Holidays 2024

McFaul

I'm not a fan and I don't usually bother with them, but the Hairy Bikers Christmas Special this year is a canny watch.

The older one has had a year of cancer treatment (he's still in treatment), so it's more a show about two canny enough blokes who are best mates, their relationship, and how they've coped with the prospect of one of them not being around anymore.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

God you’re getting old :lol: 

I'm just a really, really great bloke.

Here I've found a Christmas special that's more your speed. Cannon and Ball's 1986 Christmas Special.

(the truth is, I'm watching this tomorrow. This bloke has all of them going back to 1980. :lol:)

• Haha 4

I’m off until the 2nd now, except for an absolutely pointless fucking mini shift on the 29th. Went out with the lads from graft for a couple after we finished early (12:30 AM) and am now in the doghouse since I didn’t come in until 11PM with a dead phone and having made no attempt to get in touch with my lass.

Step into Christmas, Step into Christmas 🎶

• Haha 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 20/09/2023 at 18:35, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Back from Greece now and not quite fully depressed yet. We were smack dab in the middle of two towns, Kallithea and Afitos. The former was supposed to be very lively but COVID/inflation has obviously kicked the arse out of it. Lots of empty store fronts and the bars were pretty much dead outside of the beach bars full of knackers. Afitos, though, was absolutely stunning. A completely picturesque, old Greek town with outstanding food (had a mind-blowing seafood platter overlooking the coastline at the peak of the village), cool as fuck, laid back bars in the square and the kind of blart that you just don’t get here. I’d well recommend a week in the place if you’re looking at Greece. Will take you an hour from Thessaloniki airport but it’s absolutely lush. Also had the strongest Old Fashioned I’ve ever had in my life in one of the cocktail bars. I don’t know how I didn’t go blind. 5 star location 

Found it

1 hour ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Who was it who stayed at some remote fishing village in Greece or something similar.

Mrs S wants somewhere away from it all

Help

Paxos is lush. As long as you can be arsed with having to get a ferry or hydrofoil from corfu. The latter takes about an hour. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Got pissed last night and apparently booked 5 nights in Marrakesh

In March lol

slow west GIF

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024