Leicester City v Newcastle United

trophyshy

Fish first stated we'd stay up when it was highly unlikely we'd go down. :lol: When he first stated it, even in the middle of the biggest post match moan-ins, you'd never have really expected Carver's run to be quite as hideous as it was.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The positivity is because we have a manager with a decent CV. We have a slight chink of hope that we will not capitulate as soon as we step out of the tunnel. We have have hope that the fuckers pulling the shirts on will graft for it, not just sit back, collect their coin and not give one shit as they have done all season.

Fish first stated we'd stay up when it was highly unlikely we'd go down. :lol: When he first stated it, even in the middle of the biggest post match moan-ins, you'd never have really expected Carver's run to be quite as hideous as it was.

Aye, but even during Carver's capitulation I thought we'd get enough points to survive. Honestly didn't think it'd go to the last day.

Right is right though, right?

If there are 90 minutes of renewed determination and some semblance of pride (AKA giving a shit) then that'll do tonight. Any points are a bonus. Our defence will have to play out their skins to keep a clean sheet so lets hope we can suddenly find the back of the net ourselves.

I'm not expecting miracles for the game tonight, he's only had maybe 3 training sessions, but do expect a change of attitude, if any of the usual suspects fail to show the required desire then they can quite frankly fuck off.

Hopefully one of the benefits of keeping Cathro on is that he can give the back-story to Benitez of those players who have not shown the required professionalism.

It was hardly a risky prediction though. :lol:

But he was RIGHT and told us he was RIGHT all along.

Reckon I was quite magnanimous at the end of the season, mind. I took a lot of shit about my bold prediction, January onwards.

let's not split any hairs over it

I'm still waiting to hear "The Fish Was Right" from some people...

Those follicle words would make me so happy.

I'm really surprised at the positivity on here. Sure, Rafa's a top manager, but we've been awful away from home all season and he's only had a few days.

:lol:

Fish's position on this board is to occupy and vouch for the centreground. He's like old New Labour - campaigning for what he considers to be a left wing agenda (staying up last season and this season) only to be caught cold by the sudden surge of further left political thought (Rafa is going to turn the whole club on its head and we'll start moving forward at last) and thus finding himself sitting off on the right with a bemused look on his face and trying to temper everyone's expectations (Rafa has a big job on his hands and we still might get relegated - even if we don't it's no guarantee, etc.)

:lol:

Fish's position on this board is to occupy and vouch for the centreground. He's like old New Labour - campaigning for what he considers to be a left wing agenda (staying up last season and this season) only to be caught cold by the sudden surge of further left political thought (Rafa is going to turn the whole club on its head and we'll start moving forward at last) and thus finding himself sitting off on the right with a bemused look on his face and trying to temper everyone's expectations (Rafa has a big job on his hands and we still might get relegated - even if we don't it's no guarantee, etc.)

I agree that I'm the voice of considered reason, thank you.