Holidays 2024

McFaul

On 2017-5-23 at 4:04 PM, Dr Gloom said:

Surely you've chosen the wrong destination if that's the kind of holiday you want? You should be out walking all day man, you lazy twat 

Spent a couple of days biking, was lovely :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Spent a couple of days biking, was lovely :D

You picked a good week to go like. Whereabouts were you?

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

You picked a good week to go like. Whereabouts were you?

Aye, spot on.

Just outside Hawkshead.  Lovely and quiet.  Back up next week for a race and then again in August.   Love the Lakes 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Aye, spot on.

Just outside Hawkshead.  Lovely and quiet.  Back up next week for a race and then again in August.   Love the Lakes 

It's nice round there. Did you go to Grizedale forest by any chance? They've got loads of biking trails there. Hope you got some Hawkshead Relish

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

It's nice round there. Did you go to Grizedale forest by any chance? They've got loads of biking trails there. Hope you got some Hawkshead Relish

Was on the road bikes, but aye stopped there for a coffee.  I was there last year and they have had a refurb since.  The visitor centre has been expanded and it looks great, some stunning timber trusses. 

The relish is lush had that before but didnt get any this time, totally forgot about that FFS! 

I'm going there in about a month as it happens. I'm staying in Windermere this time but will definitely head over to Hawkshead. I love the King's Arms and the Queen's Head there too. You can spend a bliddy fortune in the Hawkshead Relish shop like :lol:

• Like 1

Wooler. Had a huge fuck off walk yesterday taking in Cheviot, Hedgehope, and back to town. Felt like my legs were going to drop off. Anyway, spent most of today in town. It's all a bit the hills have eyes tbh. 

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Wooler. Had a huge fuck off walk yesterday taking in Cheviot, Hedgehope, and back to town. Felt like my legs were going to drop off. Anyway, spent most of today in town. It's all a bit the hills have eyes tbh. 

Did you go to the disco in the Black Bull?.... last time I was in there there was a punch up which started with a couple of lads but escalated instantly and rather dramatically when every other fucker just turned round and twatted the person stood next to them, all this whilst "we call it acieed" by d mob blasted away in the background, which gives an indication of his long ago it was...the tunes had reached darkest northern Northumberland but I don't think "the love drug" ever did :lol:

What the fuck is this discussion about skiing about? Four long dangling contraptions trying to make you ass over teakettle moguls? On a mountain downhill with pace, the snowboard is the only appropriate foot attire. Unless, you are talking about nose candy!

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Did you go to the disco in the Black Bull?.... last time I was in there there was a punch up which started with a couple of lads but escalated instantly and rather dramatically when every other fucker just turned round and twatted the person stood next to them, all this whilst "we call it acieed" by d mob blasted away in the background, which gives an indication of his long ago it was...the tunes had reached darkest northern Northumberland but I don't think "the love drug" ever did :lol:

:lol: Think I went in there and did a quick 180. 

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

What the fuck is this discussion about skiing about? Four long dangling contraptions trying to make you ass over teakettle moguls? On a mountain downhill with pace, the snowboard is the only appropriate foot attire. Unless, you are talking about nose candy!

Snowboarding is so vastly inferior it's not even worth discussing. They ruin pistes as well

14 hours ago, Renton said:

Are you checking it's really there?

I just go with the flow on that.

As long as I'm changing places and enjoying the change, it can be called anything.

It beats fictional trips to floating balls in empty spaces.

On 29/05/2017 at 11:26 AM, TheGingerQuiff said:

Snowboarding is so vastly inferior it's not even worth discussing. They ruin pistes as well

Ski wanker 

• Like 1

Got a chance of a flight to Gran Canaria at the end of the month for £100, never been there though, looking for recommendations for two 40 somethings with no kids who still enjoy a bit of a lash up.....looking for a resort with a bit of life but not full on teenage rampage tastic...

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Got a chance of a flight to Gran Canaria at the end of the month for £100, never been there though, looking for recommendations for two 40 somethings with no kids who still enjoy a bit of a lash up.....looking for a resort with a bit of life but not full on teenage rampage tastic...

Only been to Gran Canaria once, and this was back in the 90s. Stayed at Playa del Ingles which I think ticks your boxes. Large resort with a massive beach. Very gay. Not too much to dislike tbh. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024