Holidays 2024

McFaul

• 4 weeks later...

Squeezed a decent amount into a Lakes day yesterday, Fell Foot parkrun to start off, then Helvellyn (the quick and dirty way from the west side), round to Borrowdale for a more sedate stomp up and around Castle Crag, then an obscene quantity of fish and chips waterside in Bowness at dusk. 

I'm supposed to be doing a walk in the Peaks this afternoon but I'm a bit wrecked. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to sort a long weekend in Warsaw next month for £113 :lol: 30 quid flights and 83 quid for an Air BnB so I ask YOU - any decent food/bar shouts? Where should we be drinking? The apartment is right near the river which is apparently close to the Old Town (?) but also seems to be close to transport links for getting about. Looking forward to blitzing myself on £1.75 pints after the few month I’ve had tbh.

20 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Managed to sort a long weekend in Warsaw next month for £113 :lol: 30 quid flights and 83 quid for an Air BnB so I ask YOU - any decent food/bar shouts? Where should we be drinking? The apartment is right near the river which is apparently close to the Old Town (?) but also seems to be close to transport links for getting about. Looking forward to blitzing myself on £1.75 pints after the few month I’ve had tbh.

The woman at work has just been to Gdansk and said it was really nice. Is that any help?

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah I'm sure it's a big conspiracy against the fun loving dudes of Dubai. 

Clearly there's lots of unsavoury stuff that happens over there and I've no doubt that many foreigners are jailed for minor offences. But brushing past someone's hip in a bar? 

Theres clearly a disconnect somewhere. Every footballer in the land goes on the lash in Dubai every summer and doesn't get locked up. There's tens of thousands of young uns living and working over there in real estate and promotions without issue. It's a very popular tourist destination and the airport is (iirc) the busiest in the world.

But aye, if you get caught carrying drugs or shagging on the beach then you're likely to be locked up 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024