Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, zerosum said:

Yeah, only Robson and Keegan are up there with Rafa .. Dalglish was a man of integrity but had a right sour demeanour..

You can add to the list above dutch dreadlock holiday and the scottish leg breaker 

To be fair, Gullit didn't take a pay out when he was binned off, unlike Dalglish.

1 hour ago, zerosum said:

Yeah, only Robson and Keegan are up there with Rafa .. Dalglish was a man of integrity but had a right sour demeanour..

You can add to the list above dutch dreadlock holiday and the scottish fuckpig

Fyp 

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

To be fair, Gullit didn't take a pay out when he was binned off, unlike Dalglish.

fair enough.. but he was just here on a high paid jolly .. used to be in chase and bars in the quayside pissed up all the time, with an entourage of ladies 

3 hours ago, zerosum said:

You can add to the list above dutch dreadlock holiday and the scottish leg breaker 

Hughton and to some extent Roeder (the job was way above his level) also deserve praise for the way they conducted themselves as managers here.

But the dross we've had, especially since cunty Mike bought the club, is ridiculous.

Fair point with Roeder as well tbh. Him resigning was clearly because Shepherd was selling and Ashley/Allardyce was coming in but his full season post-Shearer saw him juggle a load of injuries, bleed in youngsters and actually pull off some memorable performances. All got a bit weird when he referred to himself in the third person and started Matty Pattison at home to Spurs but the decent outweighed the shite.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, trooper said:

Aye i hope so, so much hinges on the takeover going through before the January window

Less about it being finalised before January, and more that there's money to spend in January.

This from this mornings Chronicle

It was put to Benitez that January would be a big month for him and his side. “I have no idea,” he said.

Asked to clarify he repeated: “I have no idea.” When asked whether that was because of the takeover he again repeated: “I have no idea.”

• 2 weeks later...

Rafa presser today Speaking ahead of the Everton game, Benitez said

: “Hopefully after the Everton game we will have a win and some news and people will be happy.”

And with some clubs already getting deals in place for new players, Benitez said: “Still we’re monitoring and talking to players but still we do not know how much money is available.

“I don’t know if it’ll be loans or permanent yet, I don’t know budget but I hope to know soon.

“I met Lee Charnley the other day and I hope to have answer soon.”

Doesnt look like we're getting sorted for the January window if he's having to talk about transfer budgets with Charnley

Edited by trooper

4 minutes ago, trooper said:

Rafa presser today Speaking ahead of the Everton game, Benitez said

: “Hopefully after the Everton game we will have a win and some news and people will be happy.”

And with some clubs already getting deals in place for new players, Benitez said: “Still we’re monitoring and talking to players but still we do not know how much money is available.

“I don’t know if it’ll be loans or permanent yet, I don’t know budget but I hope to know soon.

“I met Lee Charnley the other day and I hope to have answer soon.”

Doesnt look like we're getting sorted for the January window if he's having to talk about transfer budgets with Charnley

Unlike you to pop a negative spin on things mate. Are you ok?

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

You think Charnley will be still here if Amanda & her people purchase the club ? 

Nope, but Charnley is the Ashley/Benitez go between, isn't he?

So whatever is happening, he'll be the one benitez talks to first about it.

Those quotes could be spun the other way; Benitez expects takeover updates soon.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Nope, but Charnley is the Ashley/Benitez go between, isn't he?

So whatever is happening, he'll be the one benitez talks to first about it.

Those quotes could be spun the other way; Benitez expects takeover updates soon.

Sorry mate i can't see a positive in there. I mean hopefully i'm a million miles wrong & everything is fine with Rafa having a massive budget to spend this window. Again i suppose the wait goes on but the clocks ticking regarding the January window.

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's hard not to be negative when we've less than three weeks until the window opens and the manager doesn't know what his budget is.

Aye, genuinely feels like the last chance for ages for the club to be anything other than the joke Ashley has frequently made us. Even if we stay up, remove Benitez from the picture (and that seems inevitable come the summer if Ashley is still in charge) replace him with an average (if we're lucky) manager and things are only going on way. It's difficult to comprehend the owner's view point as well. I can understand wanting as much money as possible for the club but I can't understand him seriously risking relegation again. A third one would be fucking crazy and the previous two have been completely avoidable.

23 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's hard not to be negative when we've less than three weeks until the window opens and the manager doesn't know what his budget is.

Aye :lol: 

Wouldn't surprise me if Ashley is doing his usual trick of not answering his phone like he did in June.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Rafa: "We changed formation, we changed players, we changed the shape of the team, the approach but still we made some mistakes. Obviously, it's not the best time but we have to stick together & continue working because it's a long season."

Rafa Benitez Everton press conference:

“I have experience of teams at the bottom. We keep the same message but change little things. You cannot lose your principles. That was the key when we were winning.

“(The festive period) is always crucial. But it will be crucial in January, in April. Every game is important. We have to go and try to get three points in the next game.

Hopefully we will win and things will be easier. We don’t need to think about a run of games, losing or winning. We concentrate on the next one and see after that.

“Some games we are the youngest team in the Premier League. We have to learn quickly. This team is working very hard. Little things we have to improve and we will be stronger.

“We know our job. Everyone has an opinion. It’s not rocket science – we need players in some positions. If we can, fine, if not, we will have to work harder.

“We’re monitoring players and talking to people. We still don’t know how much money is available. We know what we need, can we get that, I don’t know."

“A lot of teams around of us have spent a lot of money and are still around us. We need to stay calm, work harder and we will start winning games.

“Everton are a good team with good players. They know they need to win more games away. Maybe they will be more open, but you never know. We have to control things that are in our hands.

“I don’t play against other managers. It’s about the team you have. Sam Allardyce is a good manager with experience but hopefully we can beat Everton.

“Jamaal Lascelles was nearly there (on Saturday). Having players with character and personality when things aren’t going wrong is good. I haven’t picked the team yet.

“Paul Dummett is getting better but still we have to wait. If everybody is available, hopefully we can be as solid as we were earlier in the season."

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Aye this does not bode well at all.

FFS @The Fish I love your optimism but you don't see the massive warning signs this implies?