard about this podcast series, and it sounds basically like "listen to me catastrophise for 40 minutes".

It's a no from me to that. I can do that myself.

It's not catasrophising at all. This episode is a canny in depth look at the US political situation. Can't really change the facts that a Trump presidency is a distinct possibility, especially with Biden as the opposite number. The premise is, if this happens, which is quite likely, you're going to witness Trump unleashed like never before and it does bring genuine concerns about US democracy surviving this. One thing the last decade has taught me is, when you think things can't get worse, they fucking can and will, no matter how much you stick your head in the ground. That's not me being pessimistic, it's just an objective evaluation of reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's not catasrophising at all. This episode is a canny in depth look at the US political situation. Can't really change the facts that a Trump presidency is a distinct possibility, especially with Biden as the opposite number. The premise is, if this happens, which is quite likely, you're going to witness Trump unleashed like never before and it does bring genuine concerns about US democracy surviving this. One thing the last decade has taught me is, when you think things can't get worse, they fucking can and will, no matter how much you stick your head in the ground. That's not me being pessimistic, it's just an objective evaluation of reality. 

What happened in the last two elections where the republicans were supposed to have massive wins?

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

What happened in the last two elections where the republicans were supposed to have massive wins?

I don't recall it being expected Trump would win in 2020? What did happen was that he was willing to have a coup to regain his presidency and what s also true that despite this he is leading Biden in 5/6 of the key swing states right now (accoridng to new poll, admittedly). And he is more desperate to win than ever because now the difference is him becoming president or likely being jailed for the rest of his life. Should he win, all bets are off. Personally, I think it will affect a lot more the the US. Nato, Europe, and in particular Ukraine would be fucked. 

Anyway, I'm no expert, I think people should listen to the podcast and make their own minds up. It's not like Gavin Esler is someone with extreme views, he's about as mainstream as they come and evidence-based. 

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't recall it being expected Trump would win in 2020? What did happen was that he was willing to have a coup to regain his presidency and what s also true that despite this he is leading Biden in 5/6 of the key swing states right now (accoridng to new poll, admittedly). And he is more desperate to win than ever because now the difference is him becoming president or likely being jailed for the rest of his life. Should he win, all bets are off. Personally, I think it will affect a lot more the the US. Nato, Europe, and in particular Ukraine would be fucked. 

Anyway, I'm no expert, I think people should listen to the podcast and make their own minds up. It's not like Gavin Esler is someone with extreme views, he's about as mainstream as they come and evidence-based. 

Ffs if you’re going to panic about shit then at least read up on it

https://www.rutgers.edu/news/what-happened-red-wave

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_United_States_elections

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

We may actually see WW3 if he wins IMO. If Ukraine falls to the Russians then they will inevitably try to expand and re-create the USSR, Nato will inevitably be forced to get involved directly - at which point it all kicks off.

I'd better get in the gym now, no way I can run a 10 minute mile and I'm not having some drill instructor screaming in my lug holes because I'm a fat cunt when I get conscripted. There's a chance with my background I may end up in a bunker with a computer, but I think I'd rather get shot at than try to learn Russian to transcribe Russian generals having a bit craic about nuking France.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Ffs if you’re going to panic about shit then at least read up on it

https://www.rutgers.edu/news/what-happened-red-wave

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_United_States_elections

Okay, so you're being your usual aggressive self here ffs :lol:

Read my post again, I said literally nothing about the 2022 mid terms. I know the democrats performed better than expected then, so what? Does that mean this will be repeated in 2024? Biden's stock has taken a huge blow since then. He's not popular and he is losing the youth vote, although ironically, the republicans abortion stance may heavily backfire on them here. It's absolutely mental that Trump could be a million miles from the presidency, but as ithappens, it's a real risk which most commentators recognise. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Renton said:

Indeed.  And he was expected to lose in 2016 or was this about the mid-terms?  I thought the only person who assumed there would be massive wins for the Republicans in those elections were Trump (and Putin).

• 1 month later...

"Says it like it is"

If like it is is batshit insane, and factually incorrect.

All I know about Trump is, if you drop him in water. That's the end of Trump.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...